• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fatale anyone?

1,017 posts in this topic

just looking through all the fatale on the registry, is it anyone on this board who has the only 10.0 from the series, issue 4?

Yeah, I have it.

lol, that's an angry sounding sentence. I was just asking :P, there are 9.9s for sale on ebay, and just wondering if the 10 was dislodgeable or not. I know you are a big fatale fan, not trying to make drama

:foryou:

Went to an out of the way LCS and was able to get 2 #1 1st prints for cover price, one of each cover. That's all the guy at the comic shop would let me pick up. I will probably go back in a week or two and try to get more, as they had at least 5 more copies of the beast cover #1.

there's so many 'hot' books out from Image the last year it's sensory overload. If this one got the green light for a movie or tv show it would explode. Great story regardless.

We need Brubaker to stop by and pump up the volume.

there's so many 'hot' books out from Image the last year it's sensory overload. If this one got the green light for a movie or tv show it would explode. Great story regardless.

We need Brubaker to stop by and pump up the volume.

No arguement there.

It would be pretty cool if he showed up.

If any of you guys have not read Sleeper (same creative team) you are missing a real treat.

Completely agree, although I'd rank the Brubaker/Phillips collaborations this way:

Criminal > Fatale > Incognito > Sleeper > Scene of the Crime (Phillips inks)

Just my take though

Could not get into SLEEPER. But big fan of CRIMINAL and FATALE. Would rank FATALE ahead of CRIMINAL, myself. Brubaker/Phillips are about as reliable as they come. Don't think I've read a stinker yet from them (did not think SLEEPER was bad, just didn't engage me).

The consistent quality of Brubaker's work bodes well for sustained interest.

I'll also add that I don't know if Brubaker set out to write a TV show, but FATALE would be a very easy translation to the small screen. Much more so than CRIMINAL.

Criminal goes through too many characters to be good tv, but each arc wouldn't necessarily work bad as a movie...

that being said, I'm not banking on a show or movie. I just like having great books by a great team.