• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official PROMETHEUS poster.

50 posts in this topic

Ahhh 3D. The movie looks cool in it, but it's a total pain in the @ss for someone who wears glasses all the time. I'll still be seein' it, though!

So, what is this movie about?

Is it the "origin flick" for the Aliens? Or is it something different? Reading about it, I see it's being pushed as a prequel, but it doesn't say anything about how it's tied in.

Is it the "origin flick" for the Aliens? Or is it something different? Reading about it, I see it's being pushed as a prequel, but it doesn't say anything about how it's tied in.

Im not sure? Could be different.... the origin of mankind? What if the Aliens were created as a counter measure to mankind? Kind-of a check to our balance? hm

There is definitely a tie-in to Alien, but the whole prequel business is being downplayed. It's supposed to be much more than that and able to stand on its own. There's a lot of debate on whether this is true or not. The mystery surrounding this, along with the leaked trailer have really added to the hype. Personally, I think the hype is warranted - it has all the trappings of a great movie.

There is definitely a tie-in to Alien, but the whole prequel business is being downplayed. It's supposed to be much more than that and able to stand on its own. There's a lot of debate on whether this is true or not. The mystery surrounding this, along with the leaked trailer have really added to the hype. Personally, I think the hype is warranted - it has all the trappings of a great movie.

I agree wholeheartedly... RIdley Scott, Fassbender who is an amazing actor..... possible alien tie-in.... Lets just hope a -script doesnt leak and ruin it for everone!

Another interesting thing to consider? did Giger have anything to do with this movie? It was his creations that added to the feel of the first movie......

I agree wholeheartedly... RIdley Scott, Fassbender who is an amazing actor..... possible alien tie-in.... Lets just hope a -script doesnt leak and ruin it for everone!

Another interesting thing to consider? did Giger have anything to do with this movie? It was his creations that added to the feel of the first movie......

did Giger have anything to do with this movie?

According to the reports, yes. Although I don't know if it's to the same extent as it was with Alien.

Interestingly, Scott hints at other Giger/Scott movie collaborations in the future.

LINK

Im not sure? Could be different.... the origin of mankind? What if the Aliens were created as a counter measure to mankind? Kind-of a check to our balance? hm

hm

I've read somewhere that this prequel is supposed to explain the mystery behind the huge, mummified alien that Dallas, Kane, and Lambert came across in the alien ship; what was its purpose?

As far as H. R. Giger's involvement; I wonder if they'll stumble across this hieroglyph?

https://giger.com/gigerframeset.php

Can't wait to see this... :applause:

did Giger have anything to do with this movie?

According to the reports, yes. Although I don't know if it's to the same extent as it was with Alien.

Interestingly, Scott hints at other Giger/Scott movie collaborations in the future.

LINK

Oh no.... that just did it right there! This is gonna make some fan-boys mad but that little bit of info just pushed this movie into the top spot of must see movies of 1012! Even more so than Avengers... sorry but this tops it for me! :banana:

hm

I've read somewhere that this prequel is supposed to explain the mystery behind the huge, mummified alien that Dallas, Kane, and Lambert came across in the alien ship; what was its purpose?

As far as H. R. Giger's involvement; I wonder if they'll stumble across this hieroglyph?

Yes, I have heard that too! What did they call him? The astronaut or somthing?

I see the homepage but not the hieroglyph?

hm

Sorry about the link; the hieroglyph...

Hieroglyphics-main_1.jpg

I think it was supposed to be a prototype Alien movie poster as well.... hm

hm

Sorry about the link; the hieroglyph...

Hieroglyphics-main_1.jpg

I think it was supposed to be a prototype Alien movie poster as well.... hm

THAT IS AWESOME!!! :o

It looks like it's depicting the ALIENS Gestation cycle.

And I guess those creatures with the Vacuum tube nozzles are the same species as the ''Space Jockey''?