• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOP 5 GRAILS - THAT YOU OWN

1,214 posts in this topic

I thought Stan Lee didn't work on Captain America Comics until issue #3. Am I mistaken?

In any case, great stuff! :applause:

I thought Stan Lee didn't work on Captain America Comics until issue #3. Am I mistaken?

This is right. He had an all text story in #3. Definitely didn't work on issue 1. Have a couple different books where he makes mention of this.

That said, he's linked with the character, so the sig is just as valid as it would be on a Spidey 300 or something, really.

-Rob-

This is right. He had an all text story in #3. Definitely didn't work on issue 1. Have a couple different books where he makes mention of this.

That said, he's linked with the character, so the sig is just as valid as it would be on a Spidey 300 or something, really.

-Rob-

Is the GA Captain America Comics #1 SS by Lee and Simon the 4.5 on the census? I think it is. Is it a qualified label SS with the stan lee signature? I would love to the see the GA CA #1 dual signature. I own the other SS GA CA#1 SS 3.5 CGC.

Acc. to Overstreet and CGC Stan the man did his first work at Marvel on Cap #3

CaptainAmericaComics3CGC5_0autoenha.jpg

-Rob-

I disagree. I would not want Stan to sign my Cap 1(its only coverless, but its still Cap 1). Having him sign a spidey 300 is different IMO. He created the character and the beginning of the book also states, Stan Lee presents.....

Stan is associated with Cap, but since he neither created nor contributed to that issue it seems as pointless to me as having McFarlane sign an ASM #1.

Of course, I'd still love to see a pic of that Dual SS Cap 1.

So many books, hard to pick my top five.. but here goes...

Little Dot #96 - CGC 8.5

Archie's rival Reggie #75 - PGX 6.5

Howard the duck #6 - CGC 9.0

Heroe's Inc. NN - CGC 9.4

Powerman and Iron fist #56 - Raw NM-

a fun top 5

So many books, hard to pick my top five.. but here goes...

Little Dot #96 - CGC 8.5

Archie's rival Reggie #75 - PGX 6.5

Howard the duck #6 - CGC 9.0

Heroe's Inc. NN - CGC 9.4

Powerman and Iron fist #56 - Raw NM-

a fun top 5

Thanks, Rick.. I know you're probably envious.. but don't be. Took me years to compile them grails. You'll get there in time.