• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,756 posts in this topic

So don't you think it should be posted somewhere appropriate or at a time when it is said to have "heated up" on eBay?

Someone please start a "I want to suggest a book spec" thread?!?!?!?!?!

there's a different thread where people suggest new threads.

So don't you think it should be posted somewhere appropriate or at a time when it is said to have "heated up" on eBay?

Someone please start a "I want to suggest a book spec" thread?!?!?!?!?!

Sorry, I've seen people post here before regarding stuff like this and I got confused. Thought I was being helpful; will refrain from doing so in the future.

death issues are meaningless unless the publisher is contractually bound to never bring them back.

who has stayed dead other than captain stacey? and i'm not even sure about that. they brought uncle ben back, right?

the human torch was dead for what, 5 minutes?

Is this the closest any publisher has gotten to producing a 1 of a kind variant? Seriously, we can count on 2 hands the number of retailers who can order 4,999 copies of a single issue of a comic book.

Edited by rjrjr

Cover price to buy 4999 copies of this comic is $24,945.01.

Regardless, most variants are valued at ratio / 2, so this comic shouldn't cost more than $2,499. lol

I'm just thinking about what I could do with $3,999. No modern comic even crosses my mind when I consider it.

Edited by rjrjr

Is this the closest any publisher has gotten to producing a 1 of a kind variant? Seriously, we can count on 2 hands the number of retailers who can order 4,999 copies of a single issue of a comic book.

Certainly not a sign that a crash or correction is imminent.

hm

In addition to that:

Seller right now = :roflmao:

Buyer in five years (possibly five minutes after purchase) = :facepalm:

hm

In addition to that:

There are 2 of these up for auction on eBay and I guarantee they are going to go for much, much less than this copy sold for.

hm

In addition to that:

There are 2 of these up for auction on eBay and I guarantee they are going to go for much, much less than this copy sold for.

I would believe/hope they would. At this point the first buyer might as well buy them all if he's considering the first purchase as an investment to corner the "market". I'm guessing it wasn't for the cover art. I'm pretty sure for that price the OA can be had. Possibly delivered by Chip in a banana costume. :banana: