• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,756 posts in this topic

Take your pick here speculators are picking all these copies up doesn't matter which cover even though the 1/50 is going insane.

Ultimate X 1

This book doesn't seem to get the love it deserves with all this venom craze lately. It sits around $30-40 unless very high grade.

ASM 569 Variant

Another book I just never see. I know the print run was small, but they are out there look at Ebay there must be 20 copies.

WW 90

Edited by fastballspecial

That Heathen x/100 variant had sales yesterday from $200 and up, and one sold for over $500. The cover a is selling pretty good too.  I said down and read the first two issues to see what the hubbub was about, and the book is written well. Dropped a lot off of my pull lately, but I added this one. Is this an ongoing?

Edited by freecharlie

1 hour ago, freecharlie said:

That Heathen x/100 variant had sales yesterday from $200 and up, and one sold for over $500. The cover a is selling pretty good too.  I said down and read the first two issues to see what the hubbub was about, and the book is written well. Dropped a lot off of my pull lately, but I added this one. Is this an ongoing?

Heathen has been a great read so far. This is a 4 issue mini that was taken from Natasha Alterici's Kickstarter graphic novel. There's a Vol 2 Kickstarter that's also met it's goals so we should see more after the initial 4 issue mini.

7 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Take your pick here speculators are picking all these copies up doesn't matter which cover even though the 1/50 is going insane.

Ultimate X 1

This book doesn't seem to get the love it deserves with all this venom craze lately. It sits around $30-40 unless very high grade.

ASM 569 Variant

Another book I just never see. I know the print run was small, but they are out there look at Ebay there must be 20 copies.

WW 90

What, I remember I felt stupid when I bought like 4 copies of Ult. X #1!  Who/what is this 1st app.??  Please excuse my ignorance.

10 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

Ultimate X 1

ASM 569 Variant

WW 90

3 hours ago, gradejunky said:

What, I remember I felt stupid when I bought like 4 copies of Ult. X #1!  Who/what is this 1st app.??  Please excuse my ignorance.

21 minutes ago, Mad Titan said:

Jimmy Hudson...Wolverine's son :whistle:

This book must have just recently gotten hot.  My copy sold last week after I had a Buy It Now price of $13 and free shipping.

This is the same copy of mine that sat there UNSOLD at that price for 3 years!!!

I'm happy to have finally sold it, but looks like I may have left a little money on the table.

This is a repost on the forums, but here is the link to the article from a few weeks ago explaining the hype if you missed it.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/03/21/mindless-speculation-ultimate-character-come-x-men-blue/

Let's say that in June this guy shows up in a x-book. What will the prices do then? Will everyone double todays buying price of these books and try to dump them all on eBay or is everyone trying to hoard them all in hopes that in a couple of years the character has some important role in marvel universe and becomes a fan favorite, or is everyone picking up all the 3 dollar copies at their lcs and making their money now? Obviously, no one is buying the book now because of being a huge fan. 

Granov might be the best for drawing a solo cover of one character.  I passed on that inferno book for $40 once and regret it.  I just don't understand how modern variants get so expensive, it isn't rare OR old.  This will be the problem with any Magik book.. they are all too new or not rare enough.  

3 hours ago, Aweandlorder said:

Why wait when these are already hott

maj1.jpg

maj2.jpg

maj3.jpg

I would think because you wont still find them for $1. The other books at least Magik and NM 14 you can still find for less $1. The other books you will put a large sum and hope they continue to appreciate.

Edited by fastballspecial

20 hours ago, gradejunky said:

I thought Daken was already Wolverine's son???

Not only does he have more kids then John Stamos on that one episode of Law & Order SVU, but this one is Ultimate Wolverine's kid.