• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,787 posts in this topic

Damn, seeing those Banes going for nearly $100, makes me regret selling one here 2-3 months ago for $40. I found it at a flea market for $1, so I guess I can't complain.

I'm tempted to sell my personal copy since its going for so much. I got it when it was going for less than $5 a few years ago, but Bane is one of my favorite characters, so I might hang on to it.

Damn, seeing those Banes going for nearly $100, makes me regret selling one here 2-3 months ago for $40. I found it at a flea market for $1, so I guess I can't complain.

I'm tempted to sell my personal copy since its going for so much. I got it when it was going for less than $5 a few years ago, but Bane is one of my favorite characters, so I might hang on to it.

+1

I had 7 of them and I sold 6 of them here on the boards back in September thru November. I sold mine for $45ea. and 4 of them were Solid NM/MT that I know would've graded at 9.8 and the other 2 were NM+.

I'm going to sell my last one and buy another at the end of the year. These prices won't hold much longer. After the Movie comes out they will come back down. I can see this being a $25 book after the Movie is released and if DC reprints this book it will really kill the prices.

The one good thing going for this book is that it doesn't have 14 Prints like The Killing Joke. So if anyone wants to read it collector or not, they have to pay the big bucks for a 1st or 2nd Print. If there were trades available for this book they would have never reached these prices.

But after the Movie comes out I bet we will be seeing a lot more Prints getting released by DC. So now is the time to sell them!!

I dont want to sound like a debbie downer first of all. I want to state I'm a modern collector, I mostly love moderns but realizing in the grand scheme of things, making a flip from a modern comic doesn't seem like a big deal. Ok you might find a comic in a recluse comic book store for a couple bucks or you hear an tip on the internet about a new rare comic coming out and flip on ebay for what 50-60 then you gotta deal with ebay/paypal taking there chunk and the rarely of finding those books. Can/do people make a profit, let alone a living from modern comics? do those people really exist?

:hi:

+1

I had 7 of them and I sold 6 of them here on the boards back in September thru November. I sold mine for $45ea. and 4 of them were Solid NM/MT that I know would've graded at 9.8 and the other 2 were NM+.

I'm going to sell my last one and buy another at the end of the year. These prices won't hold much longer. After the Movie comes out they will come back down. I can see this being a $25 book after the Movie is released and if DC reprints this book it will really kill the prices.

The one good thing going for this book is that it doesn't have 14 Prints like The Killing Joke. So if anyone wants to read it collector or not, they have to pay the big bucks for a 1st or 2nd Print. If there were trades available for this book they would have never reached these prices.

But after the Movie comes out I bet we will be seeing a lot more Prints getting released by DC. So now is the time to sell them!!

I think a collected edition comes out in March. So you're right, now IS the time to sell!

seeing on ebayuk that Uncharted selling well, issue 1 going for £10 and issue 2 around £7, number 3 almost sold out on ebay bar people selling it for £4 already

Seriously? I better find mine!

I dont want to sound like a debbie downer first of all. I want to state I'm a modern collector, I mostly love moderns but realizing in the grand scheme of things, making a flip from a modern comic doesn't seem like a big deal. Ok you might find a comic in a recluse comic book store for a couple bucks or you hear an tip on the internet about a new rare comic coming out and flip on ebay for what 50-60 then you gotta deal with ebay/paypal taking there chunk and the rarely of finding those books. Can/do people make a profit, let alone a living from modern comics? do those people really exist?

And over here. :hi:

seeing on ebayuk that Uncharted selling well, issue 1 going for £10 and issue 2 around £7, number 3 almost sold out on ebay bar people selling it for £4 already

yep a few BIN's at 9.99, one at 10.99

yep a few BIN's at 9.99, one at 10.99

and thankfully A Place In Space sorted me out a regular priced copy just now

I see why Uncanny X-Force #20 venom variant is going up in price. It's pretty darn impossible to locate locally, no store i've been to ordered enough copies to get the Variant ( or they're lying). Wonder if the price will keep going up enough to make it worthwhile to buy some in the $30-$40 range.

I did grab a couple IDW Robots in Disguise & More than Meets the Eye Transformers Variant #1 though, on a whim.

Edited by krighton

Not a comic, but another type of "modern" is heating up on ebay --- I noticed that the frosted X-Men toon tumblers are hitting $30-45 on ebay pretty consistently depending on the character.

Who knew Paul's collectible character glasses would be...collectible??!?!

:applause:

Now that people know the frosted glasses are no longer made (and haven't been for years) there is some demand. People have been on the FB page looking for missing ones, especially in the X-Men set.

i was thinking more of a Johnny Raincloud :hi:

hm

hm

SD makes more per capita then any other state per comic collector lol

MOVE HERE! THE WINTERS ARE WONDERFUL!!!! :facepalm:

seems like a bunch of us are chasing for the same nickle, especially with the internet word moves lighting fast. What I want to know is how to get on the ground floor on something big, and is there any outlets for that. Anyone want to give away any of there secret sources? tips/tricks?

seems like a bunch of us are chasing for the same nickle, especially with the internet word moves lighting fast. What I want to know is how to get on the ground floor on something big, and is there any outlets for that. Anyone want to give away any of there secret sources? tips/tricks?

become a venture capitalist, go out and find the next google

How about if I just cut you a check?