• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fatale anyone?

1,017 posts in this topic

I'm actually enjoying the new arc more than the first arc. I'll be shocked if Brubaker doesn't extend the length of this series beyond what he's indicated in his letter pages. There's a ton of material to work with here and the book has been better issue after issue. I guess only time will tell.

That's sad. I'm shocked at how poorly these books have sold. In my opinion the story has only got better each issue. This is a prime example of what happens when readers learn that a titles days are numbered. I think there is still a shot that these books will pick up steam again. Brubaker has sold the rights for all of his other hits to be adapted for the bbig and small sfreen. If he ever sells the rights to this book to AMC, Showtime or HBO, yhis book is going to go for a resonable amount of cash again. The bad part is that I imagine that because Criminal and other Brubaker creator owned comics have not made it beyond the development stage, Brubaker is probably gun shy and unwilling to sell the rights to Garale unll he has some guarantee that the adaption will be fone as faithfully and with as much care as the Walking Dead, the Dar, Knight and/or Avengers. I certainly haven't and won't give up faith in Fatale and hope that the creators decide to keep telling stories about thse incredible characters and their stories.

That's sad. I'm shocked at how poorly these books have sold. In my opinion the story has only got better each issue. This is a prime example of what happens when readers learn that a titles days are numbered. I think there is still a shot that these books will pick up steam again. Brubaker has sold the rights for all of his other hits to be adapted for the bbig and small sfreen. If he ever sells the rights to this book to AMC, Showtime or HBO, yhis book is going to go for a resonable amount of cash again. The bad part is that I imagine that because Criminal and other Brubaker creator owned comics have not made it beyond the development stage, Brubaker is probably gun shy and unwilling to sell the rights to Garale unll he has some guarantee that the adaption will be fone as faithfully and with as much care as the Walking Dead, the Dar, Knight and/or Avengers. I certainly haven't and won't give up faith in Fatale and hope that the creators decide to keep telling stories about thse incredible characters and their stories.

It amazes me how quickly people give up on a book. This was one of the hottest books going around at the start of the year and it's still a great read. Just the nature of modern books these days I guess..

I never believed that Blue Labels would succeed for this book. Being a limited story, why would anyone do blue labels, and at that, slabbing beyond #1, unless they were wanting to keep it in their own collection?

There are many people still enjoying the book. Raw copies of #1 are still selling for above cover. People still want to read the story, but now they have the choice of buying the trade as well. Good for them...the story is still being read. If you hoarded these like there was no tomorrow, then yes, I think you're arsed out. Everything in moderation. ;)

It would be nice to see this on TV. I wonder who would play Jo. :luhv:

Very uneventful issue this time around. Disappointed. Although, it seems that Jo was REALLY scared shartless about the Goons in this book. What gives? So what's the guess about the flick? A snuff film? A sacrifice taped? Don't even want to imagine what would cause peeps to gasp like in the last issue.

Besides that, seems like Brubaker is a hardcore fan of Breaking Bad. lol

Interesting about the solicitation for Fatale stories to be included in the future book, or books. Hope the next issue kicks it up again. This one was a snoozer.