• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis *spooned* me
2 2

575 posts in this topic

Man there's some weird people on this board. I'm starting to wonder about my decision to get back into collecting. What if I turn into a total freak as well? :ohnoez:

It's too late....you can never leave this place. Leave your sanity at the door.

You can stab it with your steely knives but you just can't kill the Beast!

Sorry...I couldn't help myself...

Good morning, we had a good time with our friends last night. They are moving to another town. I will not be seeing them again for awhile.

I was surprised to see this thread still here.

There is almost unanimous opinion against me. That tells me something.

I made some mistakes. I should have contacted Metropolis with the staple rust/foxing issues immediately upon receipt of the book. And given them a chance to make it right.

I should not have publicly shared my experience two years after the fact. I would not like that being done to me.

Giving a "neg" without communication is never good practice.

I should not have said that I don't trust Frank (at Metropolis). Frank tried to make it right yesterday.

And, finally, I should never post anything after drinking bourbon.

Good morning, we had a good time with our friends last night. They are moving to another town. I will not be seeing them again for awhile.

I made some mistakes. I should have contacted Metropolis with the staple rust/foxing issues immediately upon receipt of the book. And given them a chance to make it right.

I should not have publicly shared my experience two years after the fact. I would not like that being done to me.

I should not have said that I don't trust Frank (at Metropolis). Frank tried to make it right yesterday.

Well, hindsight is 20/20.

Let the bashing continue. lol-bashing-sign1.gif' alt='27_laughing.gif.62deb96933a6d30aaf250d01cf4616c7.gif' alt='lol'>-bashing-sign1.gif'>

The old blaming it on the bourbon routine. At least you didn't say your cousin hijacked your computer and posted in your name.

WTB you nutso...

That's "slighted 'tarded brother" get your memes straight.

Fixed it for you - good gawd, I'd never post at night at all if I wasn't under the influence of Wild Turkey. Seriously, you guys aren't very entertaining when I'm sober. :P

Fixed it for you - good gawd, I'd never post at night at all if I wasn't under the influence of Wild Turkey. Seriously, you guys aren't very entertaining when I'm sober. :P

I tend to mix Ketel One with various other beverages to see which one works best...right now it's NyQuil.

Thank you for the offer. I never did figure out how to post the scan.

I want to let this rest. I believe it would only stir things up again.

And I did get in trouble from my companion for drinking and posting.

To avoid further ridicule, I suggest talking to the moderators and changing your user name to something obscure like "rtheda." :gossip:

Thank you for the offer. I never did figure out how to post the scan.

I want to let this rest. I believe it would only stir things up again.

And I did get in trouble from my companion for drinking and posting.

To avoid further ridicule, I suggest talking to the moderators and changing your user name to something obscure like "rtheda." :gossip:

(tsk) Go with a name that implies strength, like "Hammer" or "ComicInvestor".

I tend to mix Ketel One with various other beverages to see which one works best...right now it's NyQuil.

That called a dirty "south" martini. (thumbs u