• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

Nice pivot, not biting. You do realize I have been also been debating HQ3 and CW89 here with the others against the TEC850 the whole time, right? Maybe go back and read what I've been saying from the jump. Thanks for trying though.

So you just admitting that since you missed the GOOD spec, you decided to pump other unrelated books without reading the story of how the Sirens form? L oh L.

Someone comes on here, pumps up their opinion and then lists them at inflated prices online. That's a pump and dump.

Asked and answered. Read the previous post I wrote in response to your inaccurate assessment. Or just take the loss again and pretend it never happened.

Uh They are a team...

GCS doesn't get made by DC without the events that occur at the end of Tec850.

By the way, how are they not a team or a "union" when they steal Hush's money as a team?

This page is narrated by Catwoman as she describes herself, Holly, Harley and Ivy all working to acquire Hush's vast fortune under her direction. If that's not a team what is?

A group with long-term organization.

GCS 1 picks up where this narrative leaves off.

I'm not sure this is accurate, even ignoring the many months between 'Tec 850 and GCS 1.

page_44_zpsx3tsmhak.jpg

How are they not a team here.

"My first step was calling in favors from old friends." Maybe a team-up, certainly not a team.

And before I hear thoughts about Oracle, Holly or Slam, if you read the page Slam acts on his own, independent of the team,

You don't think there's any implication there about how Slam heard about what happened?

Holly quits after this if I remember correctly from GCS 1 and Oracle simply aids Catwoman at the start of her plan and is not actually part of the team members who are directed by Catwoman.

They all "simply aid Catwoman" using their specific abilities.

Also we need to remember that the film will probably take liberties with all the source material, we don't know who will be in the film or on the team outside of Harley, Catwoman and Ivy. But what is important is that this page is the formation of the team which is expanded upon later in the series.

Oh and Tec850 is written b y Dini, same guy who wrote GCS. This book is the origin of and first appearance of the Sirens as written by the Sirens creator. The only thing missing is the name Sirens which they don't even use in issue 1 of the series.

This book is the origin of the Sirens and was overlooked by everyone except CBSI. Many here dislike their success and friendly forums so they try to discredit their work and make false accusations about it's friends and partners.

I don't care if the haters here give them credit when it's due but we all seem to love comics. Because of that the posters here who dislike CBSI should put that hate aside and simply READ THE COMIC and then be honest about it's narrative and importance.

Yes, people should read comics rather than speculating on unconnected BS.

Thanks for pointing out Dini, yup he wrote GCS 1 too. Now think about that.Again. Think about who is making Catwoman speak. Dini. So up until that point in current continuity, Dini is saying that "team-ups" before that weren't officially as a team. Other wise he would not have her make the suggestion to band together , IF they were already a team before that point in time. That is all you need.

Why are the cbsi shills so hell-bent on making people believe TEC850 is the 1st appearance of the Sirens? Give it up and just accept you are wrong. It's okay, people make mistakes. Own up to it instead of trying to spread more misinformation/disinformation.

Gotham City Sirens #1 is the 1st appearance of the Sirens. Detective Comics #850 is a lead in story; nothing more. Dini wrote both stories and chose to have Catwoman officially bring up the idea of the 3 of them banding together in a story called "Union" in Gotham City Sirens #1. So there is no "team", "union", etc, in Detective Comics #850. So that means no cameo either. You cannot have a cameo of something that has not even been brought up or discussed until Gotham City Sirens #1.

Get it through your thick skulls. Come on now. This isn't about hating on cbsi. It's about getting the right information out there and putting an end to those who get a kick out of spreading bogus info for any number of reasons.

Can I get a list of the cbsi shills?

Thanks so much

Why don't you comment on the fact that GCS1 is the 1st appearance of the Sirens and TEC850 is nothing more than a lead in story? Or comment on the fact that Dini wrote both stories and chose for Catwoman to make the statement that the 3 of them should band together as a team in a story titled "Union" in Gotham City Sirens #1?

Try commenting on those 2 facts instead of deflecting/trolling, Alex.

Anyhoo, I know this was last month, but this seems like a really strong price on a book I would have thought was bagged and boarded as Bolland was popular...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WONDER-WOMAN-63-CGC-9-8-WP-SCARCE-IN-HIGH-GRADE-BOLLAND-1st-COVER-COMIC-KINGS-/162279858440?hash=item25c8a22108:g:RnAAAOSw5cNYKQr-

Sure, the listing says "scarce" in HG (i think there are 9 9.8s), but looking at some of the other bolland covers, there are fewer and only 12 72s, which is expensive too. I find it surprising that there aren't more of these in super nice shape? Are early 90s DC prone to some minor damage?

I am taking it to CGC

Since when are they the authority? They often get it wrong!

In other news....

Someone got a good deal!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GAMORA-2-1-25-VARIANT-COVER-BY-FRANCESCO-MATTINA-/201781264458?hash=item2efb19c04a:g:UPoAAOSwEzxYdsVq

Yeah, since when are they The Authority ? Why I oughta....

Anyhoo, I know this was last month, but this seems like a really strong price on a book I would have thought was bagged and boarded as Bolland was popular...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WONDER-WOMAN-63-CGC-9-8-WP-SCARCE-IN-HIGH-GRADE-BOLLAND-1st-COVER-COMIC-KINGS-/162279858440?hash=item25c8a22108:g:RnAAAOSw5cNYKQr-

Sure, the listing says "scarce" in HG (i think there are 9 9.8s), but looking at some of the other bolland covers, there are fewer and only 12 72s, which is expensive too. I find it surprising that there aren't more of these in super nice shape? Are early 90s DC prone to some minor damage?

(shrug)

Thats a nice price for the book. I would've thought they were plentiful but it must not be the case.

Whichever one has a Dell'Otto cover is the 1st appearance.

:whee:

You forget limited. Let's get the whole place stirred up ! :banana:

:jokealert:

Will they be polybagged and cherry picked for certain 9.8 guaranteed groups too?

Why are the cbsi shills so hell-bent on making people believe TEC850 is the 1st appearance of the Sirens? Give it up and just accept you are wrong. It's okay, people make mistakes. Own up to it instead of trying to spread more misinformation/disinformation.

Gotham City Sirens #1 is the 1st appearance of the Sirens. Detective Comics #850 is a lead in story; nothing more. Dini wrote both stories and chose to have Catwoman officially bring up the idea of the 3 of them banding together in a story called "Union" in Gotham City Sirens #1. So there is no "team", "union", etc, in Detective Comics #850. So that means no cameo either. You cannot have a cameo of something that has not even been brought up or discussed until Gotham City Sirens #1.

Get it through your thick skulls. Come on now. This isn't about hating on cbsi. It's about getting the right information out there and putting an end to those who get a kick out of spreading bogus info for any number of reasons.

Man, you ARE a hothead, aren't you . . . :insane:lol

Uh They are a team...

GCS doesn't get made by DC without the events that occur at the end of Tec850.

By the way, how are they not a team or a "union" when they steal Hush's money as a team?

This page is narrated by Catwoman as she describes herself, Holly, Harley and Ivy all working to acquire Hush's vast fortune under her direction. If that's not a team what is?

A group with long-term organization.

GCS 1 picks up where this narrative leaves off.

I'm not sure this is accurate, even ignoring the many months between 'Tec 850 and GCS 1.

page_44_zpsx3tsmhak.jpg

How are they not a team here.

"My first step was calling in favors from old friends." Maybe a team-up, certainly not a team.

And before I hear thoughts about Oracle, Holly or Slam, if you read the page Slam acts on his own, independent of the team,

You don't think there's any implication there about how Slam heard about what happened?

Holly quits after this if I remember correctly from GCS 1 and Oracle simply aids Catwoman at the start of her plan and is not actually part of the team members who are directed by Catwoman.

They all "simply aid Catwoman" using their specific abilities.

Also we need to remember that the film will probably take liberties with all the source material, we don't know who will be in the film or on the team outside of Harley, Catwoman and Ivy. But what is important is that this page is the formation of the team which is expanded upon later in the series.

Oh and Tec850 is written b y Dini, same guy who wrote GCS. This book is the origin of and first appearance of the Sirens as written by the Sirens creator. The only thing missing is the name Sirens which they don't even use in issue 1 of the series.

This book is the origin of the Sirens and was overlooked by everyone except CBSI. Many here dislike their success and friendly forums so they try to discredit their work and make false accusations about it's friends and partners.

I don't care if the haters here give them credit when it's due but we all seem to love comics. Because of that the posters here who dislike CBSI should put that hate aside and simply READ THE COMIC and then be honest about it's narrative and importance.

Yes, people should read comics rather than speculating on unconnected BS.

" unconnected BS" -Really. Are you sure you want to stand by that statement?

the money directly connects the two issues and while there was some time that occurred between the two comics it actually feels like the time between the release of tec850 and GCS 1, a few months.

A team-up but not a team? WTF are you talking about, They take their cues directly from Catwoman, including a " hands on " approach meaning Catwoman aids Harley in the theft.

I think you just like arguing for the sake of it. Claiming that it's unconnected BS is pretty weak. They are obviously connected no matter what spin you try to put on it.

Look, if it was written by someone other than the damn creator of the Sirens I would still disagree but there would be less of an argument from me.

What do YOU think Dini would say? After all he wrote both comics.

(shrug)

Thats a nice price for the book. I would've thought they were plentiful but it must not be the case.

I pick up Bolland WW's any time I see them in nice shape, which isn't very often anymore. 5-10 years ago you could still scoop them out of 50 cent and dollar bins, but these days not so much.

But of the many I've dug up, this is the one (along with 72) that I almost never find. I don't think WW was exactly a blockbuster title at the time, although that is admittedly just my personal anecdotal remembrance, and definitely not based on any real numbers. The hardcore WW and Bolland people got theirs years ago, and have held onto them. Since then, the run has gained in popularity, and people are picking them up more and more. Same goes for the AH run. See them, buy them. Your going to be finding them less and less.

(shrug)

I pick up Bolland WW's any time I see them in nice shape, which isn't very often anymore. 5-10 years ago you could still scoop them out of 50 cent and dollar bins, but these days not so much.

But of the many I've dug up, this is the one (along with 72) that I almost never find. I don't think WW was exactly a blockbuster title at the time, although that is admittedly just my personal anecdotal remembrance, and definitely not based on any real numbers. The hardcore WW and Bolland people got theirs years ago, and have held onto them. Since then, the run has gained in popularity, and people are picking them up more and more. Same goes for the AH run. See them, buy them. Your going to be finding them less and less.

I'd go so far as to say any Bolland cover is worth picking up - love 'em! (thumbs u

(shrug)

I agree the Bolland and AH covers seem to be getting hard to find. I don't run across them to often. I found a 63 buried in a cheap lot on eBay last summer. It was a nice find until I looked at the back cover with almost a page long cover crease, argh. So maybe there is some truth to ithe Bolland issues that there may not be a lot of high grade copies around. To much floating around in dollar bins for almost 30 years. I also don't see Bolland Shadow of The Bat covers very often either.

Nice pivot, not biting. You do realize I have been also been debating HQ3 and CW89 here with the others against the TEC850 the whole time, right? Maybe go back and read what I've been saying from the jump. Thanks for trying though.

So you just admitting that since you missed the GOOD spec, you decided to pump other unrelated books without reading the story of how the Sirens form? L oh L.

What are you talking about? You make no sense. Always trying to pivot to completely unrelated claims about other non-topic doo doo. I have been AGAINST CW89 AND CGS 1 AS WELL from the jump of this conversation. Go back and look. Damn, I bet you're annoying at parties and always blowing peoples buzzs by just generally being THAT dude. Now I know where CBT was coming from with you you fly out to left field all the time during debate conversation and no one knows what you are talking about.

What other books am I even talking about? I argued against all the other books prior to GCS. 1. Im for GCS 1....I don't own a copy of it, not a copy of CW89, not a copy of HQ3. Again keep trying and pivoting when you fail. I'm arguing against anything vs GCS 1 as 1st app and I have no skin in game. I don't own any copy of any of those books. Ive said before if I come across a cheap copy of GCS 1. I will pick it up at least 2 to 3 times in the last 10 pages.

I'm trying to help people not overpay for books based on weak links and arguments, when the continuity is established by Dini through Catwoman making her statement. Had it been any one other than cBSi running with Tec 850 like it did as the 1at app, I would be saying same thing.

Like I told you in my first and only response to your pm, we are not going to agree so the point is moot. We should be focusing on what the movie of Gotham City Sirens is about, that is where the other specs are. Said that earlier as well.