• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Feb Heritage Auction

612 posts in this topic

Serious bidding wars on some of those GA Subbys, which sent prices to multiples of GPA. Subby 14 in 6.5 went for $4.2K (a 9.0 last year went for $3.3K), whilst Subby 17, also in 6.5, went for nearly $5.7K, which is insane. Astounding prices for non-key Sub-Mariners with good, but not great covers that are not all that uncommon.
shocked at the 14...I had a cgc 8.0 at 2995 :o

Bidding fever? Two highly motivated buyers? Doesn't Subby usually lag behind the other Timely titles?

Rumored imminent appearance in Marvel film universe

Would that really effect middle issue GA books? I'd think more like a first appearance or a SA Submariner #1 maybe FF #4.

Serious bidding wars on some of those GA Subbys, which sent prices to multiples of GPA. Subby 14 in 6.5 went for $4.2K (a 9.0 last year went for $3.3K), whilst Subby 17, also in 6.5, went for nearly $5.7K, which is insane. Astounding prices for non-key Sub-Mariners with good, but not great covers that are not all that uncommon.
shocked at the 14...I had a cgc 8.0 at 2995 :o

Bidding fever? Two highly motivated buyers? Doesn't Subby usually lag behind the other Timely titles?

Rumored imminent appearance in Marvel film universe

Would that really effect middle issue GA books? I'd think more like a first appearance or a SA Submariner #1 maybe FF #4.

I was surprised at the Subby's too. I was hoping to maybe pick-up Subby 28 CGC 6.0 copy, hoping the 7.5 would draw away attention to it, but it didn't happen. Got too expensive for me.

The thing that is truly insane is that a nice 9.2 Sub-Mariner 17 is in the March Comiclink Auction.

On the other hand, this makes me feel good about every stupid bid I've ever made.

The thing that is truly insane is that a nice 9.2 Sub-Mariner 17 is in the March Comiclink Auction.

On the other hand, this makes me feel good about every stupid bid I've ever made.

Post a couple of what you picked up, John. :baiting:

Maybe it's time to sell mine? hm

DSC01870-1.jpg

DSC01855-1.jpg

(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)(worship)

That AMF Vol2 #5 certainly ended up strong (with BP $8,365.00.)

AMF Vol2 #4 ended at $3,585.00 with BP. :o

Those prices blew my mind... the AMF 2/5 more so. I was thinking maybe 5K... and that seemed like a high price.

I thought the AMF 2/4's dust shadow would bring that book down, but I guess its rarity overruled its cosmetic problems. The OW to W pages helped I'm sure.

What Centaurs were you after, BlindOwl?

Scarce issues with great covers attracted quite a bit of interest. This was the first time most of the issues had shown up for auction in semi-high grade.

Absolutely insane! I paid $450 for my Subby 17 in 6.0. It was close to 10 years ago.........

Yes, it's really hard to tell with these books some of the time.

Makes you wonder if it's simply a case of bidding fever with a highly hyped auction such as this or whether it's just 2 crazy bidders chasing after the same books. Probably a combination of both since we certianly didn't see the same kind of pricing action with the All-American's, the All-Star's, the Adventures's, the Flash's, etc. that we saw with these Subby's and some of the Wonder Woman's.

What's up with some of these bidders anyways? The All-Star #3 was able to fetch only slightly more than guide at $49K a few days ago, and now there's already 2 offers on this book with the first one at $65K and the one today for $75K. What's this all about as it doesn't seem to make much sense to me, or is Heritage simply trying to make Mitch's predictions look good? ???

Absolutely insane! I paid $450 for my Subby 17 in 6.0. It was close to 10 years ago.........

Makes you wonder if it's simply a case of bidding fever with a highly hyped auction such as this or whether it's just 2 crazy bidders chasing after the same books. Probably a combination of both since we certianly didn't see the same kind of pricing action with the All-American's, the All-Star's, the Adventures's, the Flash's, etc. that we saw with these Subby's and some of the Wonder Woman's.

What's up with some of these bidders anyways? The All-Star #3 was able to fetch only slightly more than guide at $49K a few days ago, and now there's already 2 offers on this book with the first one at $65K and the one today for $75K. What's this all about as it doesn't seem to make much sense to me, or is Heritage simply trying to make Mitch's predictions look good? ???

It is an awesome book that #3. IMO I think some of the GA stuff should command more of a premium for the higher grade books and went for a lot less than I was expecting in the auction. Perhaps to many books to try to bid on at once and after the storm settled, buyers can go after what they really want? Who knows. If anyone wants to offer $65k or $75k with what I bought I'm game. :)

It is an awesome book that #3. IMO I think some of the GA stuff should command more of a premium for the higher grade books and went for a lot less than I was expecting in the auction. Perhaps to many books to try to bid on at once and after the storm settled, buyers can go after what they really want? Who knows. If anyone wants to offer $65k or $75k with what I bought I'm game. :)

You've got yourself a deal! :headbang:

That is, as long as you was the successful bidder for the 'Tec #27 or the Action #1. Okay, I am willing to go as far down as the AA #16 or the Bats #1. :/