• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

How is the Black Mask Studios title "BLACK" doing? I know there was a lot of pre-release hype, and it was released last week, so am not sure if it lived up to expectations and what the general marketplace feels about the title's sustainability.

Is it a short term play where people step in and flip it to step out based on the flash in the pan popularity, or does it look like it has legs to be truly investment quality for the long haul?

How is the Black Mask Studios title "BLACK" doing? I know there was a lot of pre-release hype, and it was released last week, so am not sure if it lived up to expectations and what the general marketplace feels about the title's sustainability.

Is it a short term play where people step in and flip it to step out based on the flash in the pan popularity, or does it look like it has legs to be truly investment quality for the long haul?

Quick flip because with Black Mask's track record there will probably be a dozen 2nd and 3rd print variants before another issue comes out

WOOOWZERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

???

Details about Wonder Woman DC Rebirth NYCC Gold Foil Variant NM

Saw that... Well, I'm now priced out of getting that book unless it cools down. Crazy, but I can see why people are clamoring for it.

Would be interesting to see one of those with Gal or Lynda's sig on it.

Edited by sd2416

Quick flip because with Black Mask's track record there will probably be a dozen 2nd and 3rd print variants before another issue comes out

Done with Black Mask myself, good stories and all, but the schedule is way to erratic to keep any sort of interest.

What is the print run looking like on the 1 in 25 Vader 3 Larocca variant? Has to be high I would think.

Comichron reported a print run on #3 of 85,156

How many of that are the 1:25 is anyone's guess but rough estimate is 3,406

Where do you come up with that estimate...?

Are you aware that that's not what those numbers mean?

Yea I'm very well aware, I guess I should say very rough estimate instead of rough estimate. For every store that orders the threshold amount they can order as many as they want of the incentive. For every store that orders the threshold there are probably just as many if not more stores that don't order the threshold. There's no way to get an accurate print run of the incentive other than going store to store and asking them two questions. Did you meet the threshold. If yes, how many did you order.

The division of the total print by the threshold number is as speculative as you can get and obviously wrong.

In Diamond's last 25 cent sale a month ago, I ordered 30 copies of Original Sin #1 1:25 variant and got all 30.

That's a 1:25 variant that's over a YEAR old that I was able to easily order 30 copies of.

Those 1 in 25 numbers mean nothing when it comes to print run. Marvel prints as many of those things as they choose to.

What is the print run looking like on the 1 in 25 Vader 3 Larocca variant? Has to be high I would think.

Yea I'm very well aware, I guess I should say very rough estimate instead of rough estimate. For every store that orders the threshold amount they can order as many as they want of the incentive. For every store that orders the threshold there are probably just as many if not more stores that don't order the threshold. There's no way to get an accurate print run of the incentive other than going store to store and asking them two questions. Did you meet the threshold. If yes, how many did you order.

The division of the total print by the threshold number is as speculative as you can get and obviously wrong.

In Diamond's last 25 cent sale a month ago, I ordered 30 copies of Original Sin #1 1:25 variant and got all 30.

That was fun. ;)

That's a 1:25 variant that's over a YEAR old that I was able to easily order 30 copies of.

Those 1 in 25 numbers mean nothing when it comes to print run. Marvel prints as many of those things as they choose to.

So what's the Chucky price now? hm:baiting:lol

Ok, this is getting RIDICULOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

doh!

:makepoint:

NYCC 2016 Exclusive Gold Foil Wonder Woman #1

Guess word got out it's a 150 print run. Can anyone confirm that?

edit. i see the first sale linked this afternoon said "given to less than 150" not indicating print run. could be a pump an dump i suppose

Edited by Couchy81

It really comes down to who is talking about these books. Many times it tells you all you need to know. Not pointing at Lon just using his post because I am too lazy to get the other one.

News that Quantum & Woody is in development for a television series (https://www.inverse.com/article/22125-quantum-and-woody-tv-series-valiant) has resulted in a few sales. Acclaim sales were pretty low, so there are probably no more than 15K copies (all variants combined) of their first appearance.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=quantum+%26+woody+1&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=10018&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&LH_Complete=1

Vengeance #1 Variant is a $75+ book. Character has been around. Just because a solo series is starting is a little ridiculous to pay that much. IMO.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=vengeance+1+variant&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.Xvengeance+1+variant+-moon.TRS0&_nkw=vengeance+1+variant+-moon&_sacat=0

News that Quantum & Woody is in development for a television series (https://www.inverse.com/article/22125-quantum-and-woody-tv-series-valiant) has resulted in a few sales. Acclaim sales were pretty low, so there are probably no more than 15K copies (all variants combined) of their first appearance.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=quantum+%26+woody+1&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=10018&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&LH_Complete=1

Nothing in the article you linked says Quantum & Woody is in development as a TV series. (shrug)

I hope people are not buying these because of Valiant pursuing making it a TV series. If that were the case, you would have a ton of comics that should be speculated on, since a lot are being pursued by the publishers to be TV series, movies, etc. Many, many more than actually make it into development, let alone production.

Cool books. Wrong reason to be buying IMHO.

Edited by rjrjr