• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Scariest Movie Moment

280 posts in this topic

Scary movies 893applaud-thumb.gif

Well lets see, scary moments or scenes that made me jump heres a few...

Jaws (The head popping out)

Ring (TV girl)

Prince of Darkness (Man turns into bugs, Mirrors)

The Fog (The Radio tape catching on fire)

Body Snatchers 70's version (The ending ....nuff said)

Dark Horizon (Tape playback madness)

The Thing ("We are going to find out who's human and which one of us is the thing") Blood Test

The Sentinal (Cant remember one scene but it was scary)

You know, it's funny. I love Kubrick. I love Jack Nicholson. I like Stephen King.......;

The Shining?..........eh.

Just goes to show you, that what chills one, ices someone else.

I just thought that Nicholson (unfortunately named Jack in the movie) chewed up the scenery, and overplayed the role so badly, it lost any real menace. I mean it HAD its' moments...(2 little girls in the hallway - yikes!). But no subtlety. And the cobwebs and corpses littered around the hotel at the end? sleeping.gif

jaws scared the [!@#%^&^] out of me. now it's one of my all-time favs. although the scenes with the shark are scary, i thought the part where dreyfuss was diving to look at a boat and he finds the tooth imbedded in the hole in the boat and the bloated body falls out of the hole was the scariest part purely from a "oh shee-ite" point of view.

I agree! I tossed my box of popcorn the first time I saw that! 893whatthe.gif

Yeah, I remember seeing that one....it was pretty disturbing. Don't they come into town driving a hearse...Jessica and her friends that is.

Yeah those crazy kids and their hearse drive right into a town where everybody's been bitten (bandaids galore), but Jessicas just been released from the Looney Bin so is it realy going on?

Just remembered another scary scene from "Salem's Lot": that kid floating outside the window scratching to get in! Brrr!

You know, it's funny. I love Kubrick. I love Jack Nicholson. I like Stephen King.......;

The Shining?..........eh.

Just goes to show you, that what chills one, ices someone else.

I just thought that Nicholson (unfortunately named Jack in the movie) chewed up the scenery, and overplayed the role so badly, it lost any real menace. I mean it HAD its' moments...(2 little girls in the hallway - yikes!). But no subtlety. And the cobwebs and corpses littered around the hotel at the end? sleeping.gif

So you mean to tell me that if you saw that for REAL ( a crystal clean ball room parlor on minute and a room full of dead corpses the next, a hotel that you have been in for three months with out seeing anyone and you see a woman that is a nude swimsuit model one minute and dead witch womans corpse the next as you are making-out to it) you wouldn't soil your self on the spot!

I love Jack, I though he did a fantastic job!

This movie is a diabolical masterpiece!!

Directing was on the spot! Music was on the spot! Acting was on the spot!

And fantasic flow throughout.

Did this movie have thing that pop out of places and go BOO!

No, this was totally different.

The focus I love and enjoy was the psychological breakdown hour by hour minute by minute

of these charaters.

One of the things that gets in the way of it's edgy purpose is that this movie

has been satired to death. Everybody and their brother got into the Heerree's johhnny thing and

stopped taking it serious. Cabin Fever is for real!!

And this was an awesome plight at it I thought!

Oh well, I though this was a no brainer classic! confused-smiley-013.gif

REDRUM! REDRUM! REDRUM! cloud9.gif

When I was a kid, the movie "Phantasm" used to scare the hell out of me.

Of course now when I see it I wonder what the hell I was thinking.

I was able to see that late one night as a young kid on HBO that leaked into our T.V. signal.

Needless to say I was petrified.

I saw it last month on cable, and realized it was a laugh fest to me now, but at that moment when I was a kid.

Scared the crapola out of me.

Speaking of laugh fests..

anyone like

Re-animator?

ohh.. and on the OT post.

Both Amityville, and Exorsists.. left marks on me

I read Amityville as a kid, and was more then terrified, it was based on true events, and I really felt a chill when I read it.(especially that scene when it said "Geeeht.. Oouutt"

Same with the Exorsist book, as I read it it seemed as I read the book.

I felt the Evil in the book was palpable..

But that was just me, a stoned kid reading in the dark..

Or was it?..... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

king of laugh fests..anyone like Re-animator?

Hard not to like it. Definitely a hoot!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same with the Exorsist book, as I read it it seemed as I read the book.

I agree the book was actually more "powerful" than the film. My favorite part in the book, which was made less dramatic in the film, was when Merrin arrived at the house. In the movie the shouts were barely recognizable. In the book that scene was made VERY intense! Nice observation.

Pov, for me in the book.

When mom heard [!@#%^&^] going on upstairs..

And knew it was not her daughter.

I almost stopped reading.

I mean.

Game over man..

game over

But I had to finnish it.

then re read it

Has anyone see The Church?

This is a very obsure B movie horror flick which could of been a masterpiece

the only sad part was the laughable make-up jobs done.

The Church

Sometimes the B Movies make me squirm, as well like in one of my favorite B's

Evil Dead II where Ash just chopped of his girlfriends head and stuck it in a vice

while the demon takes over the head and says that he (the demon) is now tormenting

his dead girlfreind in HELL!

Any movie you wont see a second time because they either scared you to much or weirded you out beyond anything?

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (original version)...i will not see that again, Leather face was just a little to insane for me! insane.gif

i thought that movie was REALLY bad, horrible! confused.gif the omen 2 scared me for awhile too, like months. shy.gif

it was bad...but in a freaky deaky way! crazy.gif

I agree that TCM is a very overrated 'horror' film. I saw it again recently, in advance of seeing the (boring and redundant) remake, and *still* didn't get it. I was trying to like it, or find anything redeeming about it, and I couldn't. This is coming from someone who has seen "2,000 Maniacs" more than once and went to a revival of "The Tingler" where they wired the seats w/electricity just like Wm. Castle did when it first appeared in theaters...!

As for movies I don't feel any need to see again - not because they scared me too much but because they just had some disturbing imagery that your brain really only needs to process once - I would include:

"May"

and

"The Bun Man" (aka "True Story" - a Korean gorefest)

and went to a revival of "The Tingler" where they wired the seats w/electricity just like Wm. Castle did when it first appeared in theaters...!

Actually, Castle fixed the seats with vibrating motors, not electricity! grin.gif

But how long ago was this and WHERE? Love THE TINGLER!!!!!!

Pov.

For all that is sacred and good.

Take down that Avatar.

I cant keep looking at it.

It is painful.

I beg you.

Put up anything else.

please

Now I am not saying you are not a good looking man.

But you just had a bad hair day that day.

And it makes me as queasy as you felt when that photo was taken, to be forced to see it on every post you make.

So please.

please.

give me a new ava to look at.

please!

Heck. I will even come over and shoot a new photo of you, and we can use filters and photo shop to make you look like Brad Pitt.

J/k pov..

but please change it

My daughter sees this sometimes..lol

Heck. I will even come over and shoot a new photo of you, and we can use filters and photo shop to make you look like Brad Pitt.

Now THAT would be scary!

I will be removing the avatar after a bit but will keep it up as a simple example to the folks who have yet to post their pics to just do so. I figure if I can make that face knowing it would hit the boards, and then mock it even more with my avatar, that maybe a few more folks will see it is really rather painles and can be a lot of fun! grin.gif

But also - use this as a young'un learning tool. She should gorw up appreciating the way we all look, neh? smile.gif