• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT - Scariest Movie Moment

280 posts in this topic

Did someone already mention Gigli?

Now that is a horrific movie...

27_laughing.gif

you actually watched that?

I know that Rob will critize me for this, but I thought the Americna version of The Ring was much better than Ringu. Ringu just didn't seem scary, but The Ring was pretty freaky. I did see The Ring before Ringu though, so I don't know if that made a difference.

I bet it made a big difference. It's a very Lovecraftian story- the fear in it is "fear of the unknown" so once the unknown is known there'd be less to fear.

I've heard good things about the American version. I'll have to see it one of these days.

I'd be interested to hear what you think about it. The Ring obviously had better production value, but I thought the images were much more disturbing than in Ringu.

The Ring was pretty freaky to me, once you got past the "I'll call you on the phone and say you have seven days" foreheadslap.gif The imagery reminds me of the demented Silent Hill game series...the only game that has scared the [!@#%^&^] out of me!

The Ring was pretty freaky to me, once you got past the "I'll call you on the phone and say you have seven days" foreheadslap.gif The imagery reminds me of the demented Silent Hill game series...the only game that has scared the [!@#%^&^] out of me!

Play "Undying" for the PC....in the dark, with the speaker volume up... that one will scare you! thumbsup2.gif

The funny thing about this movie was the first time I ever saw it, My wife and I

bought it and watched it on DVD at home...

When the second or third "Seven Day" phone call was placed in the movie my phone actually rang and my wife jumped and spilled soda all in my lap.

It was my mother in law and in seven days she was coming for a visit.

Quite ironic, eh? heh heh. grin.gif

What's really disturbing is the fact that Zeman mentioned "The Keep" as one of the worst....I almost mentioned it as one of the creepiest. We have to talk, dude. confused-smiley-013.gif

What's really disturbing is the fact that Zeman mentioned "The Keep" as one of the worst....I almost mentioned it as one of the creepiest. We have to talk, dude. confused-smiley-013.gif

well.

in defense of the movie,

I have to admit.

I saw it for the first time last month.

And did not see most of the first half.

Only saw the last part with the Latex wearing uber being , and some really awful overacting by Scott Glenn? and another classic trained actor, and some pretty cheesy special effects., needless to say I kinda came in after the build up was well over

So I will gladly go with your take on it, before my own half baked one.

Consider my remarks off the cuff.

.as I said, I can think of a million Bad horror movies..(but even then I sometimes like the bad ones better)

Overall I liked THE KEEP. I saw it a few months ago on cable and, for some reason, grew more restless with it on that watching - hadn;t seen it in a few years and my last viewing I liked it a lot. ANyway, Tivo got it and I had room so I kept it Ticoized and watched it again a week or so later and liked it again.

You wanna know whats really scarey...I just came to to this thread with 666 views on it! 893whatthe.gif

You wanna know whats really scarey...I just came to to this thread with 666 views on it! 893whatthe.gif

To quote Stan Lee - "'Nuff Said!" 27_laughing.gif

PS - you are obviously doomed! 893whatthe.gif

shocked.gif

To quote Stan Lee - "'Nuff Said!" 27_laughing.gif

PS - you are obviously doomed! 893whatthe.gif

shocked.gif

sorry.gif

Yes. Truth often is sorry.gif!

grin.gif

I was planning on going to bed, but now.... tonofbricks.gif

The imagery reminds me of the demented Silent Hill game series...the only game that has scared the [!@#%^&^] out of me!

Silent Hill is, without a doubt, the scariest video game I've ever played. I'd play in on Friday nights with the lights turned off. I eventually learned that, although I was in my late 20's, before I tried going to sleep, I'd have to stop playing that and play either a fighting, wrestling, or racing game so I could get to sleep later on.

I am so there, man. Silent Hill is a total creep fest. I had to double up on my blood pressure medication. Silent Hill 2 is the only reason I ever considered buying a PS2, but haven't up till now. Those little creepy ghost things.....ngghhh!

Also, re: THE KEEP. I also have to admit that it's been a long time since I saw it. I remember that kind of eerie soundtrack by Tangerine Dream (?) was it ?, and also the way the uber being slowly coagulated together through the movie, which idea they replicated in THE MUMMY.

I will try to hunt it down, watch it and give it a new appraisal. Still think I'll like it. Hey, it's got Nazi's getting sliced and diced by an uber-being....what's not to like? insane.gif

The imagery reminds me of the demented Silent Hill game series...the only game that has scared the [!@#%^&^] out of me!

Silent Hill is, without a doubt, the scariest video game I've ever played. I'd play in on Friday nights with the lights turned off. I eventually learned that, although I was in my late 20's, before I tried going to sleep, I'd have to stop playing that and play either a fighting, wrestling, or racing game so I could get to sleep later on.

I rented Silent Hill 2 and tried playing it. Had the lights out and everything. Scared the [!@#%^&^] out of me so I quit playing....

On a related note I was over at my friends one night and he was playing Resident Evil: Code Veronica (?), we were all drinking and when the zombie dogs jumped out from beneath the porch in one scene, every one of us pulled our feet up to whatever we were sitting in....moral of the story: never mix beer, darkness and scary video games....

Your right about I Spit on your Grave- Intense & Exploitative,saw it quite a few years ago. But for a disturbing film -Henry ,Portrait of a Serial Killer.A friend & I watched it some years ago, after the film we discussed how Cold it was ,it was done in a documentry style .Critics loved it for it's realism ,not a film for everyone that's for sure!!!

When I was in college, the student center showed a bizarre double feature one Saturday night - "Henry, Portrait of a Serial Killer", followed by "A Clockwork Orange". For some reason, there wasn't much light-hearted conversation as people were leaving. smile.gif

Is it true thatt he studio wasn't able to release "Henry" to theaters for 7 years after it was originally done? I seem to remember reading something to that effect in the listing for the movie back then.

On a related note I was over at my friends one night and he was playing Resident Evil: Code Veronica (?), we were all drinking and when the zombie dogs jumped out from beneath the porch in one scene, every one of us pulled our feet up to whatever we were sitting in....moral of the story: never mix beer, darkness and scary video games....

That sounds like the first time I played Resident Evil 3. I was following a FAQ, and was going along fine. I was in the police station and had gone upstairs, done everything, and was heading back down the stairs. My FAQ somehow failed to mention that Nemesis comes crashing through the window while you're on the way down the stairs!

I jumped out of my chair, yelled "Holy [!@#%^&^]!!", dropped my controller, and jumped back from the TV. I was completely caught off-guard! smile.gif I quickly grabbed the controller, and hit the Start button to pause the game, but my God that startled me! smile.gif

Silent Hill is still the scariest game (long-term) that I've ever played. When you're walking along and your radio starts crackling and you hear either wings flapping or footsteps, but you can't see anything yet... Whew!