• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,756 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

Has anyone been able to actually sell a copy on the boards?  The modern sales section can't get any slower.

I think the new style of the boards drove a lot of people away.  I didn't really check the boards for several weeks and all of sudden started coming back.  Plus, the mobile site sucks and doesn't always load.

4 hours ago, bcphillips119 said:

I think the new style of the boards drove a lot of people away.  I didn't really check the boards for several weeks and all of sudden started coming back.  Plus, the mobile site sucks and doesn't always load.

The desktop version isn't reliable either.  :tonofbricks:

5 hours ago, 1Cool said:

Has anyone been able to actually sell a copy on the boards?  The modern sales section can't get any slower.

I just finished my sales thread in the Mixed section which is traditionally the worst section to sell in. My sales were just about normal maybe off by 5% from my normal sales and I sold Modern,Copper, and Bronze. I think I had 15 buyers all who bought anywhere from 3 to 50 books.

A lot of times you have develop a good trust with buyers and offer a variety of books. The modern market by itself is not a good market to be in unless you are an established seller on both ebay and here. The profit margin and gambles involved in selling modern slabs can be challenging.

You can still easily make money in moderns and on these boards you just have to diligent and know when to sell and when to buy. Just my two cents.

Edited by fastballspecial

2 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I just finished my sales thread in the Mixed section which is traditionally the worst section to sell in. My sales were just about normal maybe off by 5% from my normal sales and I sold Modern,Copper, and Bronze. I think I had 15 buyers all who bought anywhere from 3 to 50 books.

A lot of times you have develop a good trust with buyers and offer a variety of books. The modern market by itself is not a good market to be in unless you are an established seller on both ebay and here. The profit margin and gambles involved in selling modern slabs can be challenging.

You can still easily make money in moderns and on these boards you just have to diligent and know when to sell and when to buy. Just my two cents.

I didn't know you had your F/S thread until yesterday :frustrated:

1 hour ago, Emezy360 said:

Midtown comics only had 1 by noon in store is it a hold or a quick sell in your opinion?

Id think quick flip. It was a 1:1 variant.  Sold out fast, high demand. Doesn't have legs tho. It's not that rare.

Speaking of R and M

These went on sale two weeks ago on the adult swim website. Sold out in a few minutes, very upset I missed it as I buy all these stupid asseenonadultswim products.

First prints for $2.

https://asseenonadultswim.com/collections/adult-swim-shop/products/rick-and-morty-comic-book