• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,755 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, PeterPark said:

I know Y: the Last Man jumped a while back, but I still think it is undervalued in this market. 

outside #1 maybe all the others are dirt cheap. 

9 hours ago, Corona smith said:

I can literally point out dozens of people on different forums that thought Punchline would go nowhere. That a few months after she first appeared it’d be worthless. Obviously we were wrong but it’s definitely part of the equation. 

Sure, you can point out a dozen or a couple dozen, whatever. But the majority of people who bought 89, if not all of them, bought it for Punchline. The Hell Arisen 3 craze was BECAUSE people wanted to get in on Jokers new partner in crime. Yes, a lot of it was spec, but there was also a ton of hype around the character herself. You being able to point out a dozen people on forums doesn’t change that. 

7 hours ago, brentdevil said:

I get what you're saying, I meant that people were unprepared to spec on Punchline even with advance knowledge. I mean, *I* snapped them up before FOC based on the rumor just in case, but I'm sure it wasn't the home run to other people the 'warnings' seemed to indicate it would be. They learned their lesson and now even the slightest whisper of something makes it sold out before the on sale date.

I do recall the Hell Arisen 3/Batman 89 thing was about equal as I tried to get both at the same time; I don't think it was a matter of everyone went all in on Bats 89, and were caught with their pants down on HA 3. Matter of fact, I think I thought 89 was the 'rare' one and HA 3 was an also-ran dud until you said something just now.

Absolutely. Don’t get me wrong the 89 hype was real. The Hell Arisen shenanigans simply stemmed from two separate official sources saying two different things, and the official correction of said info coming post FOC is why it all gone so blown up by your typical comic related YTbers like Comics Tom (sigh). But yes Hell Arisen 3 has a tiny print run by modern standards compared to your Batman, Venom, those types of main title books from DC or Marvel. Sounds like you were completely on top of it though. I have multiple 9.8s and almost all of the run has corner damage from the dull knife that was used to cut that run. So lots of 9.6s out there as this also led to bindery tears and other issues when being handled for racks

3 hours ago, 1Cool said:

#2 does pretty well in the $40 - $50 range

If a series does actually come and is good, the prices will go crazy. 

The 1st five have never been that easy to find.  And the white covers make them even tougher in 9.8. 

I have an extra 2 and 5 that I've had in a to-sell box for years.  I feel confidant that day will come. 

As someone previously mentioned, this book is very undervalued.  

Patrick 

1 hour ago, followtheleader said:

If a series does actually come and is good, the prices will go crazy. 

The 1st five have never been that easy to find.  And the white covers make them even tougher in 9.8. 

I have an extra 2 and 5 that I've had in a to-sell box for years.  I feel confidant that day will come. 

As someone previously mentioned, this book is very undervalued.  

Patrick 

what's the deal w/ #6? was that some type of incentive book? see hordes of those in $1 boxes.