• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Where Does Your Stuff go When You Pass? Apparently Straight to eBay.

94 posts in this topic

[font:Comic Sans MS]

My wife is very familiar with values of my books.I have a living trust that explains in detail what to do and who to sell to.I have some board members here in my trust for my wife to contact. (thumbs u

'Sup Dave, buddy, pal :kidaround:

Seriously though, a trust is a good idea. Some of my books will go to my younger brother, but most will go to my grandson*.

Because of all the medical issues I've dealt with I should do this sooner rather than later.

*If at any time between now and the day I kick the bucket I feel my grandson will not honor and respect the collection as I have, I reserve the right to renig this offer. Last month he said, "Comic books are bor-ing. I kept telling myself, "He's only six, he's only six, he's only six..."[/font]

Edited by Sulphur Server

[font:Comic Sans MS]
My wife is very familiar with values of my books.I have a living trust that explains in detail what to do and who to sell to.I have some board members here in my trust for my wife to contact. (thumbs u

'Sup Dave, buddy, pal :kidaround:

Seriously though, a trust is a good idea. Some of my books will go to my younger brother, but most will go to my grandson*.

Because of all the medical issues I've dealt with I should do this sooner rather than later.

*If at any time between now and the day I kick the bucket I feel my grandson will not honor and respect the collection as I have, I reserve the right to renig this offer. Last month he said, "Comic books are bor-ing. I kept telling myself, "He's only six, he's only six, he's only six..."[/font]

He's only six! :roflmao: Really a living trust is very important,you should get that done as soon as possible. :headbang:

Last year I was contacted about some comics and toys from the guy handling his deceased friends estate. Very sad the way he passed away. The article makes it sound like he could not afford to pay for his heat. I believe the Toys and comics belonged to his Dad.

From the items pulled from the house it's obvious he was sitting on a small fortune but was just a recluse. I remember seeing over 100 gallons of water, cases of MRE's and as the article states over 100 guns were discovered.

Here is a link to the article and a couple pics of the toys.

News Article

capmidnight.jpg

1950scomics034.jpg

Oh I'm sure my wife will burn them in the front yard with a sigh of relief.

Does your wife have a long lost sister because I think I'm married to her.

my wife refuses to acknowledge that they even exist!

my better half is the same way

Is there a thread for wives who hate comic books?.... there must be :frustrated:

Is there a thread for wives who hate comic books?.... there must be :frustrated:

My wife would be gone before my comic collection. lol

You just tell her you were collecting comics when you met her, and you'll be collecting comics when she's gone.

My wife knows to contact a certain board member who lives nearby. (thumbs u

My wife will place a phone call to Kentucky.

She'll also need to keep TupennyConan alive some way.

My wife also has expilicit intructions to make you and Neil fight over my REH collection. :devil:

**Notes: need to ply Jeff with liquor at earliest opportunity**

You just tell her you were collecting comics when you met her, and you'll be collecting comics when she's gone.

I told her that when I first met her 18 years ago,now she grades books better than I do. :headbang:

I told her that when I first met her 18 years ago,now she grades books better than I do. :headbang:

:lol: I think my wife of 27+ years is right about there on grading as well :thumbsup:

:lol: I think my wife of 27+ years is right about there on grading as well :thumbsup:

We are two lucky dudes. :cloud9:

We are two lucky dudes. :cloud9:

No argument here...., :cloud9:

Interesting thread , makes you think

I always hoped my son or daughter would have some interest and take over the collection one day. This will apparently not happen!

I like the idea of a trusted board member available to contact and if negotiated in advance, handling the liquidation of the comics.

My fear would be that my wife or kids would end up selling the whole thing to a shop for pennies on the dollar.

I bet I am close to the 80/20 rule (20% of my collection has 80% of the value) Having someone that could pull the big ticket items and handle the sale and then figure out what to do with the remainder would be worth quite a lot.

I think I need to contact some local boardies about arranging this to happen

That's actually a great idea. I don't have any children, and I don't have any friends who collect. I'd hate the idea of my cherished treasures being tossed up unceremoniously on Ebay. At least that's one way to pass them on.

Now, I just need some friends. Haha.

That's actually a great idea. I don't have any children, and I don't have any friends who collect. I'd hate the idea of my cherished treasures being tossed up unceremoniously on Ebay. At least that's one way to pass them on.

I have a dear friend, god father to my children who is a collector, so he will see things right - but if I out live him hm

I have a dear friend, god father to my children who is a collector, so he will see things right - but if I out live him hm

:headbang: I have a book that has everything that I own,and prices I paid for each item comic books,OA,toys,autographs my classic car. my living trust states who to talk to here on the boards(people I trust) to broker or help my wife with my comics and OA to maximize the prices sold.They will be compensated well for their efforts.Of course it helps to have a mother in law as an Atty who specializes in Probate and wills,and wife who is a paralegal.

:headbang: I have a book that has everything that I own,and prices I paid for each item comic books,OA,toys,autographs my classic car. my living trust states who to talk to here on the boards(people I trust) to broker or help my wife with my comics and OA to maximize the prices sold.They will be compensated well for their efforts.Of course it helps to have a mother in law as an Atty who specializes in Probate and wills,and wife who is a paralegal.

Hey,

That's so reassuring - over time I hope to build that kind of network here on the boards. Oh and what's the claasic car?

Hey,

That's so reassuring - over time I hope to build that kind of network here on the boards. Oh and what's the claasic car?

I own a 1929 Oakland 3 window business coupe,still restoring it.Oakland became Pontiac in 1930,so with the great depression and it being the last year the company was in business there are only 3 3window coupes in existence.

MA3.jpg

MA1.jpg

Hey,

I own a 1929 Oakland 3 window business coupe,still restoring it.Oakland became Pontiac in 1930,so with the great depression and it being the last year the company was in business there are only 3 3window coupes in existence.

MA3.jpg

MA1.jpg

:o Speechless -

AWESOME