• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1000 comics in 2012 book club

991 posts in this topic

wow -- you guys are really killing it on the reading. I took the challenge this year just to benchmark myself and am just over 250 -- hopefully will cross 300 this year.

Same as! lol

I'm hoping to get a good chunk of reading done over the Christmas holidays.

wow -- you guys are really killing it on the reading. I took the challenge this year just to benchmark myself and am just over 250 -- hopefully will cross 300 this year.

Same as! lol

Get those My Little Pony books read first.

Same as! lol

Get those My Little Pony books read first.

Friendship is magic... Wheeeeee!!!!

almost...

0948 X-Factor 246

0949 X-Factor 247

0950 Suicide Squade 14

0951 New Mutants vol I 1

0952 New Mutants vol I 2

0953 First X-Men 4

0954 Ultimate X-Men 19

0955 Peter Panzerfaust 1

0956 The NEw Teen Titans 2

0957 Aphrodite IX 0

0958 Aphrodite IX 1

0959 Aphrodite IX 2

0960 Aphrodite IX 3

0961 Aphrodite IX 4

0962 Cyber Force 2

0963 Alpha Girl 1

0964 Thief of Thieves 1

0965 Dancer 1

0966 Nancy in Hell on Earth 1

Animal Man #15

Avengers #1 (2013)

Batgirl #15

Batman #15

Daredevil End of Days #3

Demon Knights #15

Earth 2 #7

Fantastic Four #1 + #2 (2013)

Hellboy in Hell #1

Invincible #98

Storm Dogs #2

Stormwatch #15

Swamp Thing #15

Ultimates #18.1

Whore (110 pages, counts as 5 comics)

Ghost Omnibus vol 1 (354 pages counts as 16 comics)

36 comics added for a total of 2468 comics read in 2012.

Probably one of my last updates as I'm stopping at 2500 comics...so with some luck should be sometime during the weekend.

ASM #697 -#699. Another Goblin story. And the Kingpin. And the Osborns. Boring stuff in #697 but the next two issues hit the jackpot as a dying Doc Ock pull the perfect mind switch.

ASM# 699.1. The Living Vampire – his origin and his future.

Venom #27 & #27.1. What was originally a decent title has rapidly descended in to nonsense.

Uncanny Avengers #1 & #2. Rather pedestrian but saved by the reveal on the last page of issue #1 - #2 is much better.

Daredevil #20. Another great issue in this superb run. Without question the best super-hero book on the market.

Captain America #1. A decent story ruined by some ugly art.

Indestructible Hulk #1. Much better than expected. Stupid title though.

Journey Into Mystery #645 & #646. Journey into mediocre.

Ultimate Spider-Man #18. The war continues.

Ultimate X-men #18.1 & #19 & #20. A massive improvement on recent issues.

Captain America & Black Widow #639. Cap and two Widows still fighting in the Multiverse.

FF #1. Fascinating.

Secret Avengers #34. Dimension hopping shenanigans.

Ultimate Iron Man #2 & #3. Ultimately disappointing.

All New X-Men #3. Mutant meets mutant. Mutant loses mutant. Mutant gets angry. And some time travel mutants.

Avengers #1. A new era but nothing much to shout about.

Iron Man #3 & #4. Less of the fisticuff nonsense and much improved on the previous two issues.

Deadpool #3. Made my brain hurt.

Thunderbolts #1. Bring on the bad guys.

Avenging Spiderman #15. The new Marvel Team-Up, only not as good.

Daredevil End of Days #3. DD’s kids are everywhere.

Ultimates #18.1. Filler.

Fantastic Four #2. More filler.

Total: 2509.

Crecy (Warren Ellis)

Hawkeye #5 + #6

Powers #28 - #37

Red Hood & The Outlaws #0 - #14

Sherlock Holmes The Liverpool Demon #1

Suicide Squad #15

The Phantom Stranger #3

Winter Soldier #13

32 comics added for a total of 2500 comics read in 2012...And that's all she wrote.

I'm done for the year, from the beginning of the year I wondered if I could manage to get to 2500 comics and I'm happy I did. I tried to go for a mixture of back issues and new comics, but most confess that I read a lot more modern comics than I did last year.

To get to 2500 I had to read a about 208 comics every month, didn't quite manage that every month,but I had some "monster" months as well

January 248

Feb 182

March 192

April 282

May 159

June 43

July 166

August 279

September 212

October 273

November 293

December 171

Ongoing titles I enjoyed the most were in no particular order

Northlanders

BPRD Hell on Earth

The Walking Dead

Baltimore

Locke & Key

Invincible

Sweet Tooth

Swamp Thing

Hawkeye (2012)

Newcomer of the year for me is "The Manhattan Projects"

But the best thing all year were all the Will Eisner graphic novels which I finally read.

And now I'm off to read some books :insane:

Crecy (Warren Ellis)

Hawkeye #5 + #6

Powers #28 - #37

Red Hood & The Outlaws #0 - #14

Sherlock Holmes The Liverpool Demon #1

Suicide Squad #15

The Phantom Stranger #3

Winter Soldier #13

32 comics added for a total of 2500 comics read in 2012...And that's all she wrote.

I'm done for the year, from the beginning of the year I wondered if I could manage to get to 2500 comics and I'm happy I did. I tried to go for a mixture of back issues and new comics, but most confess that I read a lot more modern comics than I did last year.

To get to 2500 I had to read a about 208 comics every month, didn't quite manage that every month,but I had some "monster" months as well

January 248

Feb 182

March 192

April 282

May 159

June 43

July 166

August 279

September 212

October 273

November 293

December 171

Ongoing titles I enjoyed the most were in no particular order

Northlanders

BPRD Hell on Earth

The Walking Dead

Baltimore

Locke & Key

Invincible

Sweet Tooth

Swamp Thing

Hawkeye (2012)

Newcomer of the year for me is "The Manhattan Projects"

But the best thing all year were all the Will Eisner graphic novels which I finally read.

And now I'm off to read some books :insane:

(worship)

For what it's worth, even though I always forgot to keep a tally here, I kept a spreadsheet of everything I read.

1173 Comics

26 Trades

More comics than ever before, and now I have about 13 comics left to read, down from 4 long boxes.

This thread was a good motivator.

All New X-Men 4

Avengers Arena 2

Avengers 2

Cable and X-Force 2

Captain America 2

Daredevil 21

FF 2

Green Lantern 15

Happy 3

Indestructible Hulk 2

Nightwing 15

Red Hood and the Outlaws 15

Scarlet Spider 12.1

Thor God of Thunder 3

Thunderbolts 2

X-Men Legacy 3

Harbinger 7

Nowhere Man 2

Saga 8

Thief of Thieves 11

Ultimate Spider-Man 18

Uncanny X-Force 35

Comeback 2

America's Got Powers 4

Where Is Jake Ellis 2

Wonder Woman 15

X-O Manowar 8

Total - 1100

Sgt. Rock: Between Hell and a Hard Place TPB

Heavy Liquid TPB

Ronin TPB

And that's a wrap. 1800 comic books read this year.

Favorite series: Scalped

Favorite series: Northlanders

Favorite single issue: Goon #39

Favorite new series: Fatale

Least favorite mini/series: Ferals

Least favorite single issue: Sea Bear and Grizzly Shark

Well, it's X-Mass Eve, my daughter is with her mom, pam is in Atlanta, and I am home having a glass of wine, chillin' and listening to some great tunes, so I figure I better list the (almost) last of this years comics that I have read and see if I have made the 1000 this year. I was sooo close last year :pullhair:

Green Arrow- Brightest Day V2 8 issues (Decent, but nothing great.)

Hellblazer- Phantom Pains 7 issues ( (thumbs u Love this series!)

Hellblazer- Devil's Trench Coat 9 issues ( (thumbs u Even better that Phantom Pains)

Avengers/Invaders 12 issues ( :applause: Well done! Really enjoyed this!)

Trio 4 issues ( zzz I expected more from IDW and John Byrne :facepalm: )

Walk 6 issues (One of the better books put out by Virgin)

The Savage Hawlman-V1 8 issues (Story was pretty bad. Carter was not Savage and the inks ruined Tan's usually amazing pencils. I was really looking forward to this! What a bummer! :cry: )

Saga- V1 6 issues ( (thumbs u Great read! Looking forward to V2! )

Deadpool Kills The Marvel Universe 4 issues (I have been staying away from Deadpool, as I got bored with the character, but this looked like fun. Boy, was I wrong! :frustrated: Total garbage!)

Avengers vs X-Men 23 issues (Not bad, not great. Worth the read.)

Penguin- Pain and Prejudice 6 issues ( Fantastic! :applause: One of the best "Bat Universe" books I have read in years!)

X-Factor- V14, V15 & V16 9 issues (Still digging this series!)

Crossed- Wish You Were Here 136 pages counting as 5 comics (Sick and very twisted. The best of the Crossed books yet.)

Resurrection Man- V1 7 issues (Loved the original series, this looks just as promising (thumbs u )

American Vampire- V4 9 issues (Stiil one of the best books being published today! (thumbs u )

Doom Patrol- We Who Are About To Die 6 issues (Just o.k., nothing special. Such great characters, I wish DC would get a great team together to write a draw a great comic featuring them one day :wishluck: )

Daredevil-V2 6 issues (Much better than V1! Story and art were very good. The cover to #10 was amazing as well, maybe in the top ten covers of this year!)

Journey Into Mystery- The Terrorism Myth 5 issues (Still loving the whole "young Loki" thing. Adding Damon Hellstrom to the mix was a nice suprise.)

Journey Into Mystery/New Mutants- Exiled 5 issues ( Very suprised that I enjoyed this. I was kinda bummed when I heard I would have to read the NM issues to keep up with JIM. Nice suprise.)

Green Lantern- New Guardians V1 7 issues (Solid story and art (thumbs u )

Green Lantern Corps- New 52 V1 7 issues (Same as the GL above.)

Legion Of Super-Heroes- New 52 Hostile World V1 7 issues ( I love the Legion, but nothing special here zzz )

Fairest- Wide Awake 7 issues (Fun stuff! (thumbs u Love the Bottle Imp! Hope he appears again soon :wishluck: )

Fables- Werewolves Of The Heartland 137 pages counting as 5 issues (Very different from Fables except the great writing and art. Very cool story. (thumbs u )

Fables-V1 5 issues (After reading the 2 TPB's above, I had to go and re-read this and it still holds up. I see why I fell in love with this series so many years ago :acclaim: )

Lone Ranger- V5 6 issues (Still going strong :applause: I love what Dynamite is doing with all these GA heroes. I am about to start the TPB of their version of The Shadow and looking forward to it!)

Winter Solider- V1 6 issues (Great story and art! Brubaker, after all this time, is still rockin' it! :headbang: )

DC Universe Presents- New 52 V1 8 issues (I love Deadman and the Challengers, but, damn, this sucked! :pullhair: The Deadman covers by Chang were amazing. I guess every cloud......)

Justice League Dark- New 52 V1 6 issues (Neat concept, well written, and great art. Looking forward to V2!)

Punisher- V2 7 issues (Not bad, but I like the MAX version much better.)

I, Vampire- New 52 V1 6 issues (Not anything like I expected, but that's a good thing! I enjoyed the story and art. Looking forward to V2)

Thunderbolts- Like Lightning 6 issues (Still digging this series, but this trade was not as good as the last few....)

Voodoo- New 52 V1 6 issues (Dug this one, but will hold judgement until V2)

And now it's time to bid farewell to 3 series I really enjoyed and will be sorely missed..... :(

Irredeemable- V10 4 issues (I knew going in that this would be finite series, so no suprise here. I liked how everything tied up at the end and the homage to our hobby. (thumbs u )

Scalped- V10 5 issues (One of the smartest and different comics DC/Vertigo has put out. From the first issue to the final issue, I have really enoyed this series. I don't know if sales were low or if Aaron just decided that the story was finished being told, but either way, what a great read! What a great ending! :applause: (thumbs u )

The Boys-V12 7 issues (I am soooooo bummed this has ended! Still, it was a great ending! This series will go down in my reading history as one of the best I have ever read. (worship) (worship) (worship) )

1108 comics read since Jan 1st 2012

Can't believe I made it this year!!!!! :banana:

A happy and healthy holiday season and new year to all!

Peace,

-Steve

Almost there...

0975 True Blood 5

0976 True Blood 6

0977 Action Comics Annual 11

0978 Batgirl 12

0979 Batgirl 13

0980 Action Comics 866

0981 Action Comics 867

0982 Action Comics 868

0983 Action Comics 869

0984 Action Comics 870

0985 Ghost 2

0986 WWE 8 (Undertaker 2 of 2)

0987 FF 1

0988 Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk 5

0989 Ultimate Wolverine vs Hulk 6

0990 Cable & Deadpool 22

0991 Cable & Deadpool 23

0992 Cable & Deadpool 25

0993 Cable & Deadpool 26

0994 Cable & Deadpool 27

0995 Cable & Deadpool 28

0996 Cable & Deadpool 29

0997 Grimm Fairy Tales Halloween Special 2011

0998 Archer & Armstrong 1

Another book I can add to my goal....

0999 Ghosts

See what I did there... book 999 I read was Ghosts from Vertigo. I think it was a big pile of junk, but still.. book 999 is Ghosts

Get it, get it... Never mind......