• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

Any bets on new TV show Johns is talking about? We could start a pool there are so many choices lol.

Any chance at Nightwing?

I thought it was the RAY? The freedom fighters

That's an animated series, like the Vixen show. Should be sometime in 2017.

Unfortunately, an animated series is a death-knell for a title, a serious setback to say the least. (shrug)

Sold out of Detective 850. For the life of me I don't get that book, but its got demand. Sold both copies in less then an hour of listing and neither were NM.

I sold 10 of them in the last week and a half, and I doubt there's any more copies within driving distance as I hit up every shop in that time.

Take the money and don't look back (thumbs u

Why would anyone buy 10 of anything??? :baiting:

Tec850 x10 / LCSa+LCSb+LCSc+LCSd =FIOS

translation: the 10 copies I got from 4 shops paid for my cable bill this month ;)

Except for the 10,000 other krappy books you bought over the years that amounted to nothing . . . :baiting:

And btw, you're being overcharged for cable. lol

Only other option in Philly is Comcast which controls basically the entire city. Yeah FIOS sucks but using them is more of a protest against Comcast. I'm about to get rid of it all and just watch netflix

I'd actually gladly welcome FIOS. I dunno about you but in my area, there's a duopoly of cable and slow DSL so cable pretty much has an effective monopoly for internet and they charge accordingly. Alas, the only option to get a different provider is to move.

I'd actually gladly welcome FIOS. I dunno about you but in my area, there's a duopoly of cable and slow DSL so cable pretty much has an effective monopoly for internet and they charge accordingly. Alas, the only option to get a different provider is to move.

Yep, 9 out of 10 people hate Comcast, and the tenth is dead . . . ;)

One might think that the FCC would actually realize this. :sumo:

Yep, 9 out of 10 people hate Comcast, and the tenth is dead . . . ;)

One might think that the FCC would actually realize this. :sumo:

Finally was able to rid of Comcast, switched over to Frontier.

Putting this here, because I didn't feel like scrolling through 10 pages or whatever to find the Preacher thread and this will reach the most people who would be interested in finding a copy...

CBLDF Defender #8 has a beautiful Preacher cover by Steve Dillion, and it's the last Preacher cover he did before he died. I'd say it's a keeper for sure!

I got one from a LCS for free, don't remember which one as they all use the same bags pretty much.

Ask around wherever you shop, the only copy that was listed and sold is here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-2017-Calendar-CBLDF-Defender-Issue-8-Preacher-Cover-Steve-Dillon-Avengers-/192064492964?hash=item2cb7ef95a4:g:GQkAAOSwnHZYU0Kg

Any bets on new TV show Johns is talking about? We could start a pool there are so many choices lol.

Any chance at Nightwing?

Unfortunately, an animated series is a death-knell for a title, a serious setback to say the least. (shrug)

Gave Vixen a nice bump.

Putting this here, because I didn't feel like scrolling through 10 pages or whatever to find the Preacher thread and this will reach the most people who would be interested in finding a copy...

CBLDF Defender #8 has a beautiful Preacher cover by Steve Dillion, and it's the last Preacher cover he did before he died. I'd say it's a keeper for sure!

I got one from a LCS for free, don't remember which one as they all use the same bags pretty much.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marvel-2017-Calendar-CBLDF-Defender-Issue-8-Preacher-Cover-Steve-Dillon-Avengers-/192064492964?hash=item2cb7ef95a4:g:GQkAAOSwnHZYU0Kg

Are you sure that's new? Is is possible it was a pinup or something?

I dunno if it is heating or remaining warm, but the uncharted mini, particularly when complete, continues to sell at a nice price, generally upwards of $50. The #1 on its own is not where it once was, probably because that's the issue they printed a few of, but putting together the set can be a PITA.

The same is true for ratchet & clank, if you have all 6 issues, despite the failure of the movie. (The sets sold decently before the movie was announced) individual issues sales are all over, nearly random.

Of course, I'm one issue short of being complete on both of these. Arggggg!

Edited by the blob

Are you sure that's new? Is is possible it was a pinup or something?

Positive it's new. Mentioned inside the issue along with a picture of the original line art, and it's dated 2016 under his signature

Any chance at Nightwing?

Gave Vixen a nice bump.

Nothing beyond her first app though.

Gave Vixen a nice bump.

Nothing beyond her first app though.

(shrug)

Same with all C-Z level characters.

And so shall it ever be....plan accordingly.

Don't know if this has been brought up, and I have to be honest that CBSI made me take note of this... always been a fan of this cover, but I never wanted to pay more than $10 for it. That changed today.

Batman & Robin Adventures #21 http://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics/63/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=batman+robin+adventures+21&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

2 sold today for around $70 raw... I remembered my LCS had one sitting for months at $20 ($16 after subscriber discount), so I went and grabbed it.

Edited by BishopT

I don't understand the sudden jump. makes zero sense.

Lemmings

Sometimes, a cover will pop in people's eyes when they see other people appreciating it. That's not necessarily being a lemming. I've had the crowd go for covers I still didn't care for, and I've seen covers through new eyes when I've heard other people appreciate it.

I don't understand the sudden jump. makes zero sense.

Lemmings

Sometimes, a cover will pop in people's eyes when they see other people appreciating it. That's not necessarily being a lemming. I've had the crowd go for covers I still didn't care for, and I've seen covers through new eyes when I've heard other people appreciate it.

I agree 100%. Others on here have disagreed on this point.

But, you are missing the point of the article in question and associated sales.

http://comicbookinvest.com/2017/01/05/batman-robin-adventures-21/