• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Not this mess again.......

:facepalm:

Is that not a good return for a non-variant Modern? Thought that's what the thread was about. (shrug)

Sure but context is important. That book is being bought and sold on the presence and spread of misinformation. It kind of helps to know that if you are interested in buying or selling it as it helps to determine the level of risk.

Is that not a good return for a non-variant Modern? Thought that's what the thread was about. (shrug)

Sure but context is important. That book is being bought and sold on the presence and spread of misinformation. It kind of helps to know that if you are interested in buying or selling it as it helps to determine the level of risk.

I just posted a sale. Not my problem to make your mind up for you.

Edited by ygogolak

But you did nothing to determine the why. The why is important.

But you did nothing to determine the why. The why is important.

Why?....because someone thought it was worth that much. That's why all books sell for the price they do. No reason to judge how someone else spends their money.

Are you asking if I would pay that much for that book? No, I wouldn't personally.

Why?....because someone thought it was worth that much. That's why all books sell for the price they do.

If this is your reasoning what are you even doing here? Anyone can look at recent eBay sales and note prices.

No reason to judge how someone else spends their money.

Yes, there is a reason. Because when you post a book that sold people in this community are interested in whether that sale is an anomaly or part of a trend. Since people here make money, some their entire living, off the comics market this sort of thing matters.

Cable and Deadpool 50 is being bought and sold currently due to misinformation. It was previously bought and sold because its a final issue, until recently when some people made sure to mention it all over the comics-related internet as it being the first appearance of Venompool. Incorrectly. This results in eBay sellers incorrectly touting it as the first appearance of Venompool and buyers of varying intelligence purchasing it as a result. Where were these sellers advertising this book as the first appearance of Venompool a year ago? Two years ago? Venompool has been around for roughly 5 years so why the discnnect? This isn't a coincidence. Its almost like market manipulation is real. :eyeroll:

Why does this matter, I mean who cares about the insufficiently_thoughtful_person buyers who don't know any better? Well if you're going to buy into a book it just kind of sort of matters if the interest in that book is genuine or built on lies. That maybe kind of sort of gives an indication of where the book will be valued next week, next month, next year. And call me crazy but some sellers might actually care if what they are selling is the real thing or a fugazi.

Not going to read that wall of text, but I'm not here to educate people on hot books when they offer nothing. In the past week there have been a few books mentioned, all having to do with movie news. Not that hard to find that stuff.

If you don't think the book is hot, for whatever reason, you're flat out wrong.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=cable%20and%20deadpool%2050&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

I saw Guardians team up #10 Mattina variant on another site, advertised as deals under $20. I like Mattina so I checked ebay, and its wiped clean. One copy available at $79.99, with most recent sale closed at nearly $40! Is this book flying under the radar?

No. It sold because the drones don't know better. Just say the website.......geesh.

CBSI

If people were smart, they'd do their own research and buy covers they like.

Not going to read that wall of text, but I'm not here to educate people on hot books when they offer nothing. In the past week there have been a few books mentioned, all having to do with movie news. Not that hard to find that stuff.

If you don't think the book is hot, for whatever reason, you're flat out wrong.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=cable%20and%20deadpool%2050&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

I never made the argument that the book was not hot.

I explained why it was hot and you took your ball and went home.

I saw Guardians team up #10 Mattina variant on another site, advertised as deals under $20. I like Mattina so I checked ebay, and its wiped clean. One copy available at $79.99, with most recent sale closed at nearly $40! Is this book flying under the radar?

Thanks for posting something relevant! (thumbs u

It was recently mentioned on this site, so that's probably why.

http://comicbookinvest.com/2016/10/07/get-comic-book-steals-20-less/

Thanks for posting something relevant! (thumbs u

It was recently mentioned on this site, so that's probably why.

http://comicbookinvest.com/2016/10/07/get-comic-book-steals-20-less/

I didnt want to say the site because I respect this site, I was just being respectful candletric. I work a full time job, and have a 3 year old. Sorry I dont obsessively search my favorite artists 24/7. If its not a retail variant, I usually dont know about it. If you are saying you do your own research, then why are you in this specific thread constantly?

Im here because I love comics, and speculation is a fun hobby. As I get deeper into it my views are shifting to cover artists, I really appreciate the amazing visuals, and god knows I cant do jack with a pencil. So please dont judge me because I visited a spec site lol

Why?....because someone thought it was worth that much. That's why all books sell for the price they do.

If this is your reasoning what are you even doing here? Anyone can look at recent eBay sales and note prices.

Yes, there is a reason. Because when you post a book that sold people in this community are interested in whether that sale is an anomaly or part of a trend. Since people here make money, some their entire living, off the comics market this sort of thing matters.

Cable and Deadpool 50 is being bought and sold currently due to misinformation. It was previously bought and sold because its a final issue, until recently when some people made sure to mention it all over the comics-related internet as it being the first appearance of Venompool. Incorrectly. This results in eBay sellers incorrectly touting it as the first appearance of Venompool and buyers of varying intelligence purchasing it as a result. Where were these sellers advertising this book as the first appearance of Venompool a year ago? Two years ago? Venompool has been around for roughly 5 years so why the discnnect? This isn't a coincidence. Its almost like market manipulation is real. :eyeroll:

Why does this matter, I mean who cares about the insufficiently_thoughtful_person buyers who don't know any better? Well if you're going to buy into a book it just kind of sort of matters if the interest in that book is genuine or built on lies. That maybe kind of sort of gives an indication of where the book will be valued next week, next month, next year. And call me crazy but some sellers might actually care if what they are selling is the real thing or a fugazi.

I think you are little harsh here on ygoglak. All he did was post a book. He didn't pump it up just listed the sale.

I pretty much agree with most of your postings, but you were a little over the top here.

We get the point on the book. Several of us care about our reputations as sellers, but the book's selling price is still valid to discuss.

So what is the first "Venompool" then? The Back in Black series is crazy popular here already and people are running around trying to find the first time they merge. Are people saying that it's the What If.....? issue and this isn't because it's a random symbiote that bonds with Wade?

Edited by Hey Kids, Comics!

This. Makes. My. Head. Explode. (insert exploding head emoji here) :grin: