• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st appearance of The Maxx
3 3

464 posts in this topic

It is almost always patently false. He is not causing trouble. He is zealously, vociferously and aggressively debating all of the points that he feels are worthy of his efforts. If you don't like it, go away. I did. Go find the last time I really engaged RMA. It was about the comics distribution system. I thought he was full of mess, but he kept on steaming along. Finally I gave up. He is still my friend, even though I think he was cuckoo for cocoa puffs for thinking that he knows exactly what may or may not have happened with pallets of Silver Surfer #4s circa 1969.

These are posts on an internet chat board and the haters get themselves wound so frickin tight about his posts and then they blame him. HUH???? The bottom line is that haters want him gone, and they follow him around to goad him into engaging all of them at once and making himself look like he is frothing at the mouth, because they want him gone. The real question is whether he will stop taking the bait before the haters get what they want.

Really?

He's a petulant blowhard who get his jollies from "winning" internet arguments - either through outright bullying or by dissecting every single minute detail of any previous post and then following it up with a wall of text designed specifically to make other people leave in exasperated disgust.

Man, if I had a dollar for every guy on this message board who loves to "win the internets" in every thread, or loves and lives to correct everyone else's least little mistake, or is unnecessarily strident, petty, suffers from delusions of forum grandeur I would be able to afford Chainnball's doubled signed MM #15. lol

It seems more of a prereq. to be a member of this board than it is an exception.

With all due respect, Larson-disparager, this is weak sauce. RMA, while not alone, is not your run of the mill, arguing type, Internet chat board guy. Those guys would be model T-800s. RMA is a T-1000. And he can quote me on that.

About half the guys arguing with him before he got the 3 week vacation last time were engaging in the same type of "wall of text, down-to-the-syllable parsing" posts to the Nth degree in their attempts to prove that RMA was the petty, de-minimis detail loving, interwebs argument machine.

They couldn't hear people calling out the contradiction because of the pots and kettle yelling racial slurs at each other.

he can be exhausting, but the intent is not evil/malicious. clearly he is a lawyer trapped inside a person working in a different profession. i've stopped getting into debates with him (wouldn't call them arguments). it's pointless (pretty much all debates here are pointless) and incredibly time consuming. i have other things to waste my time with like complaining about like my LCS not giving me a $2 break on a $30 purchase.

I've said that many times, PLUS he types very quickly.

Seriously, I hope instead of reading all the threads, he uses his time off to research law schools, or how to become a lawyer without attending a formal school.

Well hopefully they will all apologize to RMA as he has been terribly wronged now and in the past. Maybe, by the time he returns, we will all have become more proficient at the ignore button and he will face only admirers, ignorers and cotton candy colored ponies.

Well hopefully they will all apologize to RMA as he has been terribly wronged now and in the past. Maybe, by the time he returns, we will all have become more proficient at the ignore button and he will face only admirers, ignorers and cotton candy colored ponies.

:(

You prefer a different color?

Aw you went all "fallacious claims of victimhood." :cry:

Imagine how angry you would have been when you got your suspension if your nemesis and his henchmen had started 2-3 threads reveling in your downfall and making confusing and contradictory claims about you.

Then when you returned and sought to clarify what was incorrect in what they said people jumped your mess and claimed you were back again "starting" another fight. I can only imagine the burr in your saddle that would have been.

Imagine what having Nerf on ignore would have saved you. A wealth of freedom from compulsory sabbaticals. We all have crosses to bear, unfortunately.

It is almost always patently false. He is not causing trouble. He is zealously, vociferously and aggressively debating all of the points that he feels are worthy of his efforts. If you don't like it, go away. I did. Go find the last time I really engaged RMA. It was about the comics distribution system. I thought he was full of mess, but he kept on steaming along. Finally I gave up. He is still my friend, even though I think he was cuckoo for cocoa puffs for thinking that he knows exactly what may or may not have happened with pallets of Silver Surfer #4s circa 1969.

These are posts on an internet chat board and the haters get themselves wound so frickin tight about his posts and then they blame him. HUH???? The bottom line is that haters want him gone, and they follow him around to goad him into engaging all of them at once and making himself look like he is frothing at the mouth, because they want him gone. The real question is whether he will stop taking the bait before the haters get what they want.

Really?

He's a petulant blowhard who get his jollies from "winning" internet arguments - either through outright bullying or by dissecting every single minute detail of any previous post and then following it up with a wall of text designed specifically to make other people leave in exasperated disgust.

Man, if I had a dollar for every guy on this message board who loves to "win the internets" in every thread, or loves and lives to correct everyone else's least little mistake, or is unnecessarily strident, petty, suffers from delusions of forum grandeur I would be able to afford Chainnball's doubled signed MM #15. lol

It seems more of a prereq. to be a member of this board than it is an exception.

With all due respect, Larson-disparager, this is weak sauce. RMA, while not alone, is not your run of the mill, arguing type, Internet chat board guy. Those guys would be model T-800s. RMA is a T-1000. And he can quote me on that.

About half the guys arguing with him before he got the 3 week vacation last time were engaging in the same type of "wall of text, down-to-the-syllable parsing" posts to the Nth degree in their attempts to prove that RMA was the petty, de-minimis detail loving, interwebs argument machine.

They couldn't hear people calling out the contradiction because of the pots and kettle yelling racial slurs at each other.

By "half" you mean "one", right? :makepoint:

The bottom line is that haters want him gone, and they follow him around to goad him into engaging all of them at once and making himself look like he is frothing at the mouth, because they want him gone. The real question is whether he will stop taking the bait before the haters get what they want.
I don't see much following and goading in this last round of frothiness.

Nope, just Bosco calling him a "scummer."

My memory might be fuzzy, but I sat through the catfight and I don't recall Nick calling Rocky a "scummer." Did he cross the line of poor taste and judgment in his argument? Yes, certainly. Should he have just shut his mouth and let it go? Most assuredly. But the main point he was making was that Rocky's behavior impacts people's willingness to deal with him on a business level. As dismissive as Rocky or anyone else might be of this point, it is undeniably true (and would be true of anyone else who engages in polarizing behavior on this board).

The bottom line is that haters want him gone, and they follow him around to goad him into engaging all of them at once and making himself look like he is frothing at the mouth, because they want him gone. The real question is whether he will stop taking the bait before the haters get what they want.

My memory might be fuzzy, but I sat through the catfight and I don't recall Nick calling Rocky a "scummer." Did he cross the line of poor taste and judgment in his argument? Yes, certainly. Should he have just shut his mouth and let it go? Most assuredly. But the main point he was making was that Rocky's behavior impacts people's willingness to deal with him on a business level. As dismissive as Rocky or anyone else might be of this point, it is undeniably true (and would be true of anyone else who engages in polarizing behavior on this board).

Hater.

You prefer a different color?

Nope. It is the concept that someone's style of posting on a message board could infuriate one to the point of actually spending valuable time stumping against them. I got pretty close myself, so i know the seductive allure of constantly having a bete noire-style boogeyman to rail upon. Especially when you just know that 8 or 10 others are going to pile on. But, that is fundamentally wrong.

In the WTB thread, where RMA was admittedly "gaming the rules" by saying that there was nothing preventing someone from soliciting PGX books, Bosco865 called RMA a "scummer."

Really?

Take out the "wall of text" part and how many members can we use that paragraph to describe? Even with the wall of text, there are several that fit that bill. Petulant blowhard describes 95% of the members on this board.

He loves playing the victim, he revels in other peoples' dislike, and his constant need for attention, his self-aggrandizing posturing and tendency to carpet-bomb any thread within a 2 mile radius of the Copper forum makes these boards a shiittier place to be.

Playing the victim= Poster I don't like defending themselves from my point of view. I know for a fact that he doesn't revel in other peoples' dislike. It is probably the #1 cause of the wall of text and defending himself and that comes off as "playing the victim". He doesn't make the boards a shiittier place to be.

And, yeah, I have him on ignore - which, unfortunately, doesn't mean that I'm not subjected to his drive-by jabs & patronizing snarks in pretty much every thread of interest.

At what point is the burden not on me to "go away", but rather on him to start acting like a friggin' decent human being?

I can't even begin to possibly think of another poster that has more drive-by jabs and patronizing snarks thrown at him than RMA. There are so many patronizing and condescending azzhats on this forum that it is kinda weird.

I can make a list of about 20 people ( you aren't included on that list) that I think are patronizing and condescending and are in dire need of an infusion of "acting like a human being". I can certainly make a case that they make these boards a shiitier place to be as well due to their presence. I choose to ignore them because I enjoy this place.

I'm not about to let someone's words on the internet take away my enjoyment of this place. I can take away the power from the people I don't like or get along with or I can contribute to this place being "shiitier" by complaining about those same people non stop.

The disconnect here is that one side sees RMA as the complainer and the other side does not.

The day RMA steals someone's money or books, I will be the first in line to ostracize him. The day he does something immoral or unethical, I will be the first in line to ostracize him. The day he kicks puppies and clubs baby seals, I will be the first in line to ostracize him.

I won't ostracize him because he is condescending or patronizing or just a generally overall obnoxious, annoying azz. If I did that, I would have to leave the boards because this place is full of them. I would have to place myself on ignore as well because I have been as much of a knob as anyone else.

Also, I am fully aware of the whole quote thing I just did is RMA esque. I do hate to admit it but it is really helpful. But holy cow, it takes too much time.

Bosco's point was still an opinion. People certainly rub people the wrong way and it affects the possibility of doing business but that is not unique to RMA.

The funny thing is this hobby is rife with people dealing with complete crooks and unethical dirtbags to get the books they "need". The key there is my list of dirtbags is different from your list of dirtbags for the most part.

Shut his mouth and let it go applies to many, many situations on this board as well.

His posts are only as powerful as the person reading and responding makes them. A scream in a vacuum creates no sound. I have 3-4 people on ignore and their "cancer" has been eradicated, to use your analogy.

You and others and I will just have to agree to disagree. People can do things here that are wrong, regardless of whether the recipient reacts in any way or is even aware that the transgression has occurred. There was a long discussion/argument not too long ago about whether RMA or others were acting as bullies. Your argument was his. You can't be a bully if someone has the ability to ignore you or avoid you.

I don't agree.

Ok, let's put it another way. How many long, protracted, utterly destructive arguments can he get into....by himself?

So people should just put their fingers in their ears and let him continue without ever being challenged. That's the same BS that RMA used to say that people should never be challenged for racist or sexist posts here. Turning the other cheek is great until you get punched on the other side, too.

You know what else is BS? The people who feel the need to kick him when he's down. It's not enough that people cannot just be glad that he won't be around for awhile, they continue to jab and pick even when he's not around. lol That's a freakin' joke.

Great post. Most of RMA's detractors are suffering from the same dogged determinism that RMA is chided for. They can't let him go. They are just as much like a dog with a bone as RMA himself is. The problem is that they can't see it, because they are too busy saying "Look at RMA, look at all the threads he is in causing trouble," rather than saying to themselves, "Why am I following this guy around and pointing out what a I think he is?"

+1 :applause: