• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

1:100 Adams Joker cover, I'm surprised it's not going for more. First time I've seen it mentioned

1:10

It had a nice uptick about two years ago. I remember because I was looking for one for a show I was going to that Adams was at.

I'm inclined to think it's not even a ratio variant. MCS is very good about identifying and specifying ratio books, along with the required ordering ratios on their site and even they just call it a "limited variant".

-J.

They also don't have the 1:10 listed for #1.

SALVATION RUN #1 Standard Edition (SEP070153) is on Final Order Cutoff on Thursday, October 25. As a reminder, retailers may order one copy of the Variant Edition (SEP070154), featuring a cover by Joe Corroney, for every ten copies of the Standard Edition ordered.

FWIW, CBSI has it as a 1:25.

http://comicbookinvest.com/2015/03/13/hot-10-comics-7/

Either way, I put the likelihood of it being a "1:100" at a 0:0.

-J.

...and 1:10

http://comicbookinvest.com/2015/02/13/covers-unknown-salvation-run-7-110-variant-june-2008/

FWIW

lol , that'd be zero ;)(thumbs u

They are not an originator of information on comics.

Go with diamond's information, an original presser on its release, or one of the many comic database sites out there, when seeking accurate printing information.

Obviously publisher/diamond is primary source, those comic db's would/should qualify as secondary sources, large third-party guys like mycomicshop, comicspriceguide, comiccollectorlive etc would be the tertiary sources.

content aggregators and hobbyist/homebrew sites are bottom of the barrel for that kind of information and acquired "their" info from one of the primary, secondary or tertiary sources (the same as you can)

FWIW

lol , that'd be zero ;)(thumbs u

They are not an originator of information on comics.

Go with diamond's information, an original presser on its release, or one of the many comic database sites out there, when seeking accurate printing information.

Obviously publisher/diamond is primary source, those comic db's would/should qualify as secondary sources, large third-party guys like mycomicshop, comicspriceguide, comiccollectorlive etc would be the tertiary sources.

content aggregators and hobbyist/homebrew sites are bottom of the barrel for that kind of information and acquired "their" info from one of the primary, secondary or tertiary sources (the same as you can)

Where are any of these available to the public? As Jaydog mentioned, MCS is usually pretty accurate but I pointed out that they are not even accurate all the time.

Where are any of these available to the public? As Jaydog mentioned, MCS is usually pretty accurate but I pointed out that they are not even accurate all the time.

Primary tier from my list would require effort and googling, and isnt directly searchable. Second tier are all publicly available,

MCS is third tier, and definitely has mistakes. comicspriceguide is better for a third tier than MCS, and if you use the two together, its generally pretty accurate. Climb the chain if there is confusion.

between MCS, CPG, CCL, GCDB, CV, and the different wikia pages, you can certainly get a general consensus of the second and third tier.

If its still not decide, find the original solicitation if its a modern as this is. Last resort, email the publisher.

The point was, work with people that actual generate content, not an aggregator, or homebrew site, as THEY are just doing what YOU can do yourself, and looking at those other sources.

GCD has it 1:10

http://www.comics.org/issue/1142955/

Original Solicitation has it 1:10:

http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/news/dc_comics_may_2008_solicitations

"The unforgettable conclusion to the ultimate game of survival between the DCU’s villains! Who will live? Who will die? Will anybody make it home? Retailers please note: For every 10 copies of the Standard Edition ordered, featuring a cover by Chen & Wong, you may order 1 copy of the Variant Edition, with a cover by Neal Adams. Please see the Previews Order Form for more details."

and midtown priced it as a 1:10

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=968731

http://www.cbr.com/salvation-run-7-increases-in-size-to-40-pages/

JAN088283 is the Diamond code

"Also, please note that the SALVATION RUN #7 VARIANT COVER was left out of the Previews Order Form. Retailers may order the SALVATION RUN #7 VARIANT COVER under the new item code JAN088283. SALVATION RUN #7 (MAR080141) is solicited in the March Previews and is scheduled to arrive in stores on May 7."

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/dc-comics-direct-channel-874.169802/

That's with about 5 minutes of looking for a book I have never even heard of before. People should check these things themselves, certainly dont rely on the shill clowns to fact check things...

Speaking of

the "bump" it had a "couple years ago", looks like just a cBSi article triggered Herd rush on ebay a while back.

Edited by CBT

I usually don't even do good with auctions, but my 'Tec 850 has a lot of action right now. We talked about this a few pages back and I was just wanting to pass this along.

I think the cat is out of the bag on this already as well. Bought a copy off a site just a few days after it started hitting for cheap, get the response a couple of day later that the "item is out of stock". "I searched the warehouse yadda yadda". Threw it in with some other 'Tec books I wanted/needed, but alas, it is not coming to me..... :sumo:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262781136667?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

You're right. Its not funny that someone that pretends to be a comic market predictor hasn't heard about the Salvation 7 variant thats been hot for the last 12 months.

If you got past personal bias I'm sure you'd enjoy the boards a lot more.

(thumbs u

I found 2 of the Salvation Run variants a couple years ago for a few bucks each at a LCS sale, right about the time the book exploded and sold them immediately. I'm surprised that the 9.8 went for as little as it did earlier in the week

I found 2 of the Salvation Run variants a couple years ago for a few bucks each at a LCS sale, right about the time the book exploded and sold them immediately. I'm surprised that the 9.8 went for as little as it did earlier in the week

looks like the peak selling point was may - where a 9.8 sold for $400 USD.

I saw my first raw copy this week. I didn't ask a price because the seller usually wants above ebay so I didn't ask.

I rarely see that one for sale. You can find the reprints regularly, but not the 1st print.

I'd buy it all day long at a decent price.

Pulled a bunch of the later Darkhawk copies for dirt cheap. Definitely look 9.8. Glad to get the 50 for cheap and high grade. I've seen it a few times, but always has issues due to the black thick cover.

Patrick

This book still consistently pulls good value. Picked one up other day for first time.

Punisher Kills Marvel Universe

I never see the 1st print for cheap (or anywhere for that matter locally). I did snag a few copies of the reprint from a few years back, though. Does not command anything so I just sit on them.

I rarely see that one for sale. You can find the reprints regularly, but not the 1st print.

I'd buy it all day long at a decent price.

Pulled a bunch of the later Darkhawk copies for dirt cheap. Definitely look 9.8. Glad to get the 50 for cheap and high grade. I've seen it a few times, but always has issues due to the black thick cover.

Patrick

Yeah I can always find 49, but the 50 is never there.