• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fatale anyone?

1,017 posts in this topic

that being said, I'm not banking on a show or movie. I just like having great books by a great team.

Amen. Just pointing out that, structurally, FATALE would work on TV. I know Brubaker has various film/TV projects he's working on, just wondering how much of that may have informed FATALE. Or maybe FATALE is meant to be a comic only and there was no outside influence. Either way, as you say, the comic is a great read and that's all that matters.

that being said, I'm not banking on a show or movie. I just like having great books by a great team.

Amen. Just pointing out that, structurally, FATALE would work on TV. I know Brubaker has various film/TV projects he's working on, just wondering how much of that may have informed FATALE. Or maybe FATALE is meant to be a comic only and there was no outside influence. Either way, as you say, the comic is a great read and that's all that matters.

I completely agree that, of all of Brubaker/Phillips' work, Fatale is the most TV friendly. There is way better continuity of characters and they could shoot seasons much like mad men where they have no problems skipping forward a few years.

, now I'm gonna have to add this to my reading list...

It's evidently a horrible speculative book, but a fine read indeed, sir. If you want, I can look through my back issues and might be able to send you a full arc or two if you'll cover shipping. They won't all be first prints and none will be 9.8s, but the price will be OK. PM me if you're interested

If any of you guys have not read Sleeper (same creative team) you are missing a real treat.

Completely agree, although I'd rank the Brubaker/Phillips collaborations this way:

Criminal > Fatale > Incognito > Sleeper > Scene of the Crime (Phillips inks)

Just my take though

I'd put Scene of the Crime between Criminal and Fatale, but otherwise agree, though with the caveat that I've never read Sleeper - but was unimpressed with Point Blank, and figured it was more of the same - am I wrong?

Why do you think this series isn't taking off with collectors like other image titles? I think the series rocks and my LCS doesn't carry that many so I would assume low print runs, great writer, and awesome series equals higher back issue prices. Does it need rumors of a tv show?!

For speculators, yes it may need a TV show. At first, people were all over this book since it was around the time that Image Expo launched. The covers rocked as well. The book can be slow at times, but it picks up here and there as well. I'm still reading it and there are others as well, but it only caters to specific readers due to its genre. Creepy stuff in there.

Oh, and Jo... :luhv:

For speculators, yes it may need a TV show. At first, people were all over this book since it was around the time that Image Expo launched. The covers rocked as well. The book can be slow at times, but it picks up here and there as well. I'm still reading it and there are others as well, but it only caters to specific readers due to its genre. Creepy stuff in there.

Oh, and Jo... :luhv:

Still have the #1 I got from you Julio. Still is minty mint mint. I should have it slabbed but it looks so nice in the Mylar.