• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,756 posts in this topic

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4 2nd Print is now $100-200 raw .. a CGC 9.6 sold for close to a thousand!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles FCBD is selling well.. saw a couple copies sold for a whopping... I mean whopping $40.. used to struggle to get $10-15 for it years ago.. I passed on a VF stack of them for less than $1 at a garage sale months ago

TMNT is basically Spawn/Star Wars/Miles Morales/Static/etc now.. huge market correction this year for many undervalued rare hard to find collectibles not just comics

16 minutes ago, littledoom said:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4 2nd Print is now $100-200 raw .. a CGC 9.6 sold for close to a thousand!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles FCBD is selling well.. saw a couple copies sold for a whopping... I mean whopping $40.. used to struggle to get $10-15 for it years ago.. I passed on a VF stack of them for less than $1 at a garage sale months ago

TMNT is basically Spawn/Star Wars/Miles Morales/Static/etc now.. huge market correction this year for many undervalued rare hard to find collectibles not just comics

Odd to me, tmnt #4?

And 2nd print?

I bought a #2 2nd print 9.8 and they're not even $1000

So I have #2 and #3 trying to pick up #4 but reasonably priced..... didnt even think about a 2nd print #4

Lol Dawn's on me that we're in modern.

Was #110 anything? 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

37 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Odd to me, tmnt #4?

And 2nd print?

I bought a #2 2nd print 9.8 and they're not even $1000

So I have #2 and #3 trying to pick up #4 but reasonably priced..... didnt even think about a 2nd print #4

Lol Dawn's on me that we're in modern.

Was #110 anything? 

101 Yes, technically that 4 2nd print is copper but it’s a fine line

Just now, littledoom said:

101 Yes, technically that 4 2nd print is copper but it’s a fine line

Well I know #110 was a ronin preview,but also wasnt it 1st road hogs as a group? Or cover? Or does cgc note those kinds of things with tmnt?

9 hours ago, awakeintheashes said:

Wow. Just checked recent sales. DH #1 is book that's creeping in raw form for a little while, but these new sales make me wish I had the Scrooge McDuck pile I grabbed for $0.50 each 6 or 7 years ago. Profit is profit, though, and I've still got a few left.  

Now I have to find the 20 copies of #1 I have spread out over 15 "miscellaneous marvel" boxes.. great! any hope that 2 or 3 might do ok too?

28 minutes ago, the blob said:

Now I have to find the 20 copies of #1 I have spread out over 15 "miscellaneous marvel" boxes.. great! any hope that 2 or 3 might do ok too?

Later issues and the JCPenney variants do well. I haven’t paid attention to the other issues, though. 

45 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Later issues and the JCPenney variants do well. I haven’t paid attention to the other issues, though. 

Yes the JCPenny variant is very hard to find and some consider it one of their jewels in their DK collection.

Edited by fastballspecial

17 hours ago, littledoom said:

Is the 2nd print rare? I’ve got the first print and I didn’t think it was worth that much (shrug)

Edited by BrooksR

15 hours ago, the blob said:

glad to see that I'm not the only one who does this. I'm now convinced my copies of UF4 2nd prints that I've been looking for are in my Image boxes

On 11/16/2020 at 8:15 PM, littledoom said:

Yeah, the TMNT Adventures 1 is still going strong

Edited by Wolverinex

12 hours ago, Hekla said:

glad to see that I'm not the only one who does this. I'm now convinced my copies of UF4 2nd prints that I've been looking for are in my Image boxes

If I still had those they would be in one of my 10-15 spiderman boxes though. I probably have 15 different individual sets of boxes for groups/charatcers - spiderman (and girl, woman), hulk, avengers, wolverine, x-men titles, DD, thor, iron man, captain america, FF, conan, batman, spawn, What If, Defenders, Punisher, Master King Fu, Luke Cage, Archie, DC War and Horror (I need to split those up), Undergrounds, Magazines ... and then I have Marvel Misc, DC Misc, "Old misc" anything before 1980 or so, "Indie misc" (any thing non-big 2 after 1980 or so)... those later "misc" boxes are going to need some organizing, espcially DC, which is everything other than Batman titles --