• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

My motto. You must buy every book as if you are going to be stuck with it. If you buy with the hopes of always flipping for gains, you are going to get burned. So never by something you don't like, because it could be stuck in a box staring at you for years.

This is not to say, I do not make occasional gambles, but I do so with the realization I may never see that money again.

Are there any "businessmen / businesswomen" on here that make "... their entire living " based on the comments posted here? I recently received an out of the U.S. investor, by email, who would like to invest in your fine business model.

its deadpools secret secret wars 3 :shy:

the fact that I will be listing 5 in the next few days should in no way be construed as having influenced the above statement. The fact that I sold one copy already last week with a Cable & Deadpool 50, the only copy I could find of that issue for a quick flip, also has no bearing on my initial statement.

If I got a copy if the what if? (I had one once briefly but had to return it as the lot it came in had damage and never read it) I might change my mind. You know, after reading it.

(In all honestly I don't know where the argument stands now other than the question of canon regarding the What If is unresolved, although if it is truly relevant I am not yet sure. I pick up last weeks' books tomorrow myself, so whatever info Back in Black reveals I do not yet know.)

Are there any "businessmen / businesswomen" on here that make "... their entire living " based on the comments posted here? I recently received an out of the U.S. investor, by email, who would like to invest in your fine business model.

Your poor attempt at humor aside, yes full time dealers use this website as a source of information regarding what books to buy and sell. As their only source? Of course not. But again that is something you are insinuating that I posted when in reality I never did. You keep changing the narrative in these exchanges because you are incapable of a response with any merit. If you don't realize the value in understanding why a book is heating up or cooling down, then I can't help you. And if that's the case would you like to buy some cloud insurance?

Your poor attempt at humor aside, yes full time dealers use this website as a source of information regarding what books to buy and sell. As their only source? Of course not. But again that is something you are insinuating that I posted when in reality I never did. You keep changing the narrative in these exchanges because you are incapable of a response with any merit. If you don't realize the value in understanding why a book is heating up or cooling down, then I can't help you. And if that's the case would you like to buy some cloud insurance?

hqdefault_zpsk49kaezh.jpg

Stop trying to prevent the spread of lies and misinformation. (tsk) You might be costing people money!

So this is still happening.

How about we get the this thread back on track.

Arguing over the internet is pointless.

Still Hot !

Ebay Darth Vader #3

Arguing over the internet is not pointless at all.

Trying to change someone else's mind over the internet (or, indeed, at all) is pointless, yes, but there are more people involved than just those "arguing", and THOSE people are the important ones.

And, truth and facts are always, always of infinitely more value than lies and misinformation, whether by negligence or purpose.

No, it is never, ever pointless to speak the truth in public. If people are going to speculate, at least they ought to do it with their eyes wide open.

Still Hot !

Ebay Darth Vader #3

Trying to change someone else's mind over the internet (or, indeed, at all) is pointless, yes, but there are more people involved than just those "arguing", and THOSE people are the important ones.

And, truth and facts are always, always of infinitely more value than lies and misinformation, whether by negligence or purpose.

No, it is never, ever pointless to speak the truth in public. If people are going to speculate, at least they ought to do it with their eyes wide open.

If people are dumb enough to purchase items because of something a random person on the internet said and they dont do their own research.

These people have no one to blame but themselves.

So are we now going to argue over how i disagree with what you say ?

Arguing over the internet is 100% pointless.

You will never change my mind and i will never change yours but we can argue till the sun goes down no winners just people with keyboards.

Still Hot !

Ebay Darth Vader #3

If people are dumb enough to purchase items because of something a random person on the internet said and they dont do their own research.

You will never change my mind and i will never change yours but we can argue till the sun goes down no winners just people with keyboards.

100% percent is a lot of percent.

Still Hot !

Ebay Darth Vader #3

Spoiler'd for those afraid of dialogue:

What makes someone a "random" person...?

Only if you want to.

"Arguing" ALWAYS takes more than one person, after all.

As stated above, no it's not.

You will never change my mind

No doubt that's correct.

and i will never change yours

Not correct. If you present a point that I hadn't considered, that materially affects the discussion, you may, indeed, change my mind...which has certainly happened in the past and will certainly happen again.

But neither of those things is the point.

but we can argue till the sun goes down no winners just people with keyboards.

It isn't about "winning" or "not winning" anything. Anyone who is trying to "win" an "argument" is an egotist and should just be ignored.

I'll say it again, because it's crucial: it's about the people NOT arguing, that is, the people reading along.

I don't pretend to be able to change anyone's mind about anything. The vast majority of people, including myself at times, have their egos tied up in believing that what they think is truth. And, when someone comes along and challenges that, most people look at it as a personal affront to them, especially when it's done publicly.

If I say "that's not correct", most people hear/read "....and you're stupid for saying it, idjit." So, because of that, no, it's (almost) impossible to convince someone that what they're saying is inaccurate.

But there are always people watching and reading, and it is always THOSE people who I am speaking to, because those people aren't personally invested in "being right"...and are therefore much easier to persuade. That's the point.

What is the print run looking like on the 1 in 25 Vader 3 Larocca variant? Has to be high I would think.

Comichron reported a print run on #3 of 85,156

How many of that are the 1:25 is anyone's guess but rough estimate is 3,406

What is the print run looking like on the 1 in 25 Vader 3 Larocca variant? Has to be high I would think.

Where do you come up with that estimate...?

Are you aware that that's not what those numbers mean?

Where do you come up with that estimate...?

Are you aware that that's not what those numbers mean?

Yea I'm very well aware, I guess I should say very rough estimate instead of rough estimate. For every store that orders the threshold amount they can order as many as they want of the incentive. For every store that orders the threshold there are probably just as many if not more stores that don't order the threshold. There's no way to get an accurate print run of the incentive other than going store to store and asking them two questions. Did you meet the threshold. If yes, how many did you order.

The division of the total print by the threshold number is as speculative as you can get and obviously wrong.

Id think it was higher. When it came out I was able to get a variant or 2 at every store I stopped in that day. Its not a huge print run mind you, but it is a Marvel book and its Star Wars.

And really while its selling well only the variant is starting to move well. The regular issue is still $10-20 book. At one point I was selling regular issue $15 and variant $60 so the variant has seen about a 25% increase currently while the regular issue has just gotten back to its price when it came out.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Id think it was higher. When it came out I was able to get a variant or 2 at every store I stopped in that day. Its not a huge print run mind you, but it is a Marvel book and its Star Wars.

And really while its selling well only the variant is starting to move well. The regular issue is still $10-20 book. At one point I was selling regular issue $15 and variant $60 so the variant has seen about a 25% increase currently while the regular issue has just gotten back to its price when it came out.

And that book eventually ended up on a Diamond / Marvel 25 cent sale....

So higher than 3,406.

My guess:

Whatever case pack was rounded up.