• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,787 posts in this topic

So if the Siren's name doesn't matter then that makes their formation within the context of a story all that more important. Seems like a pretty good argument for Tec850 to me. (shrug)

You actually haven't read Tec 850, have you? :baiting:

So if the Siren's name doesn't matter then that makes their formation within the context of a story all that more important. Seems like a pretty good argument for Tec850 to me. (shrug)

I have read it.

So story doesn't matter? Is that what you are saying? (shrug)

The main argument against any other book other than GCS 1 as their 1st appearance is in GCS 1 when Catwoman says exactly this to Ivy and Harley:

"You know, the THREE of us have been living on the edge way too long. When we're not running from the police, we're fending off some costumed whack-job. Gotham is worse than ever. That gives us a choice -- we can get out, or BAND TOGETHER."

Now think about this: if they were an actual team at any point before GCS 1, then why would Catwoman suggest they band together (as a team) again if they already were a team? Makes no sense. Not to mention the story arc of issue is called "Union."

I have read it.

No story does matter, you are absolutely correct there, I will say Tec 850 is an important Sirens key book that does lead in to GCS but it's not their 1st appearance. We should be focusing on the plot line of the Sirens movie as that is where other specs lie.

I have read it.

No story does matter, you are absolutely correct there, I will say Tec 850 is an important Sirens key book that does lead in to GCS but it's not their 1st appearance. We should be focusing on the plot line of the Sirens movie as that is where other specs lie.

Exactly !!!

Finally someone says something reasonable. :golfclap:

I have read it.

I 100% Agree with Ween because I have read the whole arc, and there would be NO Sirens series without what happened in Detective Comics first.

Tec 850 is Cameo + Origin of Sirens and the only reason why these specific people are against it, is because CBSI broke the spec, and these guys all missed the opportunity to pick up copies/or are just continuing their stupid witch hunt against a spec site that does better than any other when it comes to finger on the market pulse.

I've asked everyone of these loudmouth trolls for their ebay names, and they all refused because they are likely hiding something. They were PM'd to discuss, and they replied with rhetoric that cannot be backed up (as usual) and left the conversations.

hm

Really grasping at straws with this and Tec 850. Just because the word "team" is in there doesn't mean they are the Gotham City Sirens. They have had many "team-ups" over the years, never called Gotham City Sirens until.........wait for it........Gotham City Sirens # 1 August 2009. Call them whatever you want before that book, they are not officially named as Gotham City Sirens until......again, wait for it.....Gotham City Sirens # 1. Just because they "team-up" here doesn't mean that they are officially named Gotham City Sirens. Everyone is trying to find something cheap to buy into because GCS #1 has blown up, followed by the shill claim of Tec 850. So it's on to the next one to hype up.

Not grasping at straws here. Brave and the Bold 54 is the first Teen Titans. This despite the fact that the team is not named in the title of the book nor anywhere in the text. The team is also without one of their founding members, Wonder Girl, in Brave and the Bold 54. Look up the prices on that book for me one time.

BA 12 - The Sirens aren't on the cover and do not function as a team in the book. They fight with each other in the book. Outside of being the 1st Harley, it's not the first appearance of anything.

Harley Quinn 3 - The trio is playing grab on the cover. Who cares? They are not named Gotham City Sirens in the book and do not team up. In fact they specifically state they are not a team. Also the story is about a meeting of numerous female characters, not just the trio of Sirens.

Catwoman 89 - First appearance of the trio as a team. Each member is introduced, nobody else. They specifically mention that they are a team and appear in more than one panel together as a team. None of the other books in contention can claim that.

Tec 850 - Sirens not named. Sirens not on cover. Sirens do not appear together in same panel. Additional characters, like Oracle (not a Siren), are involved the scheme against Hush. This book gives a little back story to the Sirens current situation that is explored in Gotham City Sirens 1, that's it.

This isn't the Avengers or Justice League, the Sirens is not some official team name with membership applications and dues. Harley, Ivy, and Catwoman are informally known as the Sirens. Nobody in the entire Sirens run refers to the team as the Sirens, nor do the team members use that label for themselves.

They have had many "team-ups" over the years, never called Gotham City Sirens until.........wait for it........Gotham City Sirens # 1 August 2009.

Actually this is not true. The three of them have come together very rarely over the years in a team-up. 2 of them appearing is not the same. Appearing as adversaries is also not the same thing.

Robin, Kid Flash, and Aqualad don't form a team in Brave and Bold 54. They fight on the same side, then part ways, just as heroes did every month in that comic.

Robin, Kid Flash, and Aqualad don't form a team in Brave and Bold 54. They fight on the same side, then part ways, just as heroes did every month in that comic.

In 60 however, they are called the Teen Titans as a group right on the first page. Doesn't happen in GCS.

I have read it.

I 100% Agree with Ween because I have read the whole arc, and there would be NO Sirens series without what happened in Detective Comics first.

Tec 850 is Cameo + Origin of Sirens and the only reason why these specific people are against it, is because CBSI broke the spec, and these guys all missed the opportunity to pick up copies/or are just continuing their stupid witch hunt against a spec site that does better than any other when it comes to finger on the market pulse.

I've asked everyone of these loudmouth trolls for their ebay names, and they all refused because they are likely hiding something. They were PM'd to discuss, and they replied with rhetoric that cannot be backed up (as usual) and left the conversations.

hm

I am not surprised.

In 60 however, they are called the Teen Titans as a group right on the first page. Doesn't happen in GCS.

And in 60, Robin establishes that they formed the team after the events of BB54.

The main argument against any other book other than GCS 1 as their 1st appearance is in GCS 1 when Catwoman says exactly this to Ivy and Harley:

"You know, the THREE of us have been living on the edge way too long. When we're not running from the police, we're fending off some costumed whack-job. Gotham is worse than ever. That gives us a choice -- we can get out, or BAND TOGETHER."

Now think about this: if they were an actual team at any point before GCS 1, then why would Catwoman suggest they band together (as a team) again if they already were a team? Makes no sense. Not to mention the story arc of issue is called "Union."

Uh They are a team...

GCS doesn't get made by DC without the events that occur at the end of Tec850.

By the way, how are they not a team or a "union" when they steal Hush's money as a team?

This page is narrated by Catwoman as she describes herself, Holly, Harley and Ivy all working to acquire Hush's vast fortune under her direction. If that's not a team what is?

GCS 1 picks up where this narrative leaves off.

page_44_zpsx3tsmhak.jpg

How are they not a team here. And before I hear thoughts about Oracle, Holly or Slam, if you read the page Slam acts on his own, independent of the team, Holly quits after this if I remember correctly from GCS 1 and Oracle simply aids Catwoman at the start of her plan and is not actually part of the team members who are directed by Catwoman.

Also we need to remember that the film will probably take liberties with all the source material, we don't know who will be in the film or on the team outside of Harley, Catwoman and Ivy. But what is important is that this page is the formation of the team which is expanded upon later in the series.

Oh and Tec850 is written b y Dini, same guy who wrote GCS. This book is the origin of and first appearance of the Sirens as written by the Sirens creator. The only thing missing is the name Sirens which they don't even use in issue 1 of the series.

This book is the origin of the Sirens and was overlooked by everyone except CBSI. Many here dislike their success and friendly forums so they try to discredit their work and make false accusations about it's friends and partners.

I don't care if the haters here give them credit when it's due but we all seem to love comics. Because of that the posters here who dislike CBSI should put that hate aside and simply READ THE COMIC and then be honest about it's narrative and importance.

Edited by MrWeen

Did you just change your stance on Tec? Before you were arguing for first appearance of GCS, now that UltraMaximus is calling it a cameo and origin, like others in the thread have also said, you are okay with GCS#1 being true first appearance right?

I have read it.

hm

Catwoman 89 gives there strengths and announces them as a team ! In 2001 ! This is where the Idea of them as a team came from FIRST! All of the Ebay listings and the general pump on this book is incorrect and dishonest ! Your wrong as well, the story does not matter in this case what matters is there first appearance as a team ! keep on keeping on autobot !

Here is your Ebay listing:

DETECTIVE COMICS #850 NEAR MINT+ NM+ 1ST APPEARANCE OF THE GOTHAM CITY SIRENS

$40.00

Buy It Now

SOLD ON A LIE ! SOLD ON BAD INFORMATION ! PUMPED AND CHUMPED BY A ROBOT !

I am not talking about CBSI I am talking about YOU !

What if you sold this to some old lady on her last dime that wanted to buy little Joey a Christmas gift !

Shame ! fortunately and most likely is was just another half fast flipper that purchased it !

Edited by paul747

I have read it.

hm

Catwoman 89 gives there strengths and announces them as a team ! In 2001 ! This is where the Idea of them as a team came from FIRST! All of the Ebay listings and the general pump on this book is incorrect and dishonest ! Your wrong as well, the story does not matter in this case what matters is there first appearance as a team ! keep on keeping on autobot !

$40.00

Buy It Now

:gossip: If you're talking about a pump and dump, you might want to look at where the Catwoman 89 originated from.

I have read it.

hm

$40.00

Buy It Now

:gossip: If you're talking about a pump and dump, you might want to look at where the Catwoman 89 originated from.

Not the point ! my point is the lies on EBAY ! and Catwoman 89 is more legit by a mile ! who ever's spec that was they got it right ! Spec is fine if its close to right ! Edited by paul747

I have read it.

hm

$40.00

Buy It Now

Not the point ! my point is the lies on EBAY ! and Catwoman 89 is more legit by a mile ! who ever's spec that was they got it right ! Spec is fine if its close to right !

That's your opinion, but to pump and dump is OK. Got it.

I have read it.

hm

$40.00

Buy It Now

Not the point ! my point is the lies on EBAY ! and Catwoman 89 is more legit by a mile ! who ever's spec that was they got it right ! Spec is fine if its close to right !

That's your opinion, but to pump and dump is OK. Got it.

Not on lies , No I dont got it ! i think its BS

I have read it.

hm

If we asked Dini he would sort this all out real fast and I have a feeling his idea for Sirens had nothing to do with Catwoman 89.

Edited by MrWeen

You know I visit this thread and you can address me directly, right?

Perhaps you could point out where I used a false narrative and empty, vague reasoning to sell copies of Catwoman 89.

Perhaps you could point out where I cleared out eBay of copies of Catwoman 89 prior to mentioning it, in order to give evidence of its rarity, low print run, and heating up status.

But I did none of those things, because it isn't necessary if the book actually has any merit. Am I currently selling copies of Catwoman 89? Of course I am.

But that is the result of me doing my own research (which you at CBSI always tell your readers to do after screwing up your spec picks that go south) after the interest in Tec 850. Because you know the market usually chases multiple books in regards to 1st appearances.

RCO014_1462009114.jpg

If you can somehow explain to me how a book that features this page cannot be construed as a first appearance then your cries of pump and dump may have some legitimacy to them.

Discussing a book and then selling a book on those merits is not the same thing as pumping and dumping. I know the distinction has been made clear to you many times, but time is a flat circle and here we are again.

Is there any doubt that if I posted the Catwoman 89 panels anonymously on CBSI first that the post would get its own article on comicbookinvest, a place in the top 10 list, and be reposted here by your members to get the hype train rolling?