• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are heating up on ebay!
70 70

63,861 posts in this topic

On 6/18/2024 at 6:58 PM, MAR1979 said:

https://www.cbr.com/superman-james-gunn-hawkgirl-identity/

Even with that announcement, "JSA Secret Files and Origins 1" (1st Kendra Saunders) remains ICE Cold and Unsold on eBay

When it's DC, you have to sell as soon as the news drops because all DC movie news makes the comics drop in value, right? ;)

On 6/20/2024 at 9:09 AM, Michael Browning said:

When it's DC, you have to sell as soon as the news drops because all DC movie news makes the comics drop in value, right? ;)

Sure there have been outliers and always will be, but speculating on Copper and Modern DC Superhero books is proven to be a highly efficient way of losing money.

Edited by MAR1979

On 6/20/2024 at 9:43 AM, MAR1979 said:

Sure there have been outliers and always will be, but speculating on Copper and Modern DC Superhero books is proven to be a highly efficient way of losing money.

True that. It sucks for people who are stuck with lots of Wonder Woman, Black Adam, Flash, Isis, Stargirl, Aquaman, Justice League, Suicide Squad and Superman comics... Even Peacemaker didn't cause a bump enough for me to sell my stack of that miniseries for any amount of profit. :( 

On 6/20/2024 at 10:15 AM, Michael Browning said:

True that. It sucks for people who are stuck with lots of Wonder Woman, Black Adam, Flash, Isis, Stargirl, Aquaman, Justice League, Suicide Squad and Superman comics... Even Peacemaker didn't cause a bump enough for me to sell my stack of that miniseries for any amount of profit. :( 

Peacemaker? Must have bought and tried to sell at the wrong times.

His mini's were $1 bins and could easily get $20 for the set.
I owned 3 copies of Fightin 5 that I don't think I paid more than $100 for all.

It's all about timing.

On 6/18/2024 at 4:58 PM, MAR1979 said:

https://www.cbr.com/superman-james-gunn-hawkgirl-identity/

Even with that announcement, "JSA Secret Files and Origins 1" (1st Kendra Saunders) remains ICE Cold and Unsold on eBay

I would imagine anything attached to the James Gunn Superman reboot will be ice cold until there is something better coming out than the picture of the new Supes in a suit that is too big for him..................

Edited by kimik

On 6/20/2024 at 8:17 AM, ygogolak said:

It's all about timing.

Exactly. If you know what you are doing and buy low early you make a very nice profit. If you buy at the peak, it is the same as Marvel copper and modern spec...............

On 6/20/2024 at 9:09 AM, Michael Browning said:

On 6/20/2024 at 9:43 AM, MAR1979 said:

On 6/20/2024 at 10:15 AM, Michael Browning said:

It sucks for people who are stuck with lots of Wonder Woman, Black Adam, Flash, Isis, Stargirl, Aquaman, Justice League, Suicide Squad and Superman comics... Even Peacemaker didn't cause a bump enough for me to sell my stack of that miniseries for any amount of profit. :( 

2020 called, and they want their MCU-spec, Covid-spike jokes back.

I always say I am a small potatoes seller, but my sales have been very strong this year - almost at pandemic levels - and DC is far outselling Marvel for me (though indies are outselling both). In the past couple of weeks, I've sold multiple lots of Aquaman books, some Phantom Stranger and Dead Boy Detective sets, a Thriller miniseries (of all things), and scattered issues of Sandman, Our Army at War, Weird War Tales and Gears of War, all for decent profits.

If you're trying to sell Black Adam, Stargirl or Suicide Squad books right now, you're doing it wrong. Those books were great sellers a couple of years back.

I hear a lot of people lamenting the state of the market as they try to play the game as it was a few years ago, rather than adjusting to where it is now.

On 6/20/2024 at 10:17 AM, ygogolak said:

It's all about timing.

Yes, I also did well with Peacemaker and Fightin' 5 books. 

On 6/20/2024 at 2:08 PM, Brock said:

2020 called, and they want their MCU-spec, Covid-spike jokes back.

I always say I am a small potatoes seller, but my sales have been very strong this year - almost at pandemic levels - and DC is far outselling Marvel for me (though indies are outselling both). In the past couple of weeks, I've sold multiple lots of Aquaman books, some Phantom Stranger and Dead Boy Detective sets, a Thriller miniseries (of all things), and scattered issues of Sandman, Our Army at War, Weird War Tales and Gears of War, all for decent profits.

If you're trying to sell Black Adam, Stargirl or Suicide Squad books right now, you're doing it wrong. Those books were great sellers a couple of years back.

I hear a lot of people lamenting the state of the market as they try to play the game as it was a few years ago, rather than adjusting to where it is now.

Yes, I also did well with Peacemaker and Fightin' 5 books. 

Not making any MCU-spec, COVID-spike jokes at all. I'm not even sure what you mean by that.

I know what my local comic shops in West Virginia, Kentucky and Ohio are selling and it sure isn't DC back issues. Especially after a DC movie is announced. One shop owner told me he wishes DC would let him know when they're going to do a movie before they put it out to the media so he could sell BEFORE that announcement is made public.

I'm not a dealer or a seller and I don't sell at conventions, so I'm not trying to sell any of these now -- nor did I say I was selling them now. I said that AFTER a DC movie is announced, it makes them hard to sell.. I casually sell graphic novels on eBay when I want to make some extra cash, but I've got everything pulled down at this time.

I have been sitting on a stack of Peacemakers for at least four years now and wasn't able to sell a single copy during the COVID boom and a guy asked me recently to sell him some comics and when I offered those up to him, he said they didn't sell for him.

On 6/20/2024 at 1:27 PM, Michael Browning said:

Not making any MCU-spec, COVID-spike jokes at all. I'm not even sure what you mean by that.

I know what my local comic shops in West Virginia, Kentucky and Ohio are selling and it sure isn't DC back issues. Especially after a DC movie is announced. One shop owner told me he wishes DC would let him know when they're going to do a movie before they put it out to the media so he could sell BEFORE that announcement is made public.

I'm not a dealer or a seller and I don't sell at conventions, so I'm not trying to sell any of these now -- nor did I say I was selling them now. I said that AFTER a DC movie is announced, it makes them hard to sell.. I casually sell graphic novels on eBay when I want to make some extra cash, but I've got everything pulled down at this time.

I have been sitting on a stack of Peacemakers for at least four years now and wasn't able to sell a single copy during the COVID boom and a guy asked me recently to sell him some comics and when I offered those up to him, he said they didn't sell for him.

I like the fact that most LCSs are Marvel focused and underprice DCs. I recently picked up a small group of 6.0 - 8.0 DC SA and BA 1st apps/minor keys for 35% of FMV in grade since the employee that does back issues views DCs as worthless. I hope they continue to land more in the collections they buy. :wishluck:

On 6/20/2024 at 12:00 PM, ygogolak said:

Wolverine #36A (1st Hellverine) hitting $60+.....???

2nd print hitting $10+

Doom #1 holding at $30+

USM #1 is still a reliable $70 - $110 sale on eBay depending on the week. I am down to my last 10ish copies of cover A soon so that gravy train is about to end, unfortunately.

On 6/20/2024 at 6:54 PM, Spawnfreak said:
On 6/7/2024 at 11:21 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

They have been going up recently so for sure...

Which Venom 3?

He mentioned Knull, if I recall, so I had assumed that one? :cheers: 

On 6/20/2024 at 11:58 PM, CHASEnBLUE said:

08/2018

image.png.3999b19ffd0dccc896a47085fdd3104c.png

Except and spoiler alert! I paid like $300 for mine or something crazy, as I bought it when the issue venom takes care of knull was on stands. Lol 😂 😆 it happens when getting around to it like that haha so it'll take a miracle rise in value, even though I bought it to hold (thumbsu

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/21/2024 at 8:44 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Except and spoiler alert! I paid like $300 for mine or something crazy, as I bought it when the issue venom takes care of knull was on stands. Lol 😂 😆 it happens when getting around to it like that haha so it'll take a miracle rise in value, even though I bought it to hold (thumbsu

I got lucky, as I picked up a whole Venom run in NM or so including variants for like $40 a while back.  I still haven't even read it, but I know I have that issue (and I think 1 variant of it) tucked away.  I wasn't sure if grading it was worth it, it seems 9.8's are currently getting $200 but I can see that going up.  :wishluck: