• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post 'em if you Won 'em...C-Link, Heritage, and Pedigree.

428 posts in this topic

I was blown away at how high this got...is this normal?

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7039&lotNo=91147&type=bidnotice-endofauction#Photo

That is a whole quantum leap above the next highest grade (6.5, which last went for $1550) according to GPA. 1st true appearance of Sgt. Rock, rare in anything above 7.0. Nothing surprises me about this book, it's been super-hot for a long time, but that is still a spectacular price.

An OAAW #83 CGC 7.5 sold for $9,600 in the August Comiclink auction as well, so there was a good chance that the 8.0 was going to eclipse $10k. I was a bit shocked with the final price, but the OAAW #83 is being recognized as "THE" key War book to own.

That book is impossible to find in any grade. I recently bought a low grade war collection that had many of the keys from the DC war books and the early 80's OOAW's EXCEPT #83 :(

no idea how much I overpaid but what the h ll

teenageromances31cgc70w.jpg

You did well. The same item sold on ComiConnect for $525.00 a couple of months ago.

How much did this one sell for?

$455.00

Thanks (thumbs u

So, now that all three auctions are over...I'm curious as to what impressions everyone took away from this week long gluttony of comic-goodness.

My thoughts:

- High grade/scarce gold that's in demand (classic Superman covers, Schomburg covers, esoteric horror, pre-hero Marvels, etc.) still will set records, indicating that part of the hobby, which is generally comprised of older, more financially stable collectors is just fine.

- SA and BA Marvels continue to stagnate or decline. With few exceptions, the prices I saw this past week were good, to OK, to downright tragic. Generally speaking, early SA keys did well, while BA keys didn't fare so well. BA DCs are starting to fall into this category too.

- SA DC in high grade was generally very strong. Certainly a case where supply hasn't caught up to demand.

- You just never know what you'll win if you place enough garbage bids. :acclaim:

Anyone else?

Many of the Marvel preheros went on the cheap + included in that were several top census copies. Too many friggin' auctions!! :sumo:

Thought I'd just toss in my winnings.

Was fortunate enough to upgrade and complete my SA Animal Man collection (all 5 books!):

Upgraded my 9.2 to this lovely 9.4:

RAD3813720111020_151157.jpg img]http://[/img]

AWESOME!!! Love that book! Kudos Doc :applause:

How cool is this! Picked it up from Heritage.

Cover proof

lf-1.jpg

Nice!

Those cover proofs are cool - right up to the last second I thought I was going to buy the cover proof for #18. Woulda been sweet to frame and fits right in with my war bonds collection. But, alas... :sorry:

I picked up a nice run of GGA Wings.

Wings83.jpg

Wings85.jpg

Wings86.jpg

Wings87.jpg

Wings101.jpg

Wings102.jpg

An ha so it was you. I just wanted one any one... :sorry:

I might have an undercopy that is available. PM me if you are interested.

Auctions I wish I had gone in on (though who knows where that would have pushed prices to:

Green Lantern #34 CGC 9.4 went for $175 (GPA= $287)

Sea Devils #33 CGC 9.4 (one of 3 highest) went for $125 (GPA = $388)

Showcase #50 CGC 9.6 (one of 3 highest) went for $275 (GPA = $560)

Green Lantern #25 CGC 9.4 went for $426 (GPA=$777)

Yes, it looks as though some of these prices have fallen from the stratosphere and are starting to approach Overstreet valuations again. (thumbs u

$20k on the FF 12 in 9.4. Ouch. The Saginaw in the same grade just sold for $48k.

Yes, a definite OUCH!

Somebody really got taken for a ride and got totally reamed on the Saginaw copy. :tonofbricks:

The Saginaws were well-timed and caused a feeding frenzy. Perhaps there are people who only bid on ebay and don't go on the major auction sites, but either way Sparkle City were there first after the online seasonal dearth (when the market is focused on Summer Cons), and ended before the glut commenced....

Auctions I wish I had gone in on (though who knows where that would have pushed prices to:

Yes, it looks as though some of these prices have fallen from the stratosphere and are starting to approach Overstreet valuations again. (thumbs u

as if the words "Overstreet" and "valuations" should be used in the same sentence

as if the words "Overstreet" and "falsifications" should be used in the same sentence

How's that?