• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What would you do, Part the Second...

1,096 posts in this topic

If you saw an "ebay acceptable" fill percentage then you have no reasoning to give negative feedback.

Not to interrupt your conversation with RMA, but there's no such thing.

On Ebay you can't list something for sale that you don't actually have in inventory, period.

So much like the quad-ricorn and Fingh's Canadian girlfriend in high school...the underlying assertion doesn't exist on this plane of reality.

:lol:

She was actually from the Niagra Falls region.

NIAGARA FALLS!

SLOWLY I TURNED...

128858926858331763.jpg

If you saw an "ebay acceptable" fill percentage then you have no reasoning to give negative feedback.

On Ebay you can't list something for sale that you don't actually have in inventory, period.

So much like the quad-ricorn and Fingh's Canadian girlfriend in high school...the underlying assertion doesn't exist on this plane of reality.

Not only that, he's missing the point entirely. It wasn't that Lonestar COULDN'T fill the order...it's that they WOULDN'T.

How about, whenever possible, regarding transactions as not just business but instead relationships, albeit at a distance, between human beings?
That may be the way they do it in Small Town Ontario. :baiting:

And big town Ontario as well. :taptaptap:

Not only that, he's missing the point entirely. It wasn't that Lonestar COULDN'T fill the order...it's that they WOULDN'T.

You are incorrigible. lol

I'm not playing a silly word game.

You bought from them knowing they had a fill percentage shown on the listing (regardless of whether you feel it is 'ebay legal' or not) and your personal definition of 'beyond our control' is unrealistic as it demands perfection.

The transaction was completed, a book was missed & credit was issued - ( :cry: "I wanted the book not the credit") The book being "missed" (was available in inventory) renders the arguments made about not listing goods you don't have in inventory moot. They had the book & the fill percentage is there to cover them for human error, systemic issues etc.. that are 'beyond their control" to prevent - systemic error could include them listing the book as on hand when it's not - the ebay acceptable solution is to issue a credit when the error was beyond their control.

Your issue with them is not either transaction, you are looking for a goodwill credit (which is fine) but they can choose to deny it. I understand your point & the point of others - sure, he could have taken steps to make you a happy customer but there's nothing they've done that isn't defined & you are seeking a good will gesture.

:whatev:

You bought from them knowing they had a fill percentage shown on the listing (regardless of whether you feel it is 'ebay legal' or not) and your personal definition of 'beyond our control' is unrealistic as it demands perfection.

The transaction was completed, a book was missed & credit was issued - ( :cry: "I wanted the book not the credit") The book being "missed" (was available in inventory) renders the arguments made about not listing goods you don't have in inventory moot. They had the book & the fill percentage is there to cover them for human error, systemic issues etc.. that are 'beyond their control" to prevent - systemic error could include them listing the book as on hand when it's not - the ebay acceptable solution is to issue a credit when the error was beyond their control.

Your issue with them is not either transaction, you are looking for a goodwill credit (which is fine) but they can choose to deny it. I understand your point & the point of others - sure, he could have taken steps to make you a happy customer but there's nothing they've done that isn't defined & you are seeking a good will gesture.

Lord, just stop.

I know you have feelings for me, but this is just too much. Your logic is like angel hair pasta covered in olive oil on a bed of greased spider monkeys.

Seriously, just stop.

Well let's get one thing straight. The only Canadian girlfriend Fingh has is when his eyes are closed. Just because he bumps into a woman at chest level does not mean she's his girlfriend.

I pride myself on seeing many points of view. Every time you post I fail. ???

Sad to hear this was mycomicshop. I have loved the service so far and Conan in particular has always gone above and beyond.

The philosophy in my years in manufacturing was always to try and minimize costs due to error. It was always an uphill battle that was never won. I'm sure that there was a very slight overhead cost associated with the errors. In fact I padded the numbers in the budget to specifically account for this. I understand the logic of trying to keep costs low but when you charge customers for your mistakes then where is the incentive to reduce your mistakes? As a company you also lose the knowledge of the true cost of those mistakes. Knowledge being power and all that jazz.

I recently received 2 comics purchased as NM/M. I asked for a refund. I was offered a full refund if I paid return shipping. To prove delivery of the comics it would cost me $18. Purchase cost was $22 and the seller paid $6 shipping. So if I accepted the return he would have the books back and be out $6 while I would be out $18.

I understand his business model. High volume seller that spends no time actually grading ( or very little) and hopes for the best. Fine and that works for a lot of sellers but when you sell something not as described then you need to pay for the error. Not push the error on the customer. Grading is only subjective to a point. rantrant

zzz

What, he's not worthy of your logic pretzel making...? You must not like him as much.

zzz

(Nice deletion. Too slow, though.)

I deleted it because it fell after his other more thoughtful post not the one mocking me. Glad you saved it for me I would hate for that to have been lost forever.

I can't talk to you about deleted posts now, I need to go to the sales forum and see if anyone has 25 Cap Reborn #1. :whistle:

zzz

What, he's not worthy of your logic pretzel making...? You must not like him as much.

zzz

(Nice deletion. Too slow, though.)

I deleted it because it fell after his other more thoughtful post not the one mocking me. Glad you saved it for me I would hate for that to have been lost forever.

He wasn't mocking you.

He was dead serious.

Your logic utterly fails.

I can't talk to you about deleted posts now, I need to go to the sales forum and see if anyone has 25 Cap Reborn #1. :whistle:

Ooo...betcha think that was a good one, dontcha...?

Don't you worry, though. It will be reappearing in the proper place, at the proper time.

Bet you wish you were smart enough to save it, huh...?

Hi guys, one last post before bed.

Regarding the text I added to our eBay listing, my intention was to insure that future customers will be as informed as possible about our policies before ordering. I mentioned it in this thread as an aside to point out something I was clarifying for future customers, not as anything that had retroactive bearing on RMA's issue.

The text of our return policy is relevant. The return policy says:

Any item may be returned if damaged, incorrectly graded, or the wrong item was sent. Return authorization is required, and a return must be requested within 14 days of delivery. We may be reached at (817) 860-7827 (M-F 9AM-5PM CST) or by messaging us through eBay (eBay no longer allows sellers to include their email address in item listings). We'll issue a full refund plus compensation for basic ground shipping costs for your return. Unauthorized returns will not be compensated for shipping. CGC graded comics are not returnable.

In RMA's case, we did what our return policy says we do in the event that a wrong item is sent: we issued a full refund. I believe the only disagreement is that RMA feels the appropriate resolution is for us to send a replacement rather than issuing a refund. As I stated previously, our reason as a company for choosing our current policy is to help contain costs. If you think that's insufficient justification, that's your right. I'm not here to debate it.

To Comix4fun: Sounds like I need to clarify my role a little bit. I'm the lead developer for our business and also head up our consignment service. I post because I like the community on the boards and think it's good for us to be able to directly communicate with the collectors on here. I can answer questions and take feedback and suggestions from you guys. I don't own the company and I don't set our policies. Buddy does. I'm sorry if my posting under the name "mycomicshop" has given you the wrong impression. I'm one of a team of people that designs and builds the systems that run our web site and our business. I talk with our customers and propose ideas and make suggestions based on their feedback, but Buddy's is the final say. If I hear about something where it sounds like we messed up and our procedures weren't properly followed, I'm happy to check up on it and see if I can help. But, if our procedures were properly followed and the customer doesn't like our policy, I cannot interfere and reverse our handling of the issue just because somebody posted a negative thread in Comics General. So when I say "this is our policy", I'm not stonewalling, hiding behind words, or pretending that a policy can't be changed. I'm telling you what our company policy is, and that it's not something I'm able to change personally.

Lord, just stop.

I know you have feelings for me, but this is just too much. Your logic is like angel hair pasta covered in olive oil on a bed of greased spider monkeys.

Seriously, just stop.

People are allowed to have their own opinions whether you agree with them or not.

Before I started working for myself (so, about 15 years ago now), I worked in customer service and sales for over 10 years.

The one thing that seems to have totally changed in that time is this fundamental; in the old days :preach: the first thing you were taught is that you needed to find out very early on in any transaction what exactly the customer wants. Then you figure out how to tailor the service to fit customer requirements. That way you give customer satisfaction, avoid errors/ returns and save the company money as no time is wasted.

It now seems that companies (generally the larger the company, the worse the problem), put out an offer with very rigid terms which (as part of the business plan), the customer can either take or leave. The advantage to the company is that they can do this with less employees, and they can use standardized documentation thereby cutting costs. Any customer drop off is (in theory) offset by cost savings.

That is why there is such universal frustration with banks, insurance providers, utility companies etc. It's no longer about the customer, it's about the company.

They will justify this policy by saying that cost savings are passed on to the customer in lower prices. Make your own judgement on that folks.

Oh, and in the interests of balance, my only transaction with MCS was fine. Not scientific I know, but true.

Hi guys, one last post before bed.

Regarding the text I added to our eBay listing, my intention was to insure that future customers will be as informed as possible about our policies before ordering. I mentioned it in this thread as an aside to point out something I was clarifying for future customers, not as anything that had retroactive bearing on RMA's issue.

The text of our return policy is relevant. The return policy says:

Any item may be returned if damaged, incorrectly graded, or the wrong item was sent. Return authorization is required, and a return must be requested within 14 days of delivery. We may be reached at (817) 860-7827 (M-F 9AM-5PM CST) or by messaging us through eBay (eBay no longer allows sellers to include their email address in item listings). We'll issue a full refund plus compensation for basic ground shipping costs for your return. Unauthorized returns will not be compensated for shipping. CGC graded comics are not returnable.

In RMA's case, we did what our return policy says we do in the event that a wrong item is sent: we issued a full refund. I believe the only disagreement is that RMA feels the appropriate resolution is for us to send a replacement rather than issuing a refund. As I stated previously, our reason as a company for choosing our current policy is to help contain costs. If you think that's insufficient justification, that's your right. I'm not here to debate it.

To Comix4fun: Sounds like I need to clarify my role a little bit. I'm the lead developer for our business and also head up our consignment service. I post because I like the community on the boards and think it's good for us to be able to directly communicate with the collectors on here. I can answer questions and take feedback and suggestions from you guys. I don't own the company and I don't set our policies. Buddy does. I'm sorry if my posting under the name "mycomicshop" has given you the wrong impression. I'm one of a team of people that designs and builds the systems that run our web site and our business. I talk with our customers and propose ideas and make suggestions based on their feedback, but Buddy's is the final say. If I hear about something where it sounds like we messed up and our procedures weren't properly followed, I'm happy to check up on it and see if I can help. But, if our procedures were properly followed and the customer doesn't like our policy, I cannot interfere and reverse our handling of the issue just because somebody posted a negative thread in Comics General. So when I say "this is our policy", I'm not stonewalling, hiding behind words, or pretending that a policy can't be changed. I'm telling you what our company policy is, and that it's not something I'm able to change personally.

I had an issue with MCS several months ago regarding an eBay transaction. I was not real pleased with the customer service I got when I called, which included speaking with "Buddy"...I came pretty close to losing my temper, which takes a lot for me to do...I think I might have even been banned (which is pretty funny actually). I've never bother testing to see if it were true.

I had a subsequent discussion with Conan, who was lovely to deal with. He wrote after I posted something on here and I spoke to him on the phone. The result was, that they changed some of their eBay text after our conversation.

My transaction was not huge, maybe $30+, but it was the first time I bought from them.

I actually looked a few times after our conversation and there were lots of books I would have been happy to bin, but I just thought it might be another hassle, Conan's statement about not "setting" the policy is significant. When he does set the policy, I'll be looking at their listings, for now, I skip them, end of story.

RMA, I feel your frustration. I'd rather spend my money with someone who treats customers as people. I believe that Conan will do that in the future...but HE does not set the policy now.