• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #14 CGC 9.2 WP (reduced) + Action #47 CGC 9.2 Rockford

22 posts in this topic

I'm going to start this off with one book, but I may add more yet...

Conditions:

1. Check, Money Order, or other, if agreed to in PM, accepted.

2. 1st unconditional :takeit: posted in the sales thread wins the book. :takeit: posted in the thread takes precedence over any PM sale that might be agreed to but not yet posted to the sales thread (i.e. if we agree to sale in PM, please post the :takeit: per PM in this sales thread, or ask me to, but until one of us do, a :takeit: posted in the thread takes precedence)

3. USA buyers: Priority shipping is $10 within the USA.

4. Non-USA buyers: I am not familiar with shipping costs, insurance, etc. for shipping books to countries outside of the USA, so please PM me to make arrangements if you're interested (okay to post an unconditional take it in the thread pending such arrangements, but I reserve the right to reject it, and I give you the right to back out of it, if for some reason we can't work out the shipping details).

5. No HOS or probation boardies

Action #47 CGC 9.2 Rockford

Guide Price: $4,200

My Estimated FMV = $11,928 (see my post about 10 posts after this one for details)

My Boardie Sale Price: $8,750

action47cgc92ctowp_rockford.jpg

action47cgc92ctowp_rockford_back.jpg

ASM #14 CGC 9.2 - White Pages

I'm looking for a good home for this book as well. I've had it since 2008. The prior owner picked it up about 25 years before that.

Priced at $100 above my cost: $4,600

asm14cgc92wp.jpg

asm14cgc92wp_back.jpg

Looks under graded to me. Too bad I dont have the funds. :( GLWS

I took a look at all 2011 9.2 sales of Action Comics between issue 1 and 100 on GPA and ComicLink and came up with the following:

Issue...........Sales Price........2010 Guide.....Sale Price / Guide Ratio

13................$185,000...........$25,000...........7.4

34................$7,800...............$3,500............2.23

49 Rockford..$8,963...............$2,900............3.09

55 Rockford..$4,175...............$2,300............1.82

85................$1,997...............$1,400............1.43

100..............$9,999...............$1,775............5.63

Throwing out the #13 since it is clearly priced way too low in the Guide across all grades, the remaining books above in 9.2 sold for an average of 2.84 times Guide.

Assuming my Action #47 sold for a similar multiple of guide at auction, this would put its estimated value at 4,200 x 2.84 = $11,928. Of course anything can happen at auction, plus I would be hit with a minimum 10% sales fee (although if it doesn't sell here I will probably throw it up for auction in the future, after a short stay on CLink at a higher price for the remainder of the year).

Not surprisingly, the books above that are broken out in the guide (i.e. keys or semi-keys), like the #13 and the #100 above sold for higher mutiples of guide than books not broken out...

Disclaimer: I did not perform similar analysis to the above across Action Comics issues 1 through 100 in other grades, but I would expect the average multiple of guide to increase as the grade increases...