• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
71 71

63,788 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, Lazyboy said:

:facepalm:

So he's an insufficiently_thoughtful_person and a lying piece of :censored:. Are there any good sellers left or are they all cheap hucksters (most contributing members here excepted)?

What’s new? sellers listing garbage junk on eBay 

4 minutes ago, GeeksAreMyPeeps said:

Screen Shot 2020-12-15 at 5.03.39 PM.png

On 11/17/2017 at 12:25 PM, Kevlar said:

Had a special kind of stupid on ebay.  Buyer is: spider_web_comics_241

Bought a bunch of books with no problem. Then purchases another set but AFTER the purchase he demands a shipping discount. Didn't give him that and he decided to try to leave negative feedback on those items (even though he didn't pay) and then went back to the first books that were fine and left negative feedback on them.

Lied in feedback stating that the books were damaged, weren't delivered, and a bunch of other baloney. Watch out because he will try to wreck your seller feedback.

BLOCKED HIM ASAP

LOL

it gets better

On 11/27/2017 at 12:43 PM, BeachBum said:

Want to follow up with this after Torrey shared his story with me this weekend. This guy is a known chargeback scammer as well. He attempted chargebacks on me several times a couple of years ago on items delivered. All the chargebacks were just before the 180 day mark. I've blocked him and his aliases on eBay out of Hawthorne, NJ. One alias bought from me last year and I immediately cancelled and refunded the item once I saw the name and PayPal email address were the same as spider_web_comics_241. He then posted negative feedback saying I stole his money - eBay immediately removed it. The fact that he is still allowed to be on eBay boggles the mind.

3 hours ago, the blob said:

Not to just pick on CM, but this was from Hawkeye a little bit back? ... I guess what is shocking about the CM is how poorly the fact is drawn

23358542._SX540_.jpg

I am going to play devil's advocate and say that the pay is so bad for artists on regular books
that they are struggling to attract any talent?

15 hours ago, fastballspecial said:

I am going to play devil's advocate and say that the pay is so bad for artists on regular books
that they are struggling to attract any talent?

No, I don't buy that, tons of talented artists out there begging to get these jobs (and plenty of perfectly serviceable art on comics), and the pay is not bad even at the rates for non-names for work you can do, at home, at night or whenever if you have a day job (or working from home like everyone in the business is doing anyway). I see plenty of good art from small indies, how much can they be paying? Nop, someone at marvel thought this was ok, or looked abstract artistic, or expressionistic, or whatever.  that's fine for my psycho clown paintings, not for published works. even at the low end of $100 a page it seems the pay is not so low as to expect that poor quality. 

Edited by the blob