• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1st appearance of The Maxx
3 3

464 posts in this topic

But the same thing goes for everyone here! I don't understand where the double standard comes from. :sumo:

Because the white knights must save the board from the cancer (or rather the individual who is like :eyeroll: a cancer). I'm sure one of them has an iPhone app that lets them know when RMA posts, then an automatic PM goes out to all the knights with the link to the offending thread.

Everyone expects this inquisition.

I realize you consider RMA a friend & feel the need to defend him (enabling is always a good thing), but is it really that difficult to understand why someone would find his posting style offensive/annoying?

There's a group that defend him at every turn, many times before he is able to defend himself. I understand you feel he is the underdog & that everyone is piling on, but he has really ramped up his style over the last few months. When someone disagrees with him he takes it personally & goes on attack mode.

It's just like if you are out at a restaurant & there is some clown making a scene at the next table. First time you may overlook it, second time you might confront him, by the third time you go to management.

That's all that is happening here, management has been notified of his behavior & they are the ones making the decision.

But the same thing goes for everyone here! I don't understand where the double standard comes from. :sumo:

Because the white knights must save the board from the cancer (or rather the individual who is like :eyeroll: a cancer). I'm sure one of them has an iPhone app that lets them know when RMA posts, then an automatic PM goes out to all the knights with the link to the offending thread.

I realize you consider RMA a friend & feel the need to defend him (enabling is always a good thing), but is it really that difficult to understand why someone would find his posting style offensive/annoying?

There's a group that defend him at every turn, many times before he is able to defend himself. I understand you feel he is the underdog & that everyone is piling on, but he has really ramped up his style over the last few months. When someone disagrees with him he takes it personally & goes on attack mode.

It's just like if you are out at a restaurant & there is some clown making a scene at the next table. First time you may overlook it, second time you might confront him, by the third time you go to management.

That's all that is happening here, management has been notified of his behavior & they are the ones making the decision.

Name ONE other Boardie that gets gangraped like RMA. One. No one has to put up with what he has to put up with. Regardless of how "annoying" he is. If I said I like NFL Superpro and 15 people told me I was stupid, that is one thing. But if, every time I got engaged in any thread (at least in General) a 15 headed Lernean Hydra of Internet Trollhate came at me, I would leave this place. It would suck so bad, i would leave.

RMA won't leave. He will keep hacking at heads until there are so many that finally he gets gobbled up. And that will suck.

Name ONE other Boardie that gets gangraped like RMA. One. No one has to put up with what he has to put up with. Regardless of how "annoying" he is. If I said I like NFL Superpro and 15 people told me I was stupid, that is one thing. But if, every time I got engaged in any thread (at least in General) a 15 headed Lernean Hydra of Internet Trollhate came at me, I would leave this place. It would suck so bad, i would leave.

RMA won't leave. He will keep hacking at heads until there are so many that finally he gets gobbled up. And that will suck.

Holy Cow....that was so viscerally described a visual that I can actually see that scene in my head. :eek:

Oh and as for NFL Superpro...make it 16. :hi:

So are you saying the other restaurant patrons (boardies) are sitting by quietly and waiting for management (arch/mods) to deal with him.

When I think of your restaurant analogy, and to make it accurate to this situation, it seems more like people would be screaming and throwing food at him as management toss him out the door "No Soup For You" style.

That would be followed by an Irish wake of dancing, singing, and debauchery..minus the respect for the dearly departed.

Watching the folks that revel in this kind of thing, the only word that comes to mind is "childish".

That's the issue I have with the post mortem antics around this joint.

I find a lot of members posting style annoying. I find non stop dog piling on posters annoying and that happens non stop around here as well. RMA is not unique in this category.

Read what you just wrote back to yourself. You have accused anyone that defends RMA as an enabler. You have also decided that you know exactly what someone else is thinking and their reaction. You have also likened him to a clown. Awesome.

Yep, can't see why anyone would respond to that. I will just sit and take my medicine because I clearly can't make my own fing decisions and I am too fing stupid to see what a big cancer RMA is. Thank God I have this large group running around here telling me how to fing think.

Put me on ignore and put me in the same cancer category as RMA. Better yet, please run around and tell everyone what a dbag I am as well. I will thank you for =saving me from my own stupidity one day.

:facepalm:

I find a lot of members posting style annoying. I find non stop dog piling on posters annoying and that happens non stop around here as well. RMA is not unique in this category.

Read what you just wrote back to yourself. You have accused anyone that defends RMA as an enabler. You have also decided that you know exactly what someone else is thinking and their reaction. You have also likened him to a clown. Awesome.

Yep, can't see why anyone would respond to that. I will just sit and take my medicine because I clearly can't make my own fing decisions and I am too fing stupid to see what a big cancer RMA is. Thank God I have this large group running around here telling me how to fing think.

Put me on ignore and put me in the same cancer category as RMA. Better yet, please run around and tell everyone what a dbag I am as well. I will thank you for =saving me from my own stupidity one day.

You owe Sean like 12 or 13 bucks for using his trademark phrase so many times.

I really can't disagree with any of that. I can understand how he gets on peoples nerves. To be truthful, he got on my nerves in the beginning. However, one day he made a comment that another boardie was one of the only people to try to "look below the surface on him." I think he was referring to fingh but my memory is hazy.

That made me think that perhaps I had misjudged this guy. I also knew RMA had something that PITAs like JC never had, a sense of humor and the ability to be self deprecating. I started talking with him through PM and even recently had a couple converstaions with others about him.

As I said, I understand why he riles up so many people, but based on my experiences I look at him differently.

Other than that, I agree with fingh and comix4fun. The grave dancing and effigy burning is sickening. It's gotten to the point where RMA gets jabbed even when he's not involved in the discussion. Some of you people need to let it go, put him on ignore and move on. It will only improve the board experience.

I've decided to be done with the RMA discussion for a little while. Please don't take my silence as agreement or the effect of your persuasion. Maybe the rest of the people here (defenders and bashers alike) can take some of their own advice and just stop talking about it.

I've decided to be done with the RMA discussion for a little while. Please don't take my silence as agreement or the effect of your persuasion. Maybe the rest of the people here (defenders and bashers alike) can take some of their own advice and just stop talking about it.

We should all be done with the RMA discussion. I don't think anyone is going to be persuaded but being that an RMA personality trait is never letting things go, not terribly shocked that other people have that trait as well.

Now that Mike's gone and we have nothing to talk about, let's all move on to Lamont Larson and any potential political affiliations he may have had, or sympathy for, before and around the early 1940's. hm

You owe Sean like 12 or 13 bucks for using his trademark phrase so many times.

Fingh can fing sue me.

:ohnoez:

I did think about adding the "h" on the end there for extra style points. hm

Now that Mike's gone and we have nothing to talk about, let's all move on to Lamont Larson and any potential political affiliations he may have had, or sympathy for, before and around the early 1940's. hm

Did he, and not Keith, create The Maxx?

lol

F that. Let's party. Clearly he left because he was undeniably persuaded by my eloquent and heartfelt statement on the merits, or lack thereof, of Boomtown's statement. :o

Who the hell is The Maxx?

Who the hell is The Maxx?

Arch foe of The Minn

:applause::applause::applause:

Can you name anyone else that acts like RMA around here?

You & Chris are two of my all-time favorite boardies, but when it comes to this issue, I find it crazy just how feverishly you're defending a guy who, for all intents & purposes, spends the vast majority of his time on this board acting like an aggressive, condescending individual_without_enough_empathy.

Yes, there are other people on this board who are douchebags as well.

Yes, it's always fun rooting for the underdog.

But, please, can we stop pretending that the guy who managed to rack up 3 strikes in about a month & half due to trolling & threats is the poor innocent victim here? RMA has managed to alienate a large number of people on this board due to his behavior over the years - which is a shame, because he does possess an insane amount of cool comic book knowledge - and now he's reaping what he's sown; he has absolutely no-one to blame for this than himself.