• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic books on bookshelves. Solutions?

78 posts in this topic

I slice off the top to fit them on the shelf. To me they don't look bad and plus when they are in the shelf you cannot see the top. Later on I found that I can fit them uncut on the top shelf in my closet. Here's a picture of them both side by side.

117998.jpg.72fa470f2e6b5bb61573d3ab3408e08e.jpg

117999.jpg.34aee31d6eecac541725543307d6250f.jpg

You can go to Office Depot and get six Magazine boxes for 13.00

Example holds roughly 50 comics.

comicstore3.jpg

Show off.

:cry:

:foryou:

Hey Oakman,

Roughly how many comics do you have set up like that? Do you have overflow in boxes?

Waylander

I slice off the top to fit them on the shelf.

117999.jpg

This is the way to go, before I had my custom made cabinet, the magazine storage boxes were a tad too tall, so I trimmed them as well, takes 30 seconds and is very easy.

Once I got the cabinet, trimming wasn't necessary anymore, but I did have about 30 trimmed boxes.

Because of the way I'm filming these you can just make out now and then if there is a "trimmed" one in there. But when viewing them normally or even sliding the box almost out to get at a comic, you can't really tell.

Wow Chromium ,

Now that's just showing off - and why not - it looks AWESOME!!!

(worship)

To be honest I wasn't happy with some of the labels that showed too much white, so I redid them :

118000.jpg

118004.jpg

118005.jpg

118006.jpg

118007.jpg

118008.jpg

118002.jpg

118003.jpg

You can go to Office Depot and get six Magazine boxes for 13.00

Example holds roughly 50 comics.

comicstore3.jpg

Show off.

:cry:

:foryou:

Hey Oakman,

Roughly how many comics do you have set up like that? Do you have overflow in boxes?

Waylander

I do have only two short boxes of complete modern runs in the closet.

Wow Chromium ,

Now that's just showing off - and why not - it looks AWESOME!!!

(worship)

To be honest I wasn't happy with some of the labels that showed too much white, so I redid them :

Waylander I tailored my set up to be just like Allens here,though I must admit that I have yet to get the fronts labeled. Allens set up is the coolest,and just had to have it. (worship)

I have four cabinets with 5 shelves per cabinet.

IMG00388-20110402-2035.jpg

I never get tired of looking at that video.

I slice off the top to fit them on the shelf.

117999.jpg

This is the way to go, before I had my custom made cabinet, the magazine storage boxes were a tad too tall, so I trimmed them as well, takes 30 seconds and is very easy.

Once I got the cabinet, trimming wasn't necessary anymore, but I did have about 30 trimmed boxes.

Because of the way I'm filming these you can just make out now and then if there is a "trimmed" one in there. But when viewing them normally or even sliding the box almost out to get at a comic, you can't really tell.