• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

OK

book in the "moderns heating up" thread gets scrutinized.

why do so many people get confused, (or in past cases extremely butt hurt) in this thread, whenever an actual discussion occurs.

It is not the "books for cheerleading thread"

If the thread is called, "books that are heating up", then people should discuss whether or not a book is heating up or not.

When so many people post books which are clearly NOT heating up, but which they either want to heat up, or others have told them are going to heat up, they should not be surprised, or shocked, or offended, that people might actually question saying:

"are you sure thats heating up?"

"here are some sales that seem to point otherwise".

Ultimately, its either a dont ask dont tell thread, where people only cheerlead for books to go up up and away, or its a discussion thread about what is heating up, and that involves both sides of the discussion, for the books that are mentioned.

Lastly, i wasnt scrutinizing the book, though legitimately curious WHY it was brought up in this thread (where it clearly does not belong).

If you don't want to respond to my posts, don't.

Please don't edit my posts down to the point of using them as a launchpad for your next monologue.

Thanks in advance. :whatev:

Edited by bababooey

Thoughts on a forgot on variants that could heat up again...

Ms. Marvel 1 Turner variant. There was a sketch and color version.

It is a vol.2 first issue so not really a key is any sense.

Is a book like this a good buy at close to a bill?

Welcoming any and all opinions and suggestions on other books.

I know a little something but have made many "dumb" buys. Meaning I tend to pay a premium when something is already starting to buzz.

that is an odd book to bring up, I showed pictures of it a couple weeks ago in the Wild thread, what made you bring up this book?

I did not see it in the wild thread.

I have brought up this particular book because I do not usually spend over 50 bucks for a nice raw book.

I am a long time collector but new to the whole variant thing.

There are a few other issues I'm interested in...though this was the best example I can make.

I'm interested in people (with knowledge) honest views on this type of buy.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=9674685Post9674685

was my post where i referenced them, there are several on ebay, no one seems to care, but because of this thread, they all have a slew of watchers on them now.

What an age to live in....

any book, at any moment, can be jacked for any reason, and there are always people ready to pile on.

If you want to find something worth spending 100 bucks on in moderns, that isnt over valued, first and foremost dont talk about it here :)

Second, buy whatever other people have lost interest in. The variant pumpers seem to be continuing to push farther back in time to find hard to get things they can create interest in. Current variants are always over priced.

late 2013ish to early 2015is is probably the best area to target for good value vs rarity. Find ones that were never pumped by the cBSi herd, which are 1:100 or rarer of characters you like, and get it without the premium.

Very good points.

I also do not worry about this or any other book going up because I mentioned it...there's so much out there.

It's really only one example of something I have mild interest in and these opinions are more valuable to me than the book.

OK

why do so many people get confused, (or in past cases extremely butt hurt) in this thread, whenever an actual discussion occurs.

If the thread is called, "books that are heating up", then people should discuss whether or not a book is heating up or not.

When so many people post books which are clearly NOT heating up, but which they either want to heat up, or others have told them are going to heat up, they should not be surprised, or shocked, or offended, that people might actually question saying:

Ultimately, its either a dont ask dont tell thread, where people only cheerlead for books to go up up and away, or its a discussion thread about what is heating up, and that involves both sides of the discussion, for the books that are mentioned.

Lastly, i wasnt scrutinizing the book, though legitimately curious WHY it was brought up in this thread (where it clearly does not belong).

I wouldn't go as far as "it doesn't belong". It was a legit question considering what was being discussed at the moment.

I think people are confusing "the book" with the quest for "better understanding".

I don't care about the book. Like I said...there's lots out there to spend my hard earned money on lol.

This is still being talked about in this thread...obviously for there own reasons.

I asked for an opinion for my own reasons.

Nobodies right or wrong and it's obviously a hot book anyway seeing as how there all gone.

Edited by Juice Head

OK

Please don't edit my posts down to the point of using them as a launchpad for your next monologue.

Chopping someone's post up like that and then using to make some "insightful" observation is just plain lame .

Edited by ridersrohan

OK

Chopping someone's post up like that and then using to make some "insightful" observation is just plain lame .

As a clarification on internet rules: if someone makes multiple points in a post, how does someone responding know which points they're allowed to respond to?

All of this bickering is interfering with me finding $15 books in the dollar box or buying a mispriced $50 variant for $10. Not that I need to as I have 50 copies of superman 204, which is a raging hot $20 book (or should be).

OK

As a clarification on internet rules: if someone makes multiple points in a post, how does someone responding know which points they're allowed to respond to?

mYTHBUSTERS_zpsnbxa05fl.jpg

Thanks in advance.

i'll probably just do what I want, but feel free to respond to the point I made

We know.

329cf43355247e4b83afda67fb594b06e2ce335f17e937b5.jpg

CBT: "SPEC POLICE!!!! EVERYONE FREEZE YOUR SELLING! I 'm in charge here now"

Rest of the forum: "Speculation cops everyone!" "Aw man, not this Comic Book Trends guy again, hide your dope comics, especially ones mentioned on a site that cannot be named without giving them more free publicity, and facing a fine/jail from the Spec Police. This rookie is on a hair trigger too, someone might get hurt by him."

And I was going to share an actual book selling well on eBay, but I cannot seem to find the thread where that is allowed? Mods can you help me? I seem to be having trouble with this drek obstructing my flipping and or Pump/Dump capabilities.

All of this bickering is interfering with me finding $15 books in the dollar box or buying a mispriced $50 variant for $10. Not that I need to as I have 50 copies of superman 204, which is a raging hot $20 book (or should be).

Detective #850

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=1&_nkw=detective%20comics%20850&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

Detective #850

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=1&_nkw=detective%20comics%20850&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

:golfclap:

Thank you; had no idea.

Detective #850

Thank you; had no idea.

Its actually a good comic. I remember the storyline still, and haven't read it in years.

Detective #850

Thank you; had no idea.

Thanks. Not that I wouldn't have bought that out of a dollar box anyway. I can't fathom why it was ever selling for like $1.50 or whatever though. Seems like every Batman/Detective that could possibly pop a little does so at the first chance, and this has stuff going for it aside a movie announcement.