• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post 'em if you Won 'em...C-Link, Heritage, and Pedigree.

428 posts in this topic

I'm a little bummed to have lost out on all the Schomburg Nedors I wanted from this auction, but the prices being paid are just nutty for those books. However, I managed to snag a couple of more SA gems, so overall, I'm satisfied.

I think the bidding fatigue is setting in....how does this book, which guides for over $1k+, is tied for the highest graded copy, sell for a third of Guide? Either way, its a steal, and I'll happily take it.

RAD5F8072011112_18541.jpg

These are my 3 wins....bargains on two and paid through the nose on the other. The Kirby and Frazetta books were both grails as a teen in the 70's....tough esoteric niche books that are now obtainable through the wonders of the internet. Lots of cool books lately. Books I would have liked but couldn't afford were a TOS 50, Venus 15, and the nicest Superman 61 I've ever seen. Now I have to figure out what I'll have to sell (or try to....) to make room for the new ones. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

STUNTMAN-MILEHIGH.jpg

THUNDA-OKAJIMA.jpg

suspense11.jpg

I'm a little bummed to have lost out on all the Schomburg Nedors I wanted from this auction, but the prices being paid are just nutty for those books.

I didn't think the look of the Nedors match the grade. The Thrilling 70 9.4 had a smudged red grease pencil and the 69 had an unueven wrap. There's better ones out there for the same price.

I'm a little bummed to have lost out on all the Schomburg Nedors I wanted from this auction, but the prices being paid are just nutty for those books.

I didn't think the look of the Nedors match the grade. The Thrilling 70 9.4 had a smudged red grease pencil and the 69 had an unueven wrap. There's better ones out there for the same price.

that's what I thought. 70 was also a tad off center. nice book but not for 1777.

These are my 3 wins....bargains on two and paid through the nose on the other. The Kirby and Frazetta books were both grails as a teen in the 70's....tough esoteric niche books that are now obtainable through the wonders of the internet. Lots of cool books lately. Books I would have liked but couldn't afford were a TOS 50, Venus 15, and the nicest Superman 61 I've ever seen. Now I have to figure out what I'll have to sell (or try to....) to make room for the new ones. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

STUNTMAN-MILEHIGH.jpg

THUNDA-OKAJIMA.jpg

suspense11.jpg

very cool...I'd be pumped too.

Anyone here win the Werewolf By Night 32 in 9.8? I thought it was ending later and went out for dinner. Got back and I lost out.

Nah, when I saw it earlier I thought it was already at FMV and didn't bother bidding....$2k+ for that book is about right.

that's what I thought. 70 was also a tad off center. nice book but not for 1777.

That wasn't one of them, I'm quite content with my 9.2 Crippen copy, which is beautiful and without a hint of foxing. It could quite easily press into a 9.4, but I'm happy with it as-is. Weird to imagine I bought that book for $650 off of eBay four years ago, after it had sold for $1,100 the previous year at Heritage. The "rush" to quality GA material in the last 4-5 years has really set prices higher.

BTW Jeff, and this is a little off topic, but that Exciting 58 I picked up raw from Harley back at Mega-Con finally got graded....9.4 OW/W Double Cover. So, I'm going to be getting a sweet Schomburg soon, and I didn't even have to over pay for it. :whee:

That wasn't one of them, I'm quite content with my 9.2 Crippen copy, which is beautiful and without a hint of foxing. It could quite easily press into a 9.4, but I'm happy with it as-is. Weird to imagine I bought that book for $650 off of eBay four years ago, after it had sold for $1,100 the previous year at Heritage. The "rush" to quality GA material in the last 4-5 years has really set prices higher.

BTW Jeff, and this is a little off topic, but that Exciting 58 I picked up raw from Harley back at Mega-Con finally got graded....9.4 OW/W Double Cover. So, I'm going to be getting a sweet Schomburg soon, and I didn't even have to over pay for it. :whee:

That's awesome George. That's one of my favorite Exciting Xela covers. Post a scan when it comes in.

Okay, so its done....this has offically been my most expensive Comiclink Auction ever...in fact, its been my most expensive group comic purchase in...well....quite some time.

Thankfully, the deals are plentiful in November. :banana:

I don't know if you won'em, but I didn't bid on the Atlas war books specifically because of you. Hope you got them.

Okay, so its done....this has offically been my most expensive Comiclink Auction ever...in fact, its been my most expensive group comic purchase in...well....quite some time.

I don't know if you won'em, but I didn't bid on the Atlas war books specifically because of you. Hope you got them.

Actually, I got shut out on those as well...perhaps I should just stick with paying a premium for them raw and paying the certification fees to have them graded lower. lol

Actually, I got shut out on those as well...perhaps I should just stick with paying a premium for them raw and paying the certification fees to have them graded lower. lol

Did they go high? They were pretty cheap last I looked.