• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you do, Part the Second...

1,096 posts in this topic

Remember, in the early days of the internet, "out of stock" was so common, it was actually costing business millions and millions of dollars in lost business.

In those early days, eBay was exceptionally aggressive in making sure people only offered for sale items they HAD.

Now, of course, the model has flipped, and they want to be Amazon, so they turn a blind eye to "not in stock", especially to sellers who list thousands of items.

But the policy remains in effect.

So, it looks like I have two choices, ignore mikenyc completely from now on or take him off ignore, leave the passive aggressive by the roadside, and go at him full force.

Whatever shall I choose? hm

I'm tempted to make him an offer. If he ignores RMA completely from now on, I'll ignore him completely from now on. I don't think he's willing to do that. I don't think he's capable of doing that.

:lol: Really, I'm so sorry. I didn't realize, please continue.

Sometimes its hard to be a woman

Giving all your love to just one man

You'll have bad times

And he'll have good times

Doing things that you don't understand

But if you love him you'll forgive him

Even though he's hard to understand

And if you love him

Oh be proud of him

'Cause after all he's just a man

Stand by your man

Give him two arms to cling to

And something warm to come to

When nights are cold and lonely

Stand by your man

And tell the world you love him

Keep giving all the love you can

Stand by your man

Stand by your man

And show the world you love him

Keep giving all the love you can

Stand by your man

You really, truly don't understand that the mods and board rules protect you, do you?

You have no idea how you would be shredded if "anything went", do you?

Oh, you poor, sad, naive little boy.

:lol:

Is Jeffro your inferior shill?

Also, what would you do? Type harder? Your life has become so intertwined with these boards, or really with Internet boards in general, you fail to see that the threat of "shredding" is laughable. Now before I get a strike for continuing, and you break your finger hitting the notify button, I'll stop.

Lastly, how about you get your poodle to stop yapping in my direction, and we'll continue on our merry way. (thumbs u

You have no idea.

You've given up so much personal information about yourself that any relatively intelligent person could reduce you to a quivering puddle of pain using that information against you; it would be a cakewalk.

You should thank two things: personal ethics, and this board's moderation policies.

Do not forget that.

As for "hitting the notify button"...you think very highly of yourself, don't you....?

You're bordering dangerously close to a threat RMA. I'm trying hard RMA. I know what you want RMA. You should stop now RMA.

I'm not anywhere near a "threat", mikenyc. You're hardly worth it.

I'm informing of you of what COULD be, and why you should be thankful instead for what IS. In light of that, maybe you should think about the things you say to people, and the way you say them.

It is, after all, the season of Thanksgiving.

Here's the difference between you and me. This is the first Internet board I have ever been a part of. I have never been exposed to particular people who mostly interact through the computer.

I am perceiving what you are saying as a threat. In the real world, the one I inhabit daily, this would not be ok. I will say this. In my eyes this has surpassed a back and forth and you are making it personal.

Have you lost your mind? What, precisely, do you think you've been doing since you got here?

Personal attacks, personal attacks, personal attacks. That's all you've been doing. And not just to me, though I can certainly handle it. You've done it to others, too.

You called Jeffro my "bottom b****", thereby not only breaking the board rules by bypassing the censor, but using a gay slang expression about a STRAIGHT MAN, a STRANGER no less...?

You have made constant references to perverse sexual acts like "fisting", and suggesting the people you're sparring with should either do it, or are doing it.

You have implied that STRAIGHT MEN are "bottoms" and "tops", which is slang for particular gay sexual positions.

You have said things to STRAIGHT MEN that, in the real world, would have gotten you laid out flat.

If ANYONE can be called an "internet bully", it is mikenyc. That may be "cool" amongst your friends in "real life", but here's your clue: it ain't cool to do that to strangers on the internet.

And you have the audacity to tell ME that NOW it's personal?

Your perspective is WHACK, son.

By insinuating that the information I have shared on this board, about my family, career or whatever, would be used against me, is a threat.

Yes, it would be, if someone said they were going to do that.

But, you see, no one has.

Because, unlike you, many of us abide not only by the board's rules, but ALSO have a code of ethics that prevents comments like the ones you've made.

I don't care about a strike of anything else. You do not want to make this personal. We bust balls, on a website, and that's fine.

You think the vicious, intensely personal venom you've spewed is "busting balls"...?

Are you insane?

Don't threaten me RMA and don't make it personal. I will place you on ignore as I have in the past, and I suggest you do the same. This is no longer a game for me.

Thank you for ruining an otherwise positive experience for me.

Then DO IT, be a MAN, and do what you've said you will do already.

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread but I just listed over 40 no reserve auctions on eBay.

eBay auctions

What's your "return/out of stock/we fudged up and won't admit it" policy?

That's just crazy talk, why would anyone make an effort to understand someone's policies prior to ordering from them.

:screwy:

Twice.

:baiting:

Yo. Bababooey: when listing on eBay, eBay's policies TRUMP any sellers'.

That's why any seller who says "no returns" is asking for trouble, because eBay's policy ALLOWS returns, period.

That's why any seller who says "If you leave me negative feedback, I'll leave you negative feedback" is asking for trouble, because eBay's policy does not allow sellers to leave negative feedback.

And....that's why Lonestar cannot have a "fill percentage" less than 100% because...watch me now...that's what eBay policy requires.

It's INCREDIBLY simple: if you cannot...or will not...get the item you are selling to your customer within 30 days, you ARE NOT allowed...by eBay policy..to list it for sale.

Why can't you understand this?

What is so difficult about this concept that you can't get beyond this?

Huh?

You're obsessed with Lonestar's policy...which is fine, and were that the only concern, you'd be 100% correct.

But on eBay, their policy trumps Lonestar's.

And nobody else who has posted in this thread has not understood that except you.

Why?

The ebay policy you pin your hopes on is based on whether or not it is "within their control" - my understanding of that phrase differs from yours. That's all.

And...again...not a single person who has posted in this thread agrees with your "understanding."

Let me spell it out for you:

If I sell an item, and I send out the WRONG item, but the CORRECT item is still sitting in my inventory, then the CORRECT item is...by definition of the phrase "in inventory", WITHIN MY CONTROL.

My understanding is that human error is part of doing business, was it correctable by them yes, as per ebay by issuing a credit (which is only allowable if you agree with my understanding of 'within their control')

According to your "rules" and preference, receiving the book you ordered was your ONLY acceptable resolution & I didn't get the impression they or you knew that the book was actually in inventory until after the ebay transaction was completed. If they didn't know they had it, how can you say it's within their control?

Really...?

By going to the shelf/box/inventory control system and LOOKING.

It took all of 20 seconds after MCS said "sorry, not our policy" to check their website and see if the item was "in inventory" THERE. Once I actually RECEIVED the book several days later, I knew that it was never NOT "within their control."

Afterward, you went off ebay & purchased direct and you wanted a goodwill credit of the freight.

Um. It's not a "goodwill credit." I'd already PAID for the shipping of this particular book. I wasn't asking for a "freebie." I was asking for what I was DUE.

I agree with you that the service could have been better & you should have gotten what you wanted but you are in denial if you are saying that this was a surprise.

Pardon me. I really don't mean to be rude. But NOW what are you talking about?

You engaged them three times over the two transactions & you ordered from them on ebay even though you felt their 'fill %' thing wasn't correct.

I think you mean "from their website."

It was the SAME transaction. It wasn't two SEPARATE transactions TO ME.

It's not that I'm not understanding anything I am simply disagreeing with you & when you press back or simply ignore a reasonable response, I simply respond by digging in my own heels a bit further & maybe pick things apart more than necessary, that's when I go after your motives & tactics.

Are you paying attention to anything OTHERS have been saying to you, too?

You aren't making a "reasonable response."

The item was not sent, even though they had it, in contravention of eBay policy.

There is no personal dislike for you that is the impetus for disagreeing with you - if you look back on this thread; take a look at Chuck's response that you quoted before Conan posted. Suggesting PM'ing Conan for assistance - well that's based on his own experience or hearsay - but someone else WAS helped in the past from here.

Not relevant.

Is this thread making it more likely for someone like Conan to help others that he can help from the CGC boards? Probably not, he gets his share of both good and bad "press" here in CG, likely more bad than good.

Not relevant.

I understand you have a point you wish to make, it is fine for you to do that if you feel a need to make their enforcement of their stated policy as widely known as you like as long as all the details are laid out for people to make their own decision.

Right...and everyone but you sees the logical, legal answer.

Why can't you?

lol

Because I choose not to. :whee:

What was your exchange like with the girl in their customer service department - last time you 'recapped' it I shot it full of holes like James Caan at the toll booth.

I wonder what Frank Miller would think of all of this.
He told me that "those communists pigs" don't let the little guy come up..

:grin:

That hippie disguise that Miller wore for years probably fooled a lot of people...

These days it looks like he's dressing like a squatter.

frank_miller_2202476.jpg

What was your exchange like with the girl in their customer service department - last time you 'recapped' it I shot it full of holes like James Caan at the toll booth.

You don't know about my "exchange with the girl in their customer service dept., because I haven't shared it yet.

Nice try, Jimmy.

You don't know about my "exchange with the girl in their customer service dept., because I haven't shared it yet.

Nice try, Jimmy.

Did you make her cry? You aren't trying if you can't make some hourly workers day miserable over less than $3.00. Who is tracking points for this - "Cry + stress leave" is 5 more points than just a straight cry - plus it's more fun fun FUN!!!!

C'mon give us all the dirt Mr. Manners. I want YOU to make me belieeeeve your side of things!

:taptaptap:

Nice try, Jimmy.

Did you make her cry? You aren't trying if you can't make some hourly workers day miserable over less than $3.00. Who is tracking points for this - "Cry + stress leave" is 5 more points than just a straight cry - plus it's more fun fun FUN!!!!

C'mon give us all the dirt Mr. Manners. I want YOU to make me belieeeeve your side of things!

You are clearly not firing on all cylinders.

(thumbs u

That hippie disguise that Miller wore for years probably fooled a lot of people...

frank_miller_2202476.jpg

He looks like a vampire...

frank_miller_2202476.jpg

He looks like a vampire...

And his teeth....

:sick:

Nice try, Jimmy.

I was the one that told him about Penny.. My bad..

Nice try, Jimmy.

You are clearly not firing on all cylinders.

(thumbs u

At this hour, absolutely not. lol

So, what happened when you spoke to this employee who is far less powerful than the son of the owner who could would do nothing for you?

:popcorn: