• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Friday night party!

262 posts in this topic

I don't understand your compulsion to defend everyone and everything that happens on these boards. You had no dog in this fight and decided to stick your nose in it anyway.

I also don't understand people's natural compulsion to fight, argue, flame endlessly and see blood at every opportunity.

Maybe it's a flaw in me.

Let me ask you, why did you crack the book out instead of just sending it back as soon as you saw it was PGX graded?

It was not worth the hassle at that point. I cracked it out. read it, relived some childhood memories and placed it in a mylite II and fullback (from the hotflips boys) and chalked it up to experience. I had zero intention of bringing anything up. I has been many days since it arrived, and if i wanted to I could have done this immediately upon receipt or anytime up till tonight.

Trey wanted positive feedback. I was not going to provide it. He could have said anything to make what he had to perceive was a bad situation better. He chose to defend himself. Then he chose to drag other board members down with him. Then he chose to post an entire PM.

The way I look at it he lit the fuse on this one.

Perhaps you should have kept quite, swept it under the rug and let someone else also fall victim to this type of bait-and-switch-esque selling technique. At least that's what it sounds like to me is being suggested.

I know see the wisdom in blowing the whistle immediately. Even if this was kept private in a PM between Trey and I I would have had a moral obligation to every other board member to at least post in the probation thread.

I will do that moving forward from this point.

My dude, we suck at spelling.

:makepoint::makepoint:

I don't understand your compulsion to defend everyone and everything that happens on these boards. You had no dog in this fight and decided to stick your nose in it anyway.

I also don't understand people's natural compulsion to fight, argue, flame endlessly and see blood at every opportunity.

Maybe it's a flaw in me.

Let me ask you, why did you crack the book out instead of just sending it back as soon as you saw it was PGX graded?

It was not worth the hassle at that point. I cracked it out. read it, relived some childhood memories and placed it in a mylite II and fullback (from the hotflips boys) and chalked it up to experience. I had zero intention of bringing anything up. I has been many days since it arrived, and if i wanted to I could have done this immediately upon receipt or anytime up till tonight.

Trey wanted positive feedback. I was not going to provide it. He could have said anything to make what he had to perceive was a bad situation better. He chose to defend himself. Then he chose to drag other board members down with him. Then he chose to post an entire PM.

The way I look at it he lit the fuse on this one.

Perhaps you should have kept quite, swept it under the rug and let someone else also fall victim to this type of bait-and-switch-esque selling technique. At least that's what it sounds like to me is being suggested.

I know see the wisdom in blowing the whistle immediately. Even if this was kept private in a PM between Trey and I I would have had a moral obligation to every other board member to at least post in the probation thread.

I will do that moving forward from this point.

My dude, we suck at spelling.

:makepoint::makepoint:

lol

My last post in the thread that didn't stick because it was moved.

I'm not sure where you're coming from, Roy. This is a clear violation of the board rules while knowingly putting for sale a PGX book up for sale without disclosure. The OP has a history of shady and unethical dealings and the piling on from the rest of the forum is due to his attempt to divert the attention from his wrong doing by threatening people. This behavior is intolerable in an adult forum where we run business dealings on a continual basis. So in my book, you are completely missing the point of the discussion we've had. It is not bashing for the sake of it, but rather well deserved reprimand for his actions.

Let's be clear, I'm not defending Trey or his actions. He messed up by breaking the rules and needs to be made aware of them in a way that he will not do it again. I just think that this thread takes it to a level that it doesn't need to.

I know I can frustrate people with my stance but I honestly don't think Trey is a deceptive person. He's just a little more simple, a little less savvy and a little more socially inept than the rest of us and it seems like the vultures are now preying on his weaknesses.

Would you judge your 8 year old the same way you would a 40 year old lawyer if they broke the law?

Come on guys, Trey can get the message without the pile on. He can't handle the pile on and most of you know it...that's what makes it fun for everone. There are better ways to handle this and get the message across than at someone's expense.

(thumbs u

You don't think Trey is a deceptive person? I love the way you stick up for the

underdog Roy but Trey's legendary selling thread including books he didn't

own, slow brother and the comic store he didn't really own was 100% deceptive.

Add on selling PGX books here against board rules and a clear pattern of

deception and lying is obvious. He just isn't sharp enough to get away with it.

(thumbs u

Can we get a link to the famous thread about the comic store and his brother? I am too new to these boards to have seen that.

(thumbs u

Can we get a link to the famous thread about the comic store and his brother? I am too new to these boards to have seen that.

Couple of pages back.

(thumbs u

It's amongst the anals of board history.

(thumbs u

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=3409647#Post3409647

I missed all the fun!!! :cry:

Based on th this thread and other posts is this about Trey selling the PGX Iron Man then blasting Joey for no reason other than he got caught with his pants down again (Trey that is)?

Can anyone provide more details?

I missed all the fun!!! :cry:

Based on th this thread and other posts is this about Trey selling the PGX Iron Man then blasting Joey for no reason other than he got caught with his pants down again (Trey that is)?

Can anyone provide more details?

'nuff said.

Holy shiat at that other thread and the links to even older threads from Trey. Why is he still allowed on this board?

Worried about libel or slander, maybe Trey can sue himself for all the BS and lies he has said or posted about himself.

That BS comic book story thread is one hell of a trainwreck. Going to go buy some beer to drink while reading it tonight.

Oh, Trey is deceptive. He's done it twice in selling threads. He's just not a fraud artist.

Most of you probably forgot but I was actually the first guy to get "scammed" by Trey.

Link to the sales thread.

As the news and story unfolded I went along with the gang and then I realized that it wasn't exactly the way it appeared to be so I settled my difference with Trey via PM.

The point of the Probation thread, of a public flogging and a flame war in general is not to have fun with it. It's to get the point across so that he understands he did something wrong.

(shrug)

Some people just don't respond well to tarring and feathering as their defence mechanism causes them to dig in deeper even if it's the wrong thing to do. Calling him out in public and tarring and feathering him doesn't get the reaction you are looking for when it comes to Trey. An understanding PM does.

Since that first incident that Trey had (that I was a part of), Trey and I settled our differences in private, he came on and told the entire truth about the whole deal (which was corroborated by board members that know Trey and the local comic shop), I've since dealt with him several times and he was always prompt with payment and as far as I am concerned, honest with communication.

Woot woot. The wife is going out to get me more beer so I don't have to drag myself away from that classic thread.

So any board members able to ID the books in our buddies Trey's sig line? No way in hell those are his books, curious where the pics may be stolen from that are in his sig line.

Holy shiat at that other thread and the links to even older threads from Trey. Why is he still allowed on this board?

Worried about libel or slander, maybe Trey can sue himself for all the BS and lies he has said or posted about himself.

That BS comic book story thread is one hell of a trainwreck. Going to go buy some beer to drink while reading it tonight.

You're going to need a bigger keg.

When an 8 year old makes a mistake, you correct him.

When an 8 year old has learned how to be deceptive and manipulative, you correct him fast and hard, or he will quickly be ruined.

Sure, but there effecting are ways to do that without getting the entire village involved.

That was my point.

(thumbs u

What would be the difference if I had posted this in the probation thread? He sold a PGX slab knowingly. Not sure how he could have missed it scanning it (and cropping it), putting it in the box and mailing it out. That doesn't include how he came into posession of the book in the first place.

My intent was not to roast Trey, but he asked for it. When he realised I was not happy he defended the wrong actions of others and how great of a grader he is.

Roy has been told many times that he doesn't need to defend everybody and everything. He's just simpler than us, by the fact that he just doesn't see it. We've tried and tried to give him advice, but I think it's just time to come to terms that Roy is just Roy. It's okay, Roy, it's okay. :foryou:

I officially nominated Mr. Trey for probation. I can't believe he actually went and slammed you in your Kudos thread joey.

What is the over/under on Trey getting his vacation time from these boards? Likely to not happen until Monday?

Also I see exactly where joey is coming from when it comes to cracking this out of the PGX slab. He never intended to demand a refund for it but Trey decided to push for positive feedback for an assine transaction and wouldn't man up that he tried to hide the fact this was in a PGX slab. I am sure if joey wanted a refund to begin with the book would have stayed in the slab.

He won't be touched. He'll continue to go on with his selling threads and hope that future buyers never hear any negative bits about him.

Oh, Trey is deceptive. He's done it twice in selling threads. He's just not a fraud artist.

Most of you probably forgot but I was actually the first guy to get "scammed" by Trey.

Link to the sales thread.

As the news and story unfolded I went along with the gang and then I realized that it wasn't exactly the way it appeared to be so I settled my difference with Trey via PM.

The point of the Probation thread, of a public flogging and a flame war in general is not to have fun with it. It's to get the point across so that he understands he did something wrong.

(shrug)

Some people just don't respond well to tarring and feathering as their defence mechanism causes them to dig in deeper even if it's the wrong thing to do. Calling him out in public and tarring and feathering him doesn't get the reaction you are looking for when it comes to Trey. An understanding PM does.

Since that first incident that Trey had (that I was a part of), Trey and I settled our differences in private, he came on and told the entire truth about the whole deal (which was corroborated by board members that know Trey and the local comic shop), I've since dealt with him several times and he was always prompt with payment and as far as I am concerned, honest with communication.

Did a transaction ever happen Roy? Did money and goods change hands?

I officially nominated Mr. Trey for probation. I can't believe he actually went and slammed you in your Kudos thread joey.

What is the over/under on Trey getting his vacation time from these boards? Likely to not happen until Monday?

Also I see exactly where joey is coming from when it comes to cracking this out of the PGX slab. He never intended to demand a refund for it but Trey decided to push for positive feedback for an assine transaction and wouldn't man up that he tried to hide the fact this was in a PGX slab. I am sure if joey wanted a refund to begin with the book would have stayed in the slab.

He won't be touched. He'll continue to go o. With his selling threads and hope that future buyers never hear any negative bits about him.

Oh, he will be "touched". This place has a better memory than my computer.