• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post 'em if you Won 'em...C-Link, Heritage, and Pedigree.

428 posts in this topic

$32,265 with the juice. Congrats, Adam! (worship)

32K, that's like real estate investment money for my family. :o

When you're spending this much is it still a hobby or have you moved into business territory?

I can bet he wont be reading it (:

I guess you have to treat it like stocks but that is approaching the cost of a share of Berkshire Hathaway....

I think I'd be too worried about a 17th century tulip collapse type event to lock that much away into a comic book.

Nah....I wouldn't worry too much about this particular purchase as 'Tec 28's don't pop up very often.

Now, whoever brought that Saginaw copy of FF #12 for $48K would definitely have a lot more to worry about. Especially whe another copy in the same condition was only able to fetch less than half that price at $20K.

Give me a HTF early GA book over a Marvel SA book anyday! hm

Wow!!

Hulk #181 CGC 9.8 WP ended at $10,251

From $24,000 to $10,251 in a few years :ohnoez:

The only surprise is that somebody would actually pay $24K for a copy of one of the most common BA books out there. I think everybody knew at the time of that sale, that the book had nowhere to go but down. :tonofbricks:

The drop in the Hulk #181 is nothing compared to the hit that the purchaser of Iron Man #1 is going to be facing. Are you guys serious when you say that somebody was actually :screwy: enough to bid $69K on a common as dirt book such as IM #1.

The underlying value of IM #1 is marginal at best compared to the outrageous price paid here. Nowhere for this book to go but down as new uber HG copies of this book are being created as we speak. doh!

Now, whoever brought that Saginaw copy of FF #12 for $48K would definitely have a lot more to worry about. Especially whe another copy in the same condition was only able to fetch less than half that price at $20K.

I'm pretty sure that Saginaw copy is a 9.6 now. It looked like on in the 9.4 holder to me.

I'm pretty sure that Saginaw copy is a 9.6 now. It looked like on in the 9.4 holder to me.

Assuming that was the case, it has therefore already reached its optimum value anyway.

yeah. but filter81's CGC 9.6 copy sold for less than the saginaw in the previous CL auction.

$20k on the FF 12 in 9.4. Ouch. The Saginaw in the same grade just sold for $48k.

Yes, a definite OUCH!

Somebody really got taken for a ride and got totally reamed on the Saginaw copy. :tonofbricks:

The Saginaws were well-timed and caused a feeding frenzy. Perhaps there are people who only bid on ebay and don't go on the major auction sites, but either way Sparkle City were there first after the online seasonal dearth (when the market is focused on Summer Cons), and ended before the glut commenced....

I completely agree with this. As popular as Clink, HA, CC and Ped' are in terms of auction houses, Ebay (and I'm not 100% sure as I have not researched) probably is still the highest in terms of buyer/sellers etc. I know 90% of my comic book friends out here are not even aware of any others but ebay, and now Clink, only because I told them to check it out.

And, not to drag another drama thread into this one, but I'm very thankful CGC provides this site for great discussions (both comic related, and not..). And am thankful for the friends I have made around here. One should not have to be told which books to sell, or not to sell around here (another grading companies). It is just common courtesy for CGC. :foryou: