• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, BoogieWoogie said:

Will those also be first prints? Or is it unlimited 2nd prints like Bad Idea is doing?

I looked it up the day of the release and you could buy plenty. That's why I decided not to spec on the book. Folks paying $15 were exploiting themselves due to lack of research.

Anyway, I have like 4000-5000 $10-15 books I should be listing before I invest $2 a pop in more of them that might not have staying power. Of course, you never know when you might be skipping the next Saga 1...

Edited by the blob

14 hours ago, BoogieWoogie said:

Does anyone else have shops in their area that sell incentive variants at cover price? I have a shop near me that does this pretty much at random. They'll just mix in the incentive variants with the other issues, usually a week or more after it has been released. I got a bunch of the Batman 1:25 variants at cover price this way and today I got a few of the BRZRKR ratio variants. The Barmejo 1:25 and 2 of the Grampa 1:25 brown smoke variant. They had a copy of Unikorn too, makes me wish I would've checked them out after NCBD last week I probably could've snagged more than one copy

1159275472_Xe43lQ3-Imgur.thumb.jpg.d33309f25cfb7f876217a4fbc6c2ca18.jpg

$20 well spent IMO

They actually had two more of the brown smoke variants sitting out but they had dinged corners so I didn't grab them. Might go back for them hm

I love stores like that and I wouldn't tell a soul about them. Especially here. Just sayin

5 minutes ago, shiro9 said:

Paper Girls

I've had a chance to pick up some random $20 raws of #1, I never justified it when it was $60-70 in 9.8, might as well by slabbed; then I'd forget or find something else loldoh! 

On 4/22/2021 at 7:48 PM, fastballspecial said:

Any time a writer works for Marvel they wear them out. He has talent he is just stretched to thin. 

Or no one cares about Punchline and didn't order it just saying. Nobody asked about it
they cared about Batman Fortnite. I passed on Punchline signed copies because I couldnt justify
the price.

This just wasn’t the case. Everyone and their mother cared about Punchline, at least those who spec. People lined up outside shops all over the place to try and get that book. Tynion didn’t announce it in his newsletter until after FOC and it caused a straight up craze. You’re either new to the hobby or you weren’t paying attention in February of last year. This was all widely circulated information.

On 4/23/2021 at 10:47 AM, brentdevil said:

I'm actually shocked it dropped as much as it did. Do people really think Knull will never return? Really? Plus Dylan is separate from Venom #3 spec. I can't think of a single other book that has dropped since last year. Even unfounded spec like Monstress or whatever will be permanently raised on every comic site/ebay/dealer wall.

He won’t be back any time soon. 

10 minutes ago, the blob said:
24 minutes ago, RJ MacReady said:

This just wasn’t the case. Everyone and their mother cared about Punchline, at least those who spec. People lined up outside shops all over the place to try and get that book. Tynion didn’t announce it in his newsletter until after FOC and it caused a straight up craze. You’re either new to the hobby or you weren’t paying attention in February of last year. This was all widely circulated information.

I was busy hoarding toilet paper and ethyl alcohol in February. What's a Punchline?

Not sure, but my mother sure seems to care about it.

13 minutes ago, awakeintheashes said:

Not sure, but my mother sure seems to care about it.

It just so happens my local supermarket had a tremendous sale on TP in February and I loaded up big time. We still had plenty in October.

1 hour ago, RJ MacReady said:

For Batman 89, people definitely got crazy. 

But for Punchline 1, it was the opposite.  Our store had tons of copies that went unsold.  

The ending for Punchline in Joker Wars was unbelievably bad.  In all honesty, that entire storyline wasn't very good.  

His post-Joker Wars story has been much better. 

Patrick 

16 hours ago, Broke as a Joke said:

I'm sure nobody will agree with me and CGC will never consider it but I'd like to see CGC state that they won't grade a book within a year of its release date.  More reasons to do this than to not, but money trumps all I guess.

the problem with this is if you buy a book today and send it for slabbing the wait time may well be over a year soon anyway!

16 minutes ago, followtheleader said:

For Batman 89, people definitely got crazy. 

But for Punchline 1, it was the opposite.  Our store had tons of copies that went unsold.  

The ending for Punchline in Joker Wars was unbelievably bad.  In all honesty, that entire storyline wasn't very good.  

His post-Joker Wars story has been much better. 

Patrick 

Batman 89 was heavily ordered. Not talking about the Punchline one shot. I’m referring to her first full appearance: Hell Arisen #3. 35k print run, most of the run damaged with dull knife, and every shop under ordered or didn’t order at all because Tynion didn’t drop the news about her being in that book until after FOC for Hell Arisen #3. People lined up outside shops trying to get a copy. It was a spec wet dream, really. WB picked up the rights to use her on tv and film and she’s a really hot char for DC. But the buy in on a 9.8 is around 400 now and it’s only going up so I’m not sure it’s worth it to get in now unless you have the cash. Her book will only increase though. Hottest new char of the last couple years 

Edited by RJ MacReady

15 minutes ago, littledoom said:

$600 for a 9.8 Convergence Superman #2

how many of those ever got slabbed? was there a real reason to before a week ago? this was a $5-$10 book in january.