• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

It's been awhile but did they not also team up in Hush, 2002 (Bats 608)?

And all three are actually on that cover (at least the RRP).

-J.

For issue #619 Catwoman was on the heroes cover so she's missing on the villains cover.

We do have these though (with Huntress);

1203A1DD-6FE4-4F2D-A340-CF80726E041D.jpg

91884628-D8BB-4706-906A-AF313D841B4E.png

Looks like Trey and Topher totally screwed up on Detective Comics #850. Haha!

Trey and the cBSi followers were practically on their knees in front of Topher over TEC850. Trey even claimed it was one of the "specs of the year"! Haha!

When are people going to learn and stop listening to them? This is yet another example of them pumping and dumping a $1-3 book in order to create buzz, cash out and then ultimately ignore how they were dead, dead wrong.

I strongly believe they do more harm than good for the market.

Don't know what you are talking about.... you don't sell comics? seriously tired of trolls on this thread...

First off, I'm not trolling whatsoever.

What exactly do you mean when you say you don't know what I'm talking about? It's pretty simple. They literally pumped up Detective Comics #850 as the 1st appearance of Gotham City Sirens. Before Topher posted a thread on CBSI, it was easily found online and ebay for $1-3 a copy. Then he and Trey pumped it up around the clock for days on end, it vanished from ebay and now sells for $30+ a copy based on a false labeling of 1st appearance of Gotham City Sirens, a label they single-handedly created. Trey even said on their board, as well as the podcast, that this was one of the specs of the year.

Well here we are now finding out there are at least 2 other books that are absolutely before TEC850 with the Gotham City Sirens together.

Oh, and what does me selling or not selling books have to do with anything I posted?

You sir are a grade A insufficiently_thoughtful_person. The post for tec 850 was made well before Trey's post about the so called " spec of the year" and it was one post in a G+ group. Trey posted about it some time after. If you are claiming that he pump and dumped 850 you better have some proof sir. Also show me where they pumped it around the clock.

The reason it's the first appearance is pretty clear. The money stolen from Hush leads right into issue 1 of Sirens. Any other appearance by the three might be cool to own but has nothing to do with the Sirens.. I dare anyone here to find a single book where the narrative from GCS is in a book that predates issue 1 of GCS. Unless you can do that I would say Tec 850 is the winner.

Edited by MrWeen

When a speculation site pushes the wrong book do you think they feel bad? Do they even do research to make sure they got it right before their followers spend money on the recommendations?

For years all I have heard about around here is how important story is concerning a first appearance. Well where are the CGC forum stalwarts when a book like tec850 shows up to defend such an argument? If story is sooooo important for a book to be considered a first then please explain to me why tec850 is NOT the GCS first appearance.

People here are confusing the appearance of the three chicks in a book or on a cover for the first appearance of them AS the Sirens. Again the money Catwoman stole from hush is essential to the formation of the team. Am I wrong? Please I am waiting for a valid argument against.

Edited by MrWeen

Trey and the cBSi followers were practically on their knees in front of Topher over TEC850. Trey even claimed it was one of the "specs of the year"! Haha!

When are people going to learn and stop listening to them? This is yet another example of them pumping and dumping a $1-3 book in order to create buzz, cash out and then ultimately ignore how they were dead, dead wrong.

Don't know what you are talking about.... you don't sell comics? seriously tired of trolls on this thread...

What exactly do you mean when you say you don't know what I'm talking about? It's pretty simple. They literally pumped up Detective Comics #850 as the 1st appearance of Gotham City Sirens. Before Topher posted a thread on CBSI, it was easily found online and ebay for $1-3 a copy. Then he and Trey pumped it up around the clock for days on end, it vanished from ebay and now sells for $30+ a copy based on a false labeling of 1st appearance of Gotham City Sirens, a label they single-handedly created. Trey even said on their board, as well as the podcast, that this was one of the specs of the year.

Well here we are now finding out there are at least 2 other books that are absolutely before TEC850 with the Gotham City Sirens together.

Oh, and what does me selling or not selling books have to do with anything I posted?

You sir are a grade A insufficiently_thoughtful_person. The post for tec 850 was made well before Trey's post about the so called " spec of the year" and it was one post in a G+ group. Trey posted about it some time after. If you are claiming that he pump and dumped 850 you better have some proof sir. Also show me where they pumped it around the clock.

The reason it's the first appearance is pretty clear. The money stolen from Hush leads right into issue 1 of Sirens. Any other appearance by the three might be cool to own but has nothing to do with the Sirens.. I dare anyone here to find a single book where the narrative from GCS is in a book that predates issue 1 of GCS. Unless you can do that I would say Tec 850 is the winner.

So then my memory did serve me correct, and Bats 608 (RRP) would "technically" be their first appearance as a "team working together" as well as their first cover appearance in that capacity.

Perhaps just officially "team named" at a later time. (shrug)

-J.

Topher made the post about TEC850 on December 14th. Trey ABSOLUTELY talked about Topher's pick of TEC850 as one of the specs of the year on his podcast.

It's really simple. The first time all 3 are seen together in a comic book is Batman Adventures 12. The first time all 3 are shown together on a cover is Harley Quinn volume 1 #3. The first time all 3 are together as the Sirens (and named the Sirens on the cover) is Gotham City Sirens #1.

So the true 1st appearance of Harley, Ivy and Catwoman as the Sirens is Gotham City Sirens #1.

Edited by RawKing

You should sell that before people realize that Catwoman #89 is the first appearance of the gotham city sirens.

From the 91 series?

yep

RCO002_1462009114.jpg

RCO006_1462009114.jpg

RCO007_1462009114.jpg

RCO008_1462009114.jpg

RCO010_1462009114.jpg

RCO014_1462009114.jpg

Really grasping at straws with this and Tec 850. Just because the word "team" is in there doesn't mean they are the Gotham City Sirens. They have had many "team-ups" over the years, never called Gotham City Sirens until.........wait for it........Gotham City Sirens # 1 August 2009. Call them whatever you want before that book, they are not officially named as Gotham City Sirens until......again, wait for it.....Gotham City Sirens # 1. Just because they "team-up" here doesn't mean that they are officially named Gotham City Sirens. Everyone is trying to find something cheap to buy into because GCS #1 has blown up, followed by the shill claim of Tec 850. So it's on to the next one to hype up.

Edit- I actually have NONE of any of these books and don't plan to buy in on any unless I find GCS # 1 in a back issue box for cover or for less than $10.

Edited by BigNoidtheDroid

Topher made the post about TEC850 on December 14th. Trey ABSOLUTELY talked about Topher's pick of TEC850 as one of the specs of the year on his podcast.

It's really simple. The first time all 3 are seen together in a comic book is Batman Adventures 12. The first time all 3 are shown together on a cover is Harley Quinn volume 1 #3. The first time all 3 are together as the Sirens (and named the Sirens on the cover) is Gotham City Sirens #1.

So the true 1st appearance of Harley, Ivy and Catwoman as the Sirens is Gotham City Sirens #1.

Put any problem you have with CBSI aside and explain to me how the narrative is not important. 850 leads directly into GCS 1. This is all I am asking.

If seeing the Sirens name in print on a cover is all you need, I have a book that predates issue 1 of Sirens. But Tec850 predates them both.

And don't forget to show some proof as to how they pumped it around the clock. I think you are also confused as to what Pump and Dump means. They would have to be selling these books after all this so called " around the clock " pushing of the book. Can you prove that they do that?

Again please explain to me how the narrative from tec850 does not constitute their first as the Sirens.

Edited by MrWeen

You should sell that before people realize that Catwoman #89 is the first appearance of the gotham city sirens.

From the 91 series?

yep

RCO002_1462009114.jpg

RCO006_1462009114.jpg

RCO007_1462009114.jpg

RCO008_1462009114.jpg

RCO010_1462009114.jpg

RCO014_1462009114.jpg

Really grasping at straws with this and Tec 850. Just because the word "team" is in there doesn't mean they are the Gotham City Sirens. They have had many "team-ups" over the years, never called Gotham City Sirens until.........wait for it........Gotham City Sirens # 1 August 2009. Call them whatever you want before that book, they are not officially named as Gotham City Sirens until......again, wait for it.....Gotham City Sirens # 1. Just because they "team-up" here doesn't mean that they are officially named Gotham City Sirens. Everyone is trying to find something cheap to buy into because GCS #1 has blown up, followed by the shill claim of Tec 850. So it's on to the next one to hype up.

Edit- I actually have NONE of any of these books and don't plan to buy in on any unless I find GCS # 1 in a back issue box for cover or for less than $10.

Story, story story. Please explain to me how the disbursement of Hush's money is NOT important or a first. Without the Hush money there's no Sirens.

Also they are never named the Sirens in issue one of the series. No character in that book uses the name Sirens. It's the story that's important right?

Edited by MrWeen

Put any problem you have with CBSI aside and explain to me how the narrative is not important. 850 leads directly into GCS 1. This is all I am asking.

If seeing the Sirens name in print on a cover is all you need, I have a book that predates issue 1 of Sirens. But Tec850 predates them both.

And don't forget to show some proof as to how they pumped it around the clock. I think you are also confused as to what Pump and Dump means. They would have to be selling these books after all this so called " around the clock " pushing of the book. Can you prove that they do that?

Again please explain to me how the narrative from tec850 does not constitute their first as the Sirens.

I don't have any issues with cbsi or the people there, and by the way you are coming at me and defending misinformation spread by Topher and their podcast, then I can only assume you are an admin at cbsi or a close friend to an admin there.

If you continue to say Detective Comics 850 is the 1st appearance of the Sirens, you and anyone on their/your board is deliberately spreading bunk information and people should all be speaking up.

Edited by RawKing

And ASM 252 is the 1st appearance of the Venom symbiote but it is not called that until 4 years later. It is referred to as the black suit all the way until it merges with Brock (take your pick of #299, #300), then it is officially known as the Venom symbiote even when it leaves Brock as has been the case since it first left. Besides all its hosts after it left Brock being called Venom, we can look at all the variant covers of the symbiote merged with all different types of heroes and villains- they are all referred to as "the Venom Variant," not "the Black Suit Variant," or whatever character it has been merged with on the cover.

Im shocked people (not you personally, I mean in general) even take debates of this type of stuff this far as a 1st named appearance in print has always GENERALLY been regarded as THE GENERALLY accepted 1st appearance for the last 2-3 decades at least. More so after CGC came to the scene. Of course their are exceptions but they are few and far between with no rhyme or reason. It isn't clarified until an official announcement from the publisher or an accepted authority like CGC and other grading companies. Just like the case of Invincible Iron Man # 7 & 9 until Marvel labled the 3rd print with a blurb on the cover of 7 with "Featuring the First Appearance of Riri Williams."

The infinity stones were around before the Infinity Gauntlet but weren't named the Infinity Gauntlet until all were collected and put on Thanos glove which he always had. Just wasn't THE Infinity Gauntlet until named in print after stones were mounted by Thanos.

Next thing you know, people will be claiming the 1st time Ben Reilly, Kaine, and Peter Parker "team-up" back in the late 90s will be the 1st app of the Web Warriors