• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where do you store your Priceless CGC

54 posts in this topic

there are a few comics slab that i have that is worth getting more than $1000, and i want to keep them in a safe place. a business depot near my place is selling a mini safe ($20) with an inner dimension of 7.5" x 12" x 3". the safe is fire proff and water proff, which is really neat. would a CGC slab me able to fit thru there???

where do you keep you priceless CGC slab in??

That little fire safe will make your staples rust.

That seems to be a consistent problem with safes. Dehumidifiers and desiccants may help, though with one as small as advertised, there may not be enough room.

there are a few comics slab that i have that is worth getting more than $1000, and i want to keep them in a safe place. a business depot near my place is selling a mini safe ($20) with an inner dimension of 7.5" x 12" x 3". the safe is fire proff and water proff, which is really neat. would a CGC slab me able to fit thru there???

I know I am the queen of typos..but somedays I want a red pen..

"slab me able to fit thru there"

No the safe will not work well.

You want a safe that is fire PROOF and water PROOF

PROFF safes are where they keep errant proffesors so they do not escape..unless your English proff is small enough to fit in there it's no good.

I think it is the fire proofing chemicals that cause a reaction with the staples making them rust..

The only things (unfortunately) that we had in our fire proof safes were a lot of comics involved in a mail fraud case/court case we had been filing ..those comics had been in the safe in question for about 6 years. they did not rust at all. But they were in the safe bagged and boarded and securely wrapped in foam sheeting and encased inside a cardboard box..so that may have made all the difference.

But other collectors I know have had comics with rusty staples come out of fire proof safes.

why ???

The chemicals used to fire proof said safe have a chemical reaction with the staples causing rust..you can do a search here about it I cannot link specific threads..it has been discussed a number of times.

why ???

The chemicals used to fire proof said safe have a chemical reaction with the staples causing rust..you can do a search here about it I cannot link specific threads..it has been discussed a number of times.

Not only rust them. Turn them into orange dust. :eek:

Marry a girl whose parents own a safety deposit box vault. That's what I did :grin:

My husband might be keen on the idea of me hitching up with a gal who has parents that own a safety deposit box vault..

but while my marriage to her may be legal in some states ..unless we lived in Utah I may be arrested for bigamy..

The book is put in a mylite2 with fullback. The slab is then stored in the trash.

The book is put in a mylite2 with fullback. The slab is then stored in the trash.

slab be put priceless ones in mailer boxes from mail sending place..

the to me be addressed and out shupped so me have them comics books.

:screwy:

of course they would never get there because the address label wouldn't make any sense

To:Comics chat book gurl collecks

in partment be twenty8tee

can's azz seatee miseryly