• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Metropolis *spooned* me
2 2

575 posts in this topic

forestdharmsa's dirty_bourbon_don't_drink_and_ post recipe

one large glass

fill it half way with freshly and gently crushed spearmint leaves

put ice over the top of that

add 1-3 TBL of organic agave

pour bourbon over all of this

let it sit for a little while (if you can, i usually can't) so that the mint leaves infuse the bourbon.

and really enjoy.

one large glass

let it sit for a little while (if you can, i usually can't) so that the mint leaves infuse the bourbon.

and really enjoy.

and what shall we call this infusion?

one large glass

and really enjoy.

Bourbon suggestion?

I'm a Basil Hayden's fan...

Have you had a 25 year old bottle of Jameson Whiskey,smooth as silk panties. :cloud9:

I haven't. It sounds intriguing. I could only imagine what a bottle of that would cost. But it sounds worth it.

They're quite popular in Japan, about 6000 yen. I just don't see the point of a dude buying a bottle full of silk panties...

I believe this will be my last post on this thread. I made a another mistake.

In my opening post, I opined that the Mary Marvel graded a 5.5 not the 7.0 Metropolis sold it for. I was wrong.

Though grading is subjective, I missed it on this one.

I just tracked the history of the comic and found that it sold at Heritage auctions as a FN/VF. Metropolis showed a lot of integrity by not raising the grade. I would have liked to have known about the foxing and staple rust. I believe the main issue here is the grading. It is common practice to sell a comic in a given grade and not disclose certain "defects" as long as the comic is the actually grade stated. Metropolis met this standard.

I'm not technologically confident or have the energy to try to post the image but if you would like to view the book, it is in the Heritage auction archives.

I would like to leave you with a poem by Chia Tao (779-843)

Mao-nu Peak

will be your door-leaf view;

though the sun be high,

you won't have brushed your hair.

Gradually mountain shadows

steal over the earth;

leaf-borne dew

spots your writing.

On a path through pines,

a monk searches for a shrine;

a crane watches fish

in a sandy spring.

One river,

a beautiful setting--

a pity I don't have

a thatched hut there.

Yes, this happened two years ago. That length of time does not make it right.

Every business in the free world has a limit on how long they'll accept returns.

At most major retail stores, its 14-90 days depending on the item in question.

Why don't you go into your nearest Best Buy store and try and return the Plasma TV you bought two years ago because you feel it wasn't advertised accurately.

Let us know how it works out for you.

lol Yeah just try it..

I just talked with Frank. He offered to take the book back. I said no.

I love this book.

My purpose in this thread, is to share with the community my experience with Metropolis.

Yes, I am looking for some resolution. In no way does it involve financial compensation. It's not that much money.

:screwy:

I just talked with Frank. He offered to take the book back. I said no.

I love this book.

My purpose in this thread, is to share with the community my experience with Metropolis.

Yes, I am looking for some resolution. In no way does it involve financial compensation. It's not that much money.

What is it that you want? This whole thread has my mind numb right now and I'm ready for a squirrel cage. You make no sense at all.

DR.X

I believe this will be my last post on this thread. I made a another mistake.

In my opening post, I opined that the Mary Marvel graded a 5.5 not the 7.0 Metropolis sold it for. I was wrong.

Though grading is subjective, I missed it on this one.

I just tracked the history of the comic and found that it sold at Heritage auctions as a FN/VF. Metropolis showed a lot of integrity by not raising the grade. I would have liked to have known about the foxing and staple rust. I believe the main issue here is the grading. It is common practice to sell a comic in a given grade and not disclose certain "defects" as long as the comic is the actually grade stated. Metropolis met this standard.

I'm not technologically confident or have the energy to try to post the image but if you would like to view the book, it is in the Heritage auction archives.

I would like to leave you with a poem by Chia Tao (779-843)

Mao-nu Peak

will be your door-leaf view;

though the sun be high,

you won't have brushed your hair.

Gradually mountain shadows

steal over the earth;

leaf-borne dew

spots your writing.

On a path through pines,

a monk searches for a shrine;

a crane watches fish

in a sandy spring.

One river,

a beautiful setting--

a pity I don't have

a thatched hut there.

LI%252B3.png

I'm starting to think forestdharma is really Vinnie, and he's just desperate for some good PR for Metro. You know, cause breaking the world record (again) for the World's Most Expensive Comic when the Action # 1 9.0 sells in two weeks just won't be enough.

:Tongue planted firmly in cheek:

" I AM FORESTDHARMA" :baiting:

There...... now that everyone knows the air is clear.

Metropolis' Army of Girly-Men

Cowards and heroes, come gather round me. Make room for everyone. Among us stand men and women who serve a demon and are hypocrites.

On the thread "Showcase-New-England How's their grading?" (at this moment, on page 3) a number of boardies shared their long ago experiences.

But when I shared my long ago Metropolis experience, you threw me in the mud.

Why? The length of time is the same.

Is it not because your minds have been enslaved and you fear and want to please the master?

This lowly god, who has taken the name Metropolis, has vast reach and great resources. How do you think he got them? By being nice? By being honest? By being a good member of the community? Are we under some kind of spell?

When Metropolis sold me Mary Marvel #17, the foxing and staple rust was not disclosed. Through this slight-of-hand, I overpaid by approximately $40.

How many thousands or tens-of-thousands of people have had similar experiences but are afraid to come forward and do not want to pay return shipping?

Good people, do not be afraid. I stand with you right here, right now, and always. Among us are the Master's thugs and bullies. Talk among yourselves. Of those who serve Metropolis, who is your leader and the strongest?

I challenge you, in front of this congregation, while the Gods and Goddesses bear witness, to a wrestling match. Let the winner be accepted by all.

Come here now. I am waiting.