• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you do, Part the Second...

1,096 posts in this topic

That must have been your largest quote-fest. Ever.

I smell points, too.

That's the only reason I'm posting in the thread.

I'm trying to prevent him from making three consecutive posts, thus causing the thread to automatically lock.

What happens if someone says "DiceX, DiceX, DiceX" ten times in the mirror...?

:ohnoez:

Holy mother of G-d.

Okay, new policy; "If you happen to be that one out of 200 for whom we have delivered the wrong book, we will do whatever it takes to rectify the problem."

There.

And RMA, dude, no one is reading all that. You are especially obligated to drop a few tl;dr executive summaries in there, especially if you're going to be taking up all those pixels

You totally missed the nekkid pix of Kelly Brook RMA posted right in the middle of that

"Sherman's March to the Sea" he called a post...it was awesome, but you had to read it all to see the pix...kind of like that magic painting with the sailboat hidden inside.

I smell points, too.

I'm trying to prevent him from making three consecutive posts, thus causing the thread to automatically lock.

:ohnoez:

Who wants to be the Guinea pig and try it? :devil:

See, here's the real issue.

And please understand that I'm illustrating a point, not bragging.

I spend thousands of dollars a year on comic book back issues.

Since 2000, I've spent $175,000 on comics through Paypal. Just comics.

And that doesn't include cons or LCS purchases.

I spent $3,500 at SD this year.

And was it on books like Fantasy 15, or Detective #34?

Nope.

I buy the drek no one else wants. 80's and 90's and 00's garbage. Variants. Valiant. Signed & #'d Hardcovers. Stuff that *I* like, but that most people think is a complete waste of time.

I spent $3,500 at SD on stuff that probably no one else would have bought. That's not a lot compared to the Gold and Silver Age markets, but it is one HELL of a lot in the 80's-00's market.

So why make an issue over $1.20? Makes no sense.

Booster has it 100% on the nose. Chasing away good customers with dumb policies and inflexibility.

Oh, and Lonestar is HARDLY the bastion of cheap priced books.

I buy the drek no one else wants.

You just described my entire inventory when I was a show seller in the 80's and 90's...which is probably why I still have it all in storage.

Where were you when I NEEDED you?! :frustrated:

Holy mother of G-d.

Okay, new policy; "If you happen to be that one out of 200 for whom we have delivered the wrong book, we will do whatever it takes to rectify the problem."

There.

And RMA, dude, no one is reading all that. You are especially obligated to drop a few tl;dr executive summaries in there, especially if you're going to be taking up all those pixels

You totally missed the nekkid pix of Kelly Brook RMA posted right in the middle of that

"Sherman's March to the Sea" he called a post...it was awesome, but you had to read it all to see the pix...kind of like that magic painting with the sailboat hidden inside.

stereogrambird2.jpg

Holy mother of G-d.

There.

stereogrambird2.jpg

She's hot. :blush:

Holy mother of G-d.

There.

RMA is paid by the word. He's rich.

I smell points, too.

You get a face-full of X-force/young blood drek.

I will continue to be a faithful Lonestar customer.

That's the best kind to be it seems. You'll get everything you order, in this shipment or one sometime in the future. lol

doh!

What are we talking about here, $10? Max?

Not worth either the time or the aggravation. Yes, the dealer screwed you. Chalk it up to poor customer service and move on to somebody who won't do that. Life is too short to worry about - essentially - triviata.

Yes, but would you leave feedback, and if so, what kind?

Definitely negative feedback. That's what it's there for.

I will continue to be a faithful Lonestar customer.

That's the best kind to be it seems. You'll get everything you order, in this shipment or one sometime in the future. lol

Still can't resist. I tell you, I'm like sweet, sweet honey to them....

:cloud9:

In business, "beyond your control" is relative as to how the business defines their processes; it can relate to systemic issues, human error etc..etc.. with the resolution of reimbursement clearly stated as acceptable solution IN the link you provided. You acknowledge an error was made when filling the error, stopping that error was "beyond their control".

If you run into an inventory problem that's beyond your control, you're still responsible for letting the buyer know when the item will be available or issuing a refund for the full amount immediately.

:whee:

:gossip: You're going to hurt yourself with those semantical gymnastics...

Since they had the issue, and subsequently shipped the issue, it clearly was not "beyond their control" to ship the issue in the first place by any reaosnable definition of "beyond their control."

Again...nice try.

If we know that a book is out of stock we notify the buyer before shipping and the buyer is not charged for that item. That's not what happened here. I believe what happened in this case, was: RMA ordered a 5th printing. Our employee who was pulling the comics from where they're filed, pulled a 1st printing rather than a 5th printing. I don't know if it's because a 1st printing book was improperly filed as a 5th printing, or because the employee pulling the comic mistakenly pulled from the 1st printing group rather than the 5th printing group. We then thought we were shipping RMA a 5th printing, but it actually wasn't the 5th.

You haven't answered a key question, we saw Conan's new disclaimer. Were you aware that they had a 'fill percentage' notification on the listing or did you ignore it based on your knowledge (interpretation) of Ebay's policy? That's what you aren't addressing. If you saw an "ebay acceptable" fill percentage then you have no reasoning to give negative feedback.

Your expectations seem high for a customer who is knowlingly using the services of someone running a high volume, low margin business - that's the only point I was trying to make. I'm all for good customer service when it is reasonable. If expectations are unreasonable...policies protect the bottom line - certainly having someone like Conan involved in a dispute over two dollars is a bit :screwy:

In business, "beyond your control" is relative as to how the business defines their processes; it can relate to systemic issues, human error etc..etc.. with the resolution of reimbursement clearly stated as acceptable solution IN the link you provided. You acknowledge an error was made when filling the error, stopping that error was "beyond their control".

If you run into an inventory problem that's beyond your control, you're still responsible for letting the buyer know when the item will be available or issuing a refund for the full amount immediately.

:whee:

:gossip: You're going to hurt yourself with those semantical gymnastics...

Since they had the issue, and subsequently shipped the issue, it clearly was not "beyond their control" to ship the issue in the first place by any reaosnable definition of "beyond their control."

Again...nice try.

If we know that a book is out of stock we notify the buyer before shipping and the buyer is not charged for that item. That's not what happened here. I believe what happened in this case, was: RMA ordered a 5th printing. Our employee who was pulling the comics from where they're filed, pulled a 1st printing rather than a 5th printing. I don't know if it's because a 1st printing book was improperly filed as a 5th printing, or because the employee pulling the comic mistakenly pulled from the 1st printing group rather than the 5th printing group. We then thought we were shipping RMA a 5th printing, but it actually wasn't the 5th.

You haven't answered a key question, we saw Conan's new disclaimer. Were you aware that they had a 'fill percentage' notification on the listing or did you ignore it based on your knowledge (interpretation) of Ebay's policy?

You are stretching the language beyond repair.

You can play your silly word games all you want, but no reasonable person, anywhere, will agree with you.

Therefore, all your subsequent "arguments" based on that premise fail.

AGAIN. NICE. TRY. YOU. FAIL.

That's what you aren't addressing. If you saw an "ebay acceptable" fill percentage then you have no reasoning to give negative feedback.

Your expectations seem high for a customer who is knowlingly using the services of someone running a high volume, low margin business - that's the only point I was trying to make. I'm all for good customer service when it is reasonable. If expectations are unreasonable...policies protect the bottom line - certainly having someone like Conan involved in a dispute over two dollars is a bit :screwy:

Seriously, is there something wrong with you that you come up with these cockamamie theories, and then get all upset when no one buys into them?

Lonestar had the book. Lonestar shipped out the wrong book. They should have shipped out the right book. One more time: Lonestar had the book.

SIMPLE.

"Someone like Conan"...? Who's Conan? Just some guy selling comic books.

And I didn't involve Conan. Conan involved Conan.

(thumbs u

If you saw an "ebay acceptable" fill percentage then you have no reasoning to give negative feedback.

Not to interrupt your conversation with RMA, but there's no such thing.

On Ebay you can't list something for sale that you don't actually have in inventory, period.

So much like the quad-ricorn and Fingh's Canadian girlfriend in high school...the underlying assertion doesn't exist on this plane of reality.

If you saw an "ebay acceptable" fill percentage then you have no reasoning to give negative feedback.

On Ebay you can't list something for sale that you don't actually have in inventory, period.

So much like the quad-ricorn and Fingh's Canadian girlfriend in high school...the underlying assertion doesn't exist on this plane of reality.

:lol:

She was actually from the Niagra Falls region.

:lol:

She was actually from the Niagra Falls region.

NIAGARA FALLS!

SLOWLY I TURNED...