• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I got to meet someone pretty high ranking today

72 posts in this topic

Just checked the data encoded on the two images; the first is from a senior staff photographer (KEVIN LAMARQUE) for Reuters and the second is a Getty photographer Davis Turner (for photo enthusiasts, it was taken on a Nikon D3).

It's awesome to meet someone famous like that! And thanks for your service.

I got to meet our old Governor once, I saw him at a museum. His name is Tim Kaine, I walked up to him and asked if he was indeed Tim Kaine and he said he was, I shook his hand and said it was nice to meet him. He asked if I supported him or something along those lines and I said. "God, No! As a matter of fact, I oppose just about everything that you stand for, but it is really nice to meet you" That led to an awkward silence and we made our excuses and went our separate ways.

Just checked the data encoded on the two images; the first is from a senior staff photographer (KEVIN LAMARQUE) for Reuters and the second is a Getty photographer Davis Turner (for photo enthusiasts, it was taken on a Nikon D3).

Wow, I didn't know you could get that much information off of second hand photographs! What can you read about the third photo?

Wow, I didn't know you could get that much information off of second hand photographs! What can you read about the third photo?

Let's just say the idiom of a picture being worth a thousand words really applies - especially with the emergence of smartphones:

119106.jpg.7a31abe93eda9d5c860a2e77024e2ff1.jpg

Let's just say the idiom of a picture being worth a thousand words really applies - especially with the emergence of smartphones:

photo_info.jpg

HOLY SH$%!

That image is too small for me to read, but can you actually get my personal info off of just a dang photograph? Is that a topographical image of my grid coordinates at the time??

photo_info.jpg

HOLY SH$%!

That image is too small for me to read, but can you actually get my personal info off of just a dang photograph? Is that a topographical image of my grid coordinates at the time??

Sorry. Photobucket scaled the image when it optimized it for Web. I edited my post, downsized the file (with quality loss) and attached it to the boards.

BTW: In answer to your question, I edited that info out, but yes.

Sorry. Photobucket scaled the image when it optimized it for Web. I edited my post, downsized the file (little pixelation) and attached it to the boards.

So basically just by someone "harmlessly" posting a smartphone photograph you can find out, not only their identity, but other information like exactly where they've been.

That's pretty scarey. You'd make a fantastic supervillian.

Sorry. Photobucket scaled the image when it optimized it for Web. I edited my post, downsized the file (little pixelation) and attached it to the boards.

So basically just by someone "harmlessly" posting a smartphone photograph you can find out, not only their identity, but other information like exactly where they've been.

The board detectives are really amazing. (worship)

It's not that easy. But let's just say you don't want to commit any criminal activity and post or share a photo online.

The Web is a great playground for image sharing. Whenever I see a great photo shared online, I want to know what camera was used. Call it a hobby, and I have my fair share of camera's, but I just can't seem to pull off the same results with them, which can be maddening considering how much hurt it can lay on the wallet. Learning through the methods other people use can sometimes help.

Amazingly, the encoded data can tell you things the leisure photographer might not have known about their camera, functions used to pull of the shot, features, etc. For instance, I learned about a feature I didn't know my camera even had from studying another photo I saw online. Who reads instruction manuals anyway?

No doubt, it has usefulness for other purposes as well.

All the way through my schooling, there wasn't one computer available. I was happy to see electric typewriters in 10th grade. It's hard for me to fathom some of this modern technology.

To this, I just want to say the great equalizing function of technological usefulness ought to be measured by the high octaves of laughter achieved when catching someone peddling their conman using photos of items not belonging to them.

All the way through my schooling, there wasn't one computer available. I was happy to see electric typewriters in 10th grade. It's hard for me to fathom some of this modern technology.

The wheel was probably pretty popular back in your day, huh? hm