• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman 47 8.0 sold for $10,0999????

15 posts in this topic

I was surprised that the Tec 102 CGC 9.0 went for $4600. It would make sense if it were the highest graded, or maybe even 2nd highest, but there are 2 9.2s and a 9.4 beating out this copy.

I'm not the buyer, but you're right, that is strong for a 9.0. I didn't realize there was 2 9.2s and a 9.4 of this book. Maybe they're more recent submissions, since I don't remember that many high grade copies of this book a few years ago...

thats the bad thing about auctions, all you need is 2 bidders who are determined to win a book at all costs no matter what. Take away those 2 bidders and the prices go down dramatically! Thats what happened with the Gary Keller books.

It's funny you mention this, I was in the market for a BM#47 the last year or two so I paid close attention to scans and past sales on the book. I'm convinced this 8.0 is ALREADY PRESSED. It looks like the same book from a previous CLink auction that was 7.0 WHT. I say this because no other BM#47 has the black smudge on the lower right corner, but both of these listings had it!

Still an undervalued book IMHO but not that hard to come by.

I sold 2 diff cgc 8.5's in the last 2 years for 8500 and 7500 respectively. No 8.0 is worth 10k IMO so probable (shrug) it is a press upgrade potential?

Sorry, didn't quote the first time.

It's funny you mention this, I was in the market for a BM#47 the last year or two so I paid close attention to scans and past sales on the book. I'm convinced this 8.0 is ALREADY PRESSED. It looks like the same book from a previous CLink auction that was 7.0 WHT. I say this because no other BM#47 has the black smudge on the lower right corner, but both of these listings had it!

I sold my beaut of an 8.0 for $5K not too long ago too...just boggles the mind why anyone would pay this much, but someone presumably did, so good for them ...however, I would still speculate that kind of coin was paid because someone thought "upgrade" potential, regardless of the past history of the book... when 8.5's don't sell for that much, there is no logical reason a 8.0 would topple by 15-25%

Here's the book I currently have on E-Bay.

Do you wish to reconsider your statement that:

"No other BM #47 has the black smudge on the lower right corner".

batman47cgc4.5.jpg