• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st appearance of The Maxx
3 3

464 posts in this topic

All night long my body burned

The sheets were wet and cold

The lights were on, my eyes were gone

And any second lose control

The pounding in my window

Or just the pounding in my head

I wonder who was in my room that night

Who the hell was in my bed?

There must have been a body there

I swear I smelled some flesh

It took a little time but I figured they were mine

There were fingers going down my chest

My mouth went through the ceiling

And my body fell to the floor

I couldn't find a key 'cause there was nothing I could see

And so I ran through the door

The cops, the priest, the crisis line

And no one really had a clue

No one to tell us who was touchin' me

Or exactly what I should do

My throat was dry, my hopes were high

But nothing really ever got said

But who was in my room that night?

Only a true renaissance man can plumb to depths of music and reach the Butthole Surfers to pluck a gem like this.

I feel really sorry for the guy that signs up here as a new member and a diehard Maxx fan and finds this thread. :eek:

Talk about walking into the world's largest sausage measuring festival and contest. (sorry Sharon)

Hoowah.

Worse for him if he stumbles into your Beyonder love fest thread. :sick:

lol

I have scared everyone away from that thread. No one wants to play with me anymore. I'll just be the kid in the corner with the mismatched clothes eating boogers. :cry:

A role with which you have some passing familiarity, I assume.

Passing familiarity my azz.

Poster child circa 1976 until about 1982. Mix in white hair with glasses and the hand me down jeans w/ patches on the knees and any 70's era dork shirt and voila. Just add boogers.

:acclaim:

He is NOT persecuted. It just looks that way because he picks so many arguments with people.

The irony of you saying this is classic.

I'll be glad to take your examples, of me picking arguments with people, offline. Feel free to PM me or post them here. Frankly, you don't register on my radar much except when you're defending RMA, so I can't recall if we have any history. But you have something of a hard on for me it appears.

And there it is.

My comment about your comment is perceived as a personal attack.

Amazing.

See, my response would've been more along the lines of, "Exactly what do you mean by that?" as a clarification in the discussion.

But the Internet machismo is strong here.

I feel really sorry for the guy that signs up here as a new member and a diehard Maxx fan and finds this thread. :eek:

Talk about walking into the world's largest sausage measuring festival and contest. (sorry Sharon)

Hoowah.

Worse for him if he stumbles into your Beyonder love fest thread. :sick:

lol

I have scared everyone away from that thread. No one wants to play with me anymore. I'll just be the kid in the corner with the mismatched clothes eating boogers. :cry:

Whose boogers? :ohnoez:

:gossip:

It was just rubber cement. Trying to impress the chicks with my suave ways. :banana:

All night long my body burned

The sheets were wet and cold

The lights were on, my eyes were gone

And any second lose control

The pounding in my window

Or just the pounding in my head

I wonder who was in my room that night

There must have been a body there

I swear I smelled some flesh

It took a little time but I figured they were mine

There were fingers going down my chest

My mouth went through the ceiling

And my body fell to the floor

I couldn't find a key 'cause there was nothing I could see

And so I ran through the door

The cops, the priest, the crisis line

And no one really had a clue

No one to tell us who was touchin' me

Or exactly what I should do

My throat was dry, my hopes were high

But nothing really ever got said

But who was in my room that night?

Only a true renaissance man can plumb to depths of music and reach the Butthole Surfers to pluck a gem like this.

I miss those days for the music, the comics, and my youth...

He is NOT persecuted. It just looks that way because he picks so many arguments with people.

The irony of you saying this is classic.

I'll be glad to take your examples, of me picking arguments with people, offline. Feel free to PM me or post them here. Frankly, you don't register on my radar much except when you're defending RMA, so I can't recall if we have any history. But you have something of a hard on for me it appears.

And there it is.

My comment about your comment is perceived as a personal attack.

Amazing.

See, my response would've been more along the lines of, "Exactly what do you mean by that?" as a clarification in the discussion.

But the Internet machismo is strong here.

I wasn't perceiving it as a personal attack. Pardon me for having some flair in my response. I just read it as you saying something you thought sounded good without any actual facts to back it up. And I'm still waiting to hear how my statement was ironic. Much as I asked you privately to let me know what was BS and where I was being hypocritical here:

Isn't it just trolling otherwise?

Guys, whether you agree, disagree or otherwise with RMA, his style etc., why get into these long protracted debates if you don't like him or he irritates you?

I wonder the same thing. All the haters must really like him or otherwise they'd just put him on ignore and be done with it. Either that or they just love to wallow in their hate and exercise it at every opportunity.

Nah. I used to have that attitude. I relish the people who push buttons and boundaries around here. Problem is, RMA is just way more of a negative than positive. If everyone shuts up and lets him spout his BS unchallenged then that BS becomes fact as far as the boards are concerned. He's only persecuted because he considers being challenged to be persecution.

God that is such krap.

Talk about BS going unchallenged to become fact...

The hypocracy is stunning.

But you never substantively responded to that question either.

Political, political

Politicalamity

It's anarchy

Political, political

Politicalamity, yeah, yeah, yeah

Yeah, yeah, yeah

It's anarchy

Well I say we got trouble, trouble, trouble

Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble

We saw that was coming.....

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

I'm sure none of the parties defending RMA has ever received one of his run on PM's. I think I made 2 posts in his earlier blowup. One consisted of "don't get him started again". The other was questioning whether his blowup had damaged himself more than Lonestar Comics. Never called him a name or attacked him in any way.

So I get this massive run on PM attacking my character, ethics, morals & intelligence. It was an amazing piece of work considering that he really wasn't even on my radar for the most part. Basically questioning how I could live with myself being such a morally & ethically corrupt person. I actually had to go back & reread what I had posted.

I sent a reply asking him not to PM me again because I wouldn't be reading anything else from him. He sent me a second PM berating me in the Subject Headline, who knows what he had inside the pm. I can just imagine some of the PMs sent to people he publicly dislikes.

I'm sure none of the parties defending RMA has ever received one of his run on PM's. I think I made 2 posts in his earlier blowup. One consisted of "don't get him started again". The other was questioning whether his blowup had damaged himself more than Lonestar Comics. Never called him a name or attacked him in any way.

So I get this massive run on PM attacking my character, ethics, morals & intelligence. It was an amazing piece of work considering that he really wasn't even on my radar for the most part. Basically questioning how I could live with myself being such a morally & ethically corrupt person. I actually had to go back & reread what I had posted.

I sent a reply asking him not to PM me again because I wouldn't be reading anything else from him. He sent me a second PM berating me in the Subject Headline, who knows what he had inside the pm. I can just imagine some of the PMs sent to people he publicly dislikes.

I just found out that if you have someone on ignore their PM's never make it through. I didn't think anyone could stop a PM.

I had someone on ignore by accident and they had to have a friend PM me to tell me so.

Seem like it might have help you in this situation.

I just found out that if you have someone on ignore their PM's never make it through. I didn't think anyone could stop a PM.

I had someone on ignore by accident and they had to have a friend PM me to tell me so.

Accident??? Pffffftttttttttttt. That is not what the restraining order says ya big jerk.

Responding to an opinion with statements like "Frankly, you don't register on my radar much" and "you have something of a hard on for me it appears" is flair and not the sound of something being taken personal?

"The Irony of you saying this is classic" isn't 'flair?'

I'm confused.

Sometimes I feel I'm in Bizarro world here.

I would take "don't get him started again" as a swipe. How else can you take it?

I would have told him to take a flying leap in the PM and put him on ignore. (I am guessing you don't know that the ignore function stops all PMs)

On the second PM, send it to the moderators and publicly tell him to take a flying leap.

I won't debate the merits of the PM since I haven't seen it but unwanted is unwanted.

Responding to an opinion with statements like "Frankly, you don't register on my radar much" and "you have something of a hard on for me it appears" is flair and not the sound of something being taken personal?

"The Irony of you saying this is classic" isn't 'flair?'

I'm confused.

Sometimes I feel I'm in Bizarro world here.

That's fine. If you don't want to directly respond, don't. All I asked for is where I was spouting BS, being hypocritical or ironic.

So to summarize: If he didn't want to receive a nasty PM from RMA, he should place him on ignore?

While I would bet that you are good at your job, that isn't what he said.

Nasty? I didn't realize you saw the PM?