• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,861 posts in this topic

fooled me, i never for once thought this thread was an insidious plot by a few ebay sellers to spark the sales of their current auctions.

live and learn

:makepoint:

Didn't you know it was a conspiracy! :kidaround:

Oakman, I'll give you $10 for your sig line :baiting:

You know cause its beater copies nobody wants, if its not modern it aint worth having :ohnoez:

i consider to refer me in a deeming manner as names then yes.

One of the greatest sentences I have ever read on the Internet. Ever.

Could it be Yoda has found the CGC forums? hm

for instance I know a comic is "hot" I buy x amount of copies of said book. To resell on ebay then I come here and advertise how hot the book is. knowing that boardies on here are going to see and act on that advice. Not only to hype further book but to make a profit. all i say is this thread is a scam. people should make their own judgement calls on what they think is hot.

I think you're looking for a thread titled "Moderns that MIGHT heat up on ebay!".

This thread is for books already heating up.... if you don't own them then it's probably too late.

I believe Larry's Comics has a site/board/twitter account dedicated to speculating - perhaps that's more your style??

fooled me, i never for once thought this thread was an insidious plot by a few ebay sellers to spark the sales of their current auctions.

live and learn

You know cause its beater copies nobody wants, if its not modern it aint worth having :ohnoez:

Sheit! maybe I should take you up on that,since they are not hot anymore. hm

live and learn

I suggest you cut your losses and sell me that Hulk #1 :sumo:

live and learn

I suggest you cut your losses and sell me that Hulk #1 :sumo:

tumblr_lrgy4qQWwG1qg39ewo1_500.gif

Remember back two days ago when this thread used to be about modern comics that were heating up on Ebay?

Lots of people have enjoyed this thread and it's forefathers for a long time. The reason it only goes back a few months is because people hijacked the previous threads and took them way off topic and new ones were started.

Not everyone who reads this is looking to run out and buy the latest modern book and flip it on Ebay. Most people ignore Larry but if some people find it mutually beneficial to buy his books, good for both parties. Some people have stashes of long box drek and appreciate the tip when something is heating up so then can scrounge around and sell some of those.

The tip on Bane was great, I knew a guy that had scads of those that he blew out in his dollar boxes two years ago. He held that dead wood for 16 years and sold two years too early. I'm sure that there are still some hanging around in dollar boxes. Good times.

Why are you even trying Oak?

lol

I thought I could help out the noob,but guess not.He wants to be right regardless of what we say.

"noob" i cant believe theres people in the world as naive as you, seems like you would buy a bag of beans if someone told you they were magical

Hey guy,

This just in. The collective masses are trying to inform you of what the purpose of this thread is for. You listen, but you don't comprehend the meaning.

If you are strickly speaking to people making money from buying or investing in comics, then this thread could assist you as could a myriad of other things like reading websites, getting a feel for what could be hot, taking a chance on a book like all investors potentially do in any field. No risk, no reward.

We like strangers around here, not in a Deliverance way, but we tend to also expect them to be somewhat humble and understand what we are trying to tell them.

I have 2 Vengeance of Bane books that I have had for YEARS. Some fine people have commented on how they have gone up again. I will sell mine on ebay, knowing that no one had to do anything for me but share information and they will expect the same from me.

The investment part of the book for many of these books has already been made, the risk has been taken in many cases, now it is up to whomever reads the post to decipher what to do with said information.

Advice, and I know you won't take it from what I have read of your posts which basically say the same thing over and over...

Just sit back and learn. Talking more then listening has helped fewer people on these boards then listening more then talking. Soak it up, but don't come on here and tell people it is a scam

Search Jaredskeycomics on ebay if you want to learn about scams with moderns. All of these people that post would do about anything for anyone and most of us have never met. I think that pretty much throws words like 'scam' out of the scenario.

Look forward to hearing what you can provide to the conversation, but remember, no one is going to build your kingdom for you. You have to put the time and effort it. If it looks to good to be true, it probably is...

That is my 'efforting' for the day...

As you can see from my sig. line,I'm doing just fine with my own collecting focus. ;)

are you trying to show off? those are neither hot nor modern

:roflmao:

Now your just being silly! :roflmao:

really? there established key silver age and bronzed comics. i would not consider them hot

You sir, have no clue what you're talking about. Carry on.