• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boston Comic Con - April 21-22 2012

184 posts in this topic

This is my first con, and i have a bunch of books i want to get signed and submitted for SS. How does this work? I've already reached out to a couple artists that told me "just swing by my book and i'll sign the cover", but dont i need CGC present at the signing? Is there a booth of CGC people that you just grab to come witness a signing or something?

This is my first con, and i have a bunch of books i want to get signed and submitted for SS. How does this work? I've already reached out to a couple artists that told me "just swing by my book and i'll sign the cover", but dont i need CGC present at the signing? Is there a booth of CGC people that you just grab to come witness a signing or something?

Contact GA Collectibles here on the boards. Or even just visit his booth at the convention and coordinate with him then.

there's plenty of parking in the area - if you're coming from the north (93) storrow and the fenway/longwood area might be a nightmare. other than that, there should not be an issue...

i do not recommend, however, parking at the Pru parking lot - easy $30. there are plenty of others in the area that are much more reasonable.

i do not recommend, however, parking at the Pru parking lot - easy $30. there are plenty of others in the area that are much more reasonable.

The only time I park at The Pru is if I'm going to a game at Fenway. They've got a good deal where, if you give them a ticket from that day's game, you get parking for $16. I'll take that, no doubt.

Traffic? Only an insane person would drive in to Boston on a Saturday no matter what was going on. Take the T, people.

If they let you smoke pot and drink beer on The T, I'd take it. No way I'm going to a Bruins or Red Sox game sober :insane:

If by beer you mean vodka in a Sierra Mist bottle, yes they allow this.

Will be in Boston tomorrow. How long after they open the gates will the lines be at a minimum? I ask because my son has autism, and waiting in any line for too long is bad. I'd hate to go there and have to turn around, especially after buying tickets online. Thanks!

I remember getting there last year at like... 9:30 and the line wasn't very long at all. Even with the scanner issue. I could probably have gotten there a little later and not had too much of an issue. Last year, they had an issue with the online tickets, which they have claimed to fix with more scanners from the company this year.

Supposedly this year it will be bigger, but I'll be getting there at 9 just because I feel like it.

Will be in Boston tomorrow. How long after they open the gates will the lines be at a minimum? I ask because my son has autism, and waiting in any line for too long is bad. I'd hate to go there and have to turn around, especially after buying tickets online. Thanks!

I remember getting there last year at like... 9:30 and the line wasn't very long at all. Even with the scanner issue. I could probably have gotten there a little later and not had too much of an issue. Last year, they had an issue with the online tickets, which they have claimed to fix with more scanners from the company this year.

Supposedly this year it will be bigger, but I'll be getting there at 9 just because I feel like it.

Im planning on doing the same because i kinda got to be out of boston by like 2

Traffic? Only an insane person would drive in to Boston on a Saturday no matter what was going on. Take the T, people.

If they let you smoke pot and drink beer on The T, I'd take it. No way I'm going to a Bruins or Red Sox game sober :insane:

If by beer you mean vodka in a Sierra Mist bottle, yes they allow this.

lol

Thanks mt1000 and lastraven. It's probably a mistake bringing my son to this, but I can't pass it up. I've had to leave all sorts of things early, so I'm used to it. I still have to introduce him to comics, etc.

Sadly going to have to miss this one. Hopefully going to be back back into buying mode again soon.

Just got back, it was a good time. The artist were very friendly and fun. I got a bunch of signatures and submitted them for my first bunch of SS. Cant wait to get them back.

Swamp Thing #1 signed by Bernie Wrightson (i also got Hulk 197 signed but didnt CGC submit it, even though was a solid 8.0+)

My guess is 8.0-8.5 on the Swamp Thing

swampthinge.jpg

Avengers XSanction #1 Joe Q variant 1:200 signed by McGuiness and Vines

This has 9.8 all over it.

avengersxsanction.jpg

Adventure Time #3 Variant.

This was signed by all 3 artists.

Shelli Paroline and Braden Lamb (artists of the book itself)

Stephanie Buscema did the cover art.

Was super awesome to see all 3 at the con. They didnt even know Stephanie was there.

My gut is 9.8 on this

atime3.jpg

This one I didnt submit for SS because of the "For Nick" on the front.

This is a rare 2012 Conference blank cover variant of Adventure Time #1. This sketch was drawn by Shelli Paroline and Braden Lamb (the artist of Adventure Time). They then both signed it. They mentioned because of the rareness of this book, they (BOOM?) doesnt want anyone to have one without their name written on the front (oh well). Because of that I didnt CGC SS it.

adventuretimel.jpg

It's always warm in there lol . My friend went today and said it was busy, he waited 3 hours to get a Kevin Eastman signature. He said it was worth the wait because he got a sketch from him too. He said he is one of the nicest guys you could want to me.