• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone know anything about this George Reeves Superman photo?

17 posts in this topic

Anyone know anything about this George Reeves Superman photograph? I found it on the curb in my neighborhood and it's been hanging on my wall for about a year. It's a silver gel print unmarked and unsigned. I'm assuming it's some type of publicity shot for the Superman TV show...I know it's George Reeves, but I'm not sure who the other two people are. Anyone know? Thanks in advance and sorry for the bad picture quality.

superman1.jpg

Anyone know anything about this George Reeves Superman photograph? I found it on the curb in my neighborhood and it's been hanging on my wall for about a year. It's a silver gel print unmarked and unsigned. I'm assuming it's some type of publicity shot for the Superman TV show...I know it's George Reeves, but I'm not sure who the other two people are. Anyone know? Thanks in advance and sorry for the bad picture quality.

superman1.jpg

That may be a still from the episode "Mrs. Superman" where he married Joi Lansing.

tumblr_l6rhp10yK51qb7dheo1_500.jpg

superman1.jpg

That may be a still from the episode "Mrs. Superman" where he married Joi Lansing.

tumblr_l6rhp10yK51qb7dheo1_500.jpg

Thanks! I think you're right! I just found this after doing a google image search on her and Superman

sw03.jpg

superman1.jpg

His costume was grey and brown rather than blue and red, wasn't it?

I seem to remember the producers thinking those colours transferred better onto black and white film.

(thumbs u

Her IMDB bio is a sad one.

"She was a young lady who developed, physically, early as a teen."

With Hollywood having its effect, including four marriages.

Last sentence...

"Joi was diagnosed with breast cancer, and died at the age of 43 on August 7, 1972, in Santa Monica, California."

Sure, for the Black and White episodes.

This one was season 6 and in colour.

Put me down for Joy Lansing, and I am wondering if the old guy is prolific director Lew Landers, - except I cannot find an image for him.

I think you're right about Lew Landers...this is him on the left....I think it's the same person.

landers-ball-agar_opt.jpg