• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Sellers keep claiming there were only 250 copies of this printed. But how can this be? Looking at the census there are currently 182 slabs just for CGC alone and the book is only two and a half years old.

That low of a print run does not seem to jibe.

-J.

There are two versions of the "Lucille" variant.

The Foil version is the one that is quoted as having only 250 copies printed and shows up in the census as "Red Foil Edition". These were sold online on Skybound's site (without Sigs - more on this below). If you look at the census numbers on this version there are 135 total graded copies (as opposed to 184) out of a supposed 250.

The Non-Foil edition, which shows up as "Lucille" on the census, was supposed to have a run of 500 with all copies singed and sent to retailers. The idea was that retailers could send in their signed copies and get a SS label as they had all already been witnessed before being sent out. However, at some point shortly after release, unsigned copies of the non-foil edition surfaced and due to this fact CGC put a deadline on when retailers could submit the book and still receive the SS label. If submitted after the deadline, the book would receive a Qualified label. This is the version that you are referencing with the 184 graded number. Look at the break down: 35 Universal, 53 Qualified and 98 SS.

Hope that helps. It was confusing to me when I started to research it and I hope I explained it correctly. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong on any of that :)

Damn! Never even heard of it. Im sooooo outa the loop. Would love to check it out but not for a price range like that. Glad its doing well though. Oh btw im new to the boards so hello gang.

Jaydam45 gets a new sn, and acts cordial. Ok, he chilled out with the name change.

WTTB.

Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes 23 Hughes variant -- up up and away

I love this cover, but at this rate, I'll never be able to afford it. :sorry:

The cover art for this one is amazing . Classic AH. There was one that sold on the boards for $250 last week. Totally missed out on that deal for sure.

Damn! Never even heard of it. Im sooooo outa the loop. Would love to check it out but not for a price range like that. Glad its doing well though. Oh btw im new to the boards so hello gang.

Jaydam45 gets a new sn, and acts cordial. Ok, he chilled out with the name change.

WTTB.

So is that a 2nd appearance or a reprint

Is this the closest any publisher has gotten to producing a 1 of a kind variant? Seriously, we can count on 2 hands the number of retailers who can order 4,999 copies of a single issue of a comic book.

Valiant did five "Golden Ticket" editions for the order-all covers of Unity #1. The artwork is the same but the UPC calls out that it's a variant. Only three of the five have been publicly announced to have been found.

WTTB.

So is that a 2nd appearance or a reprint

Moe along the lines of Liefeld using art from another story and changing the word bubbles to fit his needs.

Is this the closest any publisher has gotten to producing a 1 of a kind variant? Seriously, we can count on 2 hands the number of retailers who can order 4,999 copies of a single issue of a comic book.

Valiant did five "Golden Ticket" editions for the order-all covers of Unity #1. The artwork is the same but the UPC calls out that it's a variant. Only three of the five have been publicly announced to have been found.

True. That single book for each variant with the "GOLDEN TICKET" notation in the UPC is about a 1:12,000 for each variant.

(Possibly lower for variants B, C, D, E... could be as high as 1:20,000 for cover A.)

The ratio doesn't mean as much though, because they are each unique, regardless of the order counts there was only ever going to be one.

So does this mean that Star Wars 8 1st Jaxxon is heating up? Anyone knows if he will appear in Force Awakens?

s_l1600.jpg

Someone needs to call Michael Golden up and see if he'll do a Jaxxon/Bucky O'Hare crossover.

The JSC Uncanny Avengers variant is still selling well. I've sold 3 now. Last one sold right at my BIN for $55. Only lasted 2 days from list to sale. I'm officially out of them now though.

So does this mean that Star Wars 8 1st Jaxxon is heating up? Anyone knows if he will appear in Force Awakens?

s_l1600.jpg

Someone needs to call Michael Golden up and see if he'll do a Jaxxon/Bucky O'Hare crossover.

Now thats whats up!!!