• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,756 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, siro123 said:

Selling really fast on fleabay now.

Ultimate X #1

Fleabay

Yeah, I got in on that early. Found some NM back issue #1 when I saw prices on eBay going up. Made some best offers on eBay too, but no takers. I think they know the market is about to go up for that book. I might go snag a couple before it goes up higher.

Wow no post in this thread in Over 24 Hours. I declare this thread DOA since the switch over. RIP

Some heat to these issues on the fleabay.

Uncanny X-men Annual #1 Lashley Variant 

fleabay

Edited by siro123

13 hours ago, TheSSurfer said:

Has anyone asked the question as to if Modern books, especially variants, should be considered as investments? I currently stick to bronze and mostly silver but figured I would ask.

I think thats way to general of a question. There are definitely modern and modern variants that are investment opportunities. Just look at how some of the retailer incentives perform and how some specific low print covers perform for some cover artists. But, not all that some consider to be investments should be.

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

From the image in the article, the setting and facial hair looks exactly like a Sabertooth story. Who needs "new" ideas.

One major difference from a collector standpoint.

Herb Trimpe is, sadly, not around to sign books and I'm not sure how you'd get Byrne and Claremont's work SS'ed conveniently for Sabretooth.

Right now is a pretty good time to get Ultimate X SS'ed by Loeb and Art Adams. It took me awhile to figure out the ideal signature placement until I saw where Loeb likes to sign copies of the book.

There's something especially cool about getting two creators of a character to sign a book. Ultimate X is JUST plentiful enough that you don't have to feel like you're defacing a irreplaceable classic.

I've got a 1:25 that I THINK is in pretty good shape (chrome seems to be either perfect or disappointing in terms of grading). And SDCC or NYCC are probably both events with plenty of autograph facilitators on hand that I imagine will both have Loeb and Adams attending.

I think there's enough nostalgia for Wolverine and the character is "off-model" enough that an amnesiac son could hit a lot of the right buttons. Also factor in that Loeb does seem to help advance some of his favorite characters as head of Marvel TV and he's producer on Legion and Fox's other in-development X-Men shows. Fox may well recast Wolverine for movies or go with Laura but Jimmy Hudson is probably in a very good place for television.

There's been some serious action on the Valiant / Acclaim Quantum & Woody retailer review book since news of a Russo brothers show being in the works:

Quantum & Woody #1 High Grade NM/MT Priest Bright Retailers Preview Acclaim $150.89

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quantum-Woody-1-High-Grade-NM-MT-Priest-Bright-Retailers-Preview-Acclaim-/391748277370?hash=item5b3604547a:g:rpIAAOSwmgJY57AM

Quantum & Woody #1 Priest Bright Retailer Preview Review Variant Acclaim Valiant $135.99

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quantum-Woody-1-Priest-Bright-Retailer-Preview-Review-Variant-Acclaim-Valiant-/361954320022?hash=item5446289e96:g:jRwAAOSwls5Y8F5q

21 hours ago, sonicdan said:

There's been some serious action on the Valiant / Acclaim Quantum & Woody retailer review book since news of a Russo brothers show being in the works:

Quantum & Woody #1 High Grade NM/MT Priest Bright Retailers Preview Acclaim $150.89

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quantum-Woody-1-High-Grade-NM-MT-Priest-Bright-Retailers-Preview-Acclaim-/391748277370?hash=item5b3604547a:g:rpIAAOSwmgJY57AM

Quantum & Woody #1 Priest Bright Retailer Preview Review Variant Acclaim Valiant $135.99

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Quantum-Woody-1-Priest-Bright-Retailer-Preview-Review-Variant-Acclaim-Valiant-/361954320022?hash=item5446289e96:g:jRwAAOSwls5Y8F5q

Wow. I can remember how hard it used to be to get $5 for them. lol

On 4/14/2017 at 9:53 PM, siro123 said:

Wow no post in this thread in Over 24 Hours. I declare this thread DOA since the switch over. RIP

Some heat to these issues on the fleabay.

Uncanny X-men Annual #1 Lashley Variant 

fleabay

I love this domino cover, I'm really upset I should've bought it sooner.

So, "Redneck" is going crazy around here. Under-ordered (if at all) by most shops, and the only store that has them in stock (not in pulls) is charging $8  for a copy. Looks like it's at a solid $10-$15 on eBay right now, sold out on Midtown and MCS last I checked. I did manage to get an ashcan and a poster today, as my main LCS only ordered two copies of this book and they went straight to pulls.

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Rick & Morty #1 is climbing. Up to about $150 now.

Unbelievable.

A comic book based on a cartoon show/ not a first appearance with hundreds of variants and reprints by an independent publisher with no real big winners (6th gun is the only one I can think of that ever reached the 100 dollar mark), stomps almost every other hot spec book currently on the market 

Watch how all the spec'ers are gonna try and explain this now :eyeroll: